Does anyone else hate facebook?

Options

Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Pointless status updates about weather, work, or "omgz I luv him" are easy to ignore. If they annoy me enough I delete them. Facebook is a tool for me, like MFP, I control what I have to see or don't have to see so it doesn't bother me. :) the one thing that is irritating about Facebook is drama. I do not do drama but somehow even I am subject to it on Facebook. Apparently having friends that include your SO's family opens them to decide what kind of person you are and they can in turn tell him and he can in turn be a drama queen about how his grandmother takes the pics of you showing off your cleave age.

I still show cleaveage. His grandmother is still a friend. They can suck it. :)
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    you had me at "cleavage"
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    you had me at "cleavage"
    Apparently it got g-mas attention too. Booyah! :bigsmile:
  • vice350z
    Options
    you had me at "cleavage"
    Apparently it got g-mas attention too. Booyah! :bigsmile:

lol, do you realize how much power you have with your cleave????
  • FearAndTrembling
    Options
    I hate when people post 10,000 pictures of their one kid opening every present they got for christmas. It's freaking obsessive. I don't mind one or two cute kid pics, but God, give me a freaking break.

This. I'm sick of your ****ing kids. It's become a scrapbook for mothers. I don't need Facebook. The people I care about I am already in touch with. I don't need to be in touch with every single person I ever went to school with, worked with, etc.
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    If you hate facebook then you're going to love Instagram/twitter
  • vice350z
    Options
    If you hate facebook then you're going to love Instagram/twitter

lol, i have twitter but really only to follow the Opie and Anthony Show...when i found the twitter for suspect #2 in the boston bombing he was at 3,000 followers...later in the day he was up to 60,000 followers...retarded that people followed him just so they can say they were a follower of a scumbag murderer.
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I hate when people post 10,000 pictures of their one kid opening every present they got for christmas. It's freaking obsessive. I don't mind one or two cute kid pics, but God, give me a freaking break.

This. I'm sick of your ****ing kids. It's become a scrapbook for mothers. I don't need Facebook. The people I care about I am already in touch with. I don't need to be in touch with every single person I ever went to school with, worked with, etc.

I made a thread about this once, people with kids on Facebook...the reactions were priceless :laugh:
    Alas, the thread was locked within a few pages...
  • vice350z
    Options

I made a thread about this once, people with kids on Facebook...the reactions were priceless :laugh:

the best is when a parent posted their unfortunate ugly kid and they get "omg...so beautiful" pity posts...no one has the balls to say "wow, that's one ugly kid" lol. Fugg...i don't have the balls to do that.
  • VeganSurfer
    Options

the best is when a parent posted their unfortunate ugly kid and they get "omg...so beautiful" pity posts...no one has the balls to say "wow, that's one ugly kid" lol. Fugg...i don't have the balls to do that.

:laugh:

Have you tried www.unbaby.me ?

It filters out crappy kid pics and replaces them with pics of cool stuff like dogs and food!
  • vice350z
    Options

It filters out crappy kid pics and replaces them with pics of cool stuff like dogs and food!

haha..i'll have to check it out!!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I quit FB entirely. Too much politics and religion, and I've no use for either.
  • VeganSurfer
    Options

haha..i'll have to check it out!!

Me thinks you will enjoy it :smile:
  • sorryfrench
    sorryfrench Posts: 163 Member
    Options

or "omg, my boyfriend/husband is the best in the whole world!!!"....cool! Until he gets sick of you and cheats on you and you guys break up and you have to awkwardly delete all your together pics from facebook and have to change your relationship back to "single"

Someone is bitter. :tongue:
  • vice350z
    Options

or "omg, my boyfriend/husband is the best in the whole world!!!"....cool! Until he gets sick of you and cheats on you and you guys break up and you have to awkwardly delete all your together pics from facebook and have to change your relationship back to "single"

Someone is bitter. :tongue:

lol, no, just how it always seems to go. I enjoy being single and not tied down to one person.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    It has shown me what hypocrites ppl can be. One friend is always posting about how evil capitalism and consumerism is and then there she is asking on the Laboutin page where she can find a certain pair of shoes (which run $1000 +). Then another friend preaching about animal rights and all and IRL she has the biggest leather purse I've seen.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Oh and don't get me started on very VAGUE whiny posts. Just begging for attention.
  • VeganSurfer
    Options
    Oh and don't get me started on very VAGUE whiny posts. Just begging for attention.

I effing hate this!! :explode:
  • vice350z
    Options

LOL! "omg, i could just kill myself!!".....detailed status update is detailed!! Its just begging for the "omg what's wrong?????" replies.
  • FearAndTrembling
    Options
    Or the girls who put up a picture of themselves and a dozen guys make comments about how beautiful she is. That's why she put it up there in the first place, to get that reaction.