pet peeve...

Options

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I don't usually jump in on these threads....but my biggest pet peeve right now is seeing all the stupid hCG threads going on. Agh, when will people learn that there is no magic pill/drink/diet/food/hormone that will make them lose the weight that took them years to put on.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I don't usually jump in on these threads....but my biggest pet peeve right now is seeing all the stupid hCG threads going on. Agh, when will people learn that there is no magic pill/drink/diet/food/hormone that will make them lose the weight that took them years to put on.
    OMG! That is so exactly what I was going to post, seeing the hcg threads all over the boards. I've never posted on this thread but decided it had finally gotten to me. ack, have we now spread the hcg virus here too?!:laugh: :laugh: :sad:
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    This just may take the cake for me...

Public womens' restrooms that DON'T have hooks on the doors.
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    This just may take the cake for me...

Public womens' restrooms that DON'T have hooks on the doors.

Is that stall #2?? :laugh: :laugh:

Just as bad are women's restroom stall doors that don't shut and/or don't lock :explode:
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    Ok, I have a lot of pet peeves, most of them I can get over pretty quickly, but I have a few from this weekend.
    1. When you are spending the weekend at someone's house and you bring a friend without asking.
    2. When you are going to buy beer and the guests insist on you buying expensive beer because he doesn't like to drink the cheaper beer you were planning on buying.
    3. When invited guest and friend leave randomly in the middle of the night, without a set of keys. So they call the intercom to be let back in, when you finally get up and let them in via intercom, you go to unlock unit door and find that they left it UNLOCKED while you and your husband were sleeping.
    4. When that friend sleeps all day on your couch and you can't get anything done.
    5. When that friend CLOGS your bathroom sink and says nothing to you about it.
    6. When the actual invited guest blows up (you know what I mean) the master bath toilet instead of the guest toilet right before he leaves for the weekend.
    7. When the invited guest and friend have stayed with you several times in the past and you NEVER, EVER receive a thank you from either one of them for anything.

That makes me feel a little better. The invited guest and his friend are not invited back until they can learn some freakin' manners.
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    Ok, I have a lot of pet peeves, most of them I can get over pretty quickly, but I have a few from this weekend.
    1. When you are spending the weekend at someone's house and you bring a friend without asking.
    2. When you are going to buy beer and the guests insist on you buying expensive beer because he doesn't like to drink the cheaper beer you were planning on buying.
    3. When invited guest and friend leave randomly in the middle of the night, without a set of keys. So they call the intercom to be let back in, when you finally get up and let them in via intercom, you go to unlock unit door and find that they left it UNLOCKED while you and your husband were sleeping.
    4. When that friend sleeps all day on your couch and you can't get anything done.
    6. When the actual invited guest blows up (you know what I mean) the master bath toilet instead of the guest toilet right before he leaves for the weekend.
    7. When the invited guest and friend have stayed with you several times in the past and you NEVER, EVER receive a thank you from either one of them for anything.

That makes me feel a little better. The invited guest and his friend are not invited back until they can learn some freakin' manners.

I forgot one, when you show the invited guest a picture of all the hair you snaked out of the drain and he replies, "Yeah, he's really gross. That's why I'm not living with him this year." Then why did you bring him to my house?!?!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options

I forgot one, when you show the invited guest a picture of all the hair you snaked out of the drain and he replies, "Yeah, he's really gross. That's why I'm not living with him this year." Then why did you bring him to my house?!?!

I am not a smart man but I know how to tell somebody to hit the frakin' road. I would have been right after #2. (The beer, not THE #2)!
  • lauraparkerrr
    lauraparkerrr Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Rude customers. I work in a supermarket and there is no need for people to be rude, I have to sit there all day smiling and being nice to people, taking 2 minutes to give a little back isn't hard.

I had a customer today who was particularly rude to me because I couldn't give her cash back as i'd only just jumped on the till (we had a power surge and everything was chaotic) and there wasn't enough cash in it. She continued to moan about how she only came in to get it while paying for the stuff she clearly didn't want and stood there while a massive queue formed. I really wanted to be rude back but professionalism and the fact i need to keep my job stopped me from doing it.

Rant over :)
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    One of my few is SMACKING.....I hate to hear or see someone eating so uncontrollably to where they are making very loud slurping and smacking noise....Its like slow down, close your mouth, BREATHE!!!!!
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    One of my few is SMACKING.....I hate to hear or see someone eating so uncontrollably to where they are making very loud slurping and smacking noise....Its like slow down, close your mouth, BREATHE!!!!!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    Looking up information on a (large) company's website - it clearly details out specifics and fees associated with service/product.

