Does anyone else hate facebook?

Options

Replies

• iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    So people should only be allowed to post statuses that fit in with your interests & entertain you?

If I posted to impress the majority of people in my community, I'd have to write statuses about getting high, getting drunk, make racist comments about White people & post pictures of fries. None of which I do.

I get annoyed when ppl post 90 photos of their baby or update 12 times a day about how being pregnant makes them better & wiser than everyone else... But I figure let people live their lives & write what is important to them... You can always skip over their posts or unfriend if it bugs you that much.
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    People are just annoying =) I did post a pic of my lunch yesterday....DOH! But it was broccoli and asparagus with some Cholula hot sauce. Surely I annoyed some =)

lol..if you do it here and there...no big whoop. I had one friend who thinks people cared to see what he was eating EVERY DAY...i think i have half my friends hidden...i just don't care.

You are tough! Note to self.....do not accept friend request from YOU!
    :laugh: :noway: :flowerforyou:

I'm just cranky tonight and I don't know why...probably reading people's facebook updates. lol.

Funny ****. Step away from the FB statuses. I admit to ignoring a lot of my friends posts too. Wish I could delete a bunch of em' but I know drama would arise. Instead, ignore, skip, hide and talk **** about what they post.

haha, every once in a while I'll think about doing some friend pruning...but when i go to my friend list I ended up pruning no one because I don't want to offend them.

Eff that! I cut 'em off even if they do get "offended". If I get above 60 people I cut someone, I've even cut family before. For one, it's facebook so if you're really going to get that bent out of shape you're a loser. For two, I only see about 20% of my FB friends regularly so it's not like I'm going to run into them and have to explain...I did it, wanna fight about it?
  • survivor1952
    survivor1952 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Quit Facebook about 3 years ago. Thought it was "safe"...Ha! Someone hacked on my page/friends and I had Big Problems!!!
    Do not trust it, don't need to hear/read useless crap. I agree totally with you.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    So people should only be allowed to post statuses that fit in with your interests & entertain you?
    Nah. They're free to post whatever they like. And I'm free to complain about them. :)
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I hate it...but can't leave :laugh:
    I used it more when I lived in Asia to keep in touch with friends and family.
  • VeganSurfer
    VeganSurfer Posts: 383 Member
    Options

I get annoyed when ppl post 90 photos of their baby or update 12 times a day about how being pregnant makes them better & wiser than everyone else... But I figure let people live their lives & write what is important to them... You can always skip over their posts or unfriend if it bugs you that much.

This works a treat www.unbaby.me
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    Don't have it, never will
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    "THEY GOT HIM!!!!" We all know Suspect #2 was caught...you all don't need to report it
    We don't care that you're working out
    We don't care to see a picture of what you had for lunch and dinner
    No one really cares what you're doing every couple hours
    Yeah, we all feel bad for the Boston bombing victims.

Maybe i'm just a miserable fvck...who knows.

Seriously. Sometimes I feel like the only person in my generation without one.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    I get to hear/see about lots of what my friends are currently doing, so it doesn't bother me. What does are all the stupid games.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    "THEY GOT HIM!!!!" We all know Suspect #2 was caught...you all don't need to report it
    We don't care that you're working out
    We don't care to see a picture of what you had for lunch and dinner
    No one really cares what you're doing every couple hours
    Yeah, we all feel bad for the Boston bombing victims.

Well yesterday I was grateful for those kind of updates because my sister and her husband live in Watertown Ma,were visited by swat teams three times yesterday,were on lockdown for 22 hours and couldn't use their cell phones to communicate with us.

However,I very seldom use my facebook any more because this site is much more useful to me.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    If that sort of thing bothers you, maybe deactivate your account. What WOULD you like to see on your FB newsfeed?
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options

You probably are ... maybe you should just get off of Facebook? Or remove the people that you dislike?

I like facebook ... I like to keep in touch with family members and friends. It's so convenient. I also like to keep up to date with all the parties going on. Facebook even has a nice calendar for me to organize my weekends :p hahah. Awesome!
  • leejusd
    leejusd Posts: 81
    Options
    I use FB to annoy people with my painfully cute daughter. The only reason my dad has FB is to keep current on pics of his grand-daughters.
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I move all over the place, so Facebook is my way of keeping in touch with people I never see, and people beg me to take tons of pictures of wherever I am, so I do, and post them on there. If I'm not traveling, I rarely go on there. Right now I just kinda go on once a day or so.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I deleted everyone on my Friends list back in January and I swear, it was the best thing I ever did. I knew that simply "Deactivating" my account would lead to me reactivating it three days later, but deleting everyone means that now I'm too lazy to go and add everyone back :laugh:

I was twitchy the first couple days, but now I love not needing to check it or to share dumb **** about my life that no one cares about on it. I have to get back on it for my job next month and I'm actually kind of dreading it!
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    This isn't Facebook 2.0?
  • Sharkington
    Sharkington Posts: 485
    Options
    Pssh, I post pictures of the food I cook all the time because it's pretty fantastic and impressive.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    This is why I quit FB. :P
  • toni_myers0915
    toni_myers0915 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The only reason i have FB is to keep in touch with my family overseas, and to perfect my Duck Face.

OMG I thought i was the only one!!! i almost have my duck face down pat!! lmao:laugh:laugh: :laugh:
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    there's enough GOOD info to not deactivate....just have to block the friends that update with useless info.