You CALL the company and are told "oh the website must be wrong"... so you call BACK (me thinking I got a noob on the phone)... and different person says "I don't know why our website says all that, it's wrong".

Yeah you will not be getting MY business. :explode: :mad:
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    Since I'm trying to eat healthy my biggest pet peeve is when people say 'Ewwww what is THAT you're eating!?'

Also annoying - when I dilligently plan out every piece of food going into my mouth for the day and someone asks me to share. Come ON, I'm on a diet! I don't want to share my food with you, but saying no sounds awful. :(
  • fabmst
    fabmst Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If your receipt says 30 days with tags attached and unworn then why do you yell at me??? I just work here. I did not make the policy.
  • buggaboo73
    buggaboo73 Posts: 169
    Options

Also annoying - when I dilligently plan out every piece of food going into my mouth for the day and someone asks me to share. Come ON, I'm on a diet! I don't want to share my food with you, but saying no sounds awful. :(

This is mine, big time.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options
    A coworker who asks for help with her phone because she can't keep up, but then is making personal calls in between the work calls. And I have to answer her phone because she is on yet another personal call... Grrr......

And not being able to complain about it because I too am guilty of making a personal call from time to time, but I would never do it when I couldn't keep up with my own work load.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Options

This is mine, big time.

I laughed so hard reading this. I'm the same way. My boyfriend wants whatever I bring into the living room to snack on. Honey, I counted out 20 pretzels and that is what I'm logging, not 18. Go get your own!
  • Naokoheart
    Naokoheart Posts: 161
    Options
    When you tell someone you are trying to lose weight/you have a goal/a new mindset
    and they lash out at you and either say: " You are crazy"
    " You are going to waste away "
    && the best one of all with the worried face " I'm afraid there is going to be nothing left of you"
    when clearly they feel threatened by the fact you are going to get slim....

I had to get that off of my chest.
  • maddox22
    maddox22 Posts: 91
    Options
    I'll probably sound like a curmudgeon, but...

--Spelling/grammar/punctuation errors in business-related communications. I work for an EDITING company. It's so unprofessional when folks in the building misuse commas or misspell things!
    --Inconsiderate drivers. This includes people who don't use turn signals, people who drive below or way above the speed limit, people who try to "anticipate" the green light so they can get to the next one 0.5 seconds faster, people who don't know how to park (seriously, folks: an SUV is NOT a compact car, and if you can't park a big car, don't drive one!)...the list goes on.
    --Parents who make no effort to discipline or comfort their screaming children in public. Fine, I understand, sometimes a kid gets cranky. But if you're in public, you sure as heck better be making every effort to get that kid to shut up--not chatting to a friend on your cell phone while everyone else gets a headache listening to your brat scream!
    --Tissues, paper towels, food packaging, large amounts of leftover food, etc., in the sink with the dirty dishes.
    --People who let their dogs run around the neighborhood off a leash. Especially in the areas where we (and everyone else) walk our dogs.
    --Commercials and ads. I can't stand them. Not on TV, not on the radio, not online.
    --People who text, talk, etc., on their cell phones while driving or on an outing or interacting with someone else. Is it too much to ask for your undivided attention for the 30 minutes we're eating dinner, or the 2 minutes you're checking out your groceries? Is there really something THAT important that it can't wait?
    [edit: added]--JARGON. I loathe it with a passion. If you want me to figure out where I'm wasting time, say that. Don't tell me you want me to "identify arenas where I can add efficiencies to my workflow."

In general, inconsiderate behavior in any context really gets my goat. Whatever happened to the golden rule?
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Screaming brats+idiot parents = my day ruined.

The BF using every pot, pan and utensil in the house to cook a small meal. I do the dishes.

Clients at work that refuse to listen to what I'm saying and instead, hear what they wanna hear:
    Me: That'll be $385
    Them: WHAT?! Why is it so much??
    Me: Well you got the (list of vet services).
    Them: I never okayed any of that.
    Me: *Takes out signed estimate* Well... you signed and okayed all of these procedures.
    Them: .... *annoyed sigh as if I forged their name, then shoved credit card at me* Whatever. Man, (to the lobby of people), they get you comin' and they get you goin'.
    Me: *sigh/fake smile* Thanks, buhbye!
    Me at home: *sound of bong gurgling*
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Me at home: *sound of bong gurgling*

I loved that sound - :heart: :drinker: