people can be so mean :(

Options

Replies

• KimmyBee
    KimmyBee Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say but with my temper I probably would have picked up a stone or something and thrown it at the car. They can see how a fat girl throws then.

That is totally me XD

But people can be total assclowns. I put off going to the gym or going jogging for months because I was worried about comments like that! Ive FINALLY managed to get the nads to be able to start the C25K on he cycle track near my home. but every time anyone looks my way or comes near I automatically go into "walk and try to look like its not killing me" mode. I don man to, it just happens. Old insecurities don't like to be beaten, im afraid!
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    first off...what a jerk!!! youre just fine in my opinion!!

second off, from the mouth of my husband "if i was single, id do her!" =-) Take that as a MAJOR compliment because hes REALLY picky and doesnt like ANYBODY besides me!
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    What that guy did was mean. Really mean. I try to remind myself (and my kids) that people who resort to such behavior are probably pretty miserable already, so I don't think pepper spray or a taser would accomplish anything.
    It would. I'd feel much better after doing it.:laugh: lol I know what your saying though.
  • sassyg
    sassyg Posts: 393
    Options
    Oh my goodness, what a wanker! I can't beleive someone would do that!
    I'm a bit tubby, and go out jogging all the time, and i bike... People I pass I only get a general smile from, etc. Never had anything like that happen : ( How awful.

Good on you for carrying on though! At least you're out there doing something abut it, hey. You could be on your *kitten* eating chips in front of the TV, but you're not!
  • DJH510
    DJH510 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    lol the really stupid thing is that you aren't even big looking. Rather, you're pretty tidy! So as well as being unnecessary, that twats comment wasn't even factually accurate lol.
  • melissa987
    melissa987 Posts: 4
    Options
    That sucks...what a total D.B. You are such a beautiful girl, what a jerk. Sorry that happened to you. Don't let it bring you down. You have been doing awesome on this hard weight loss journey!!
  • mhannan13
    mhannan13 Posts: 53
    Options
    My cousin was overweight when she was younger and this boy TORMENTED her all through middle school and into high school. She's out of college now lost a ton of weight and genuinely looks like a movie star, like, she's a knock-out. So one night we were all out at this bar and a dude sends over a drink and starts hitting on her...actually, it was more like desperately throwing himself at her. Well, he leaves to go talk to his buddies and my other cousin recognizes him as the little jerk from high school and when he came back over with his friend we were a seat short. He motions over to the table RIGHT NEXT TO US where a bigger girl was sitting, and said "I'd ask them for a stool, but it looks like she needs two or three." My hot cousin threw her drink in his face! It was the ultimate revenge and he stood there- wet, embarrassed, rejected and stupid as ever.
    Don't worry. What goes around comes around and you look awesome.
    :)
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    :angry: This made my mouth fall open and my eyes got watery mad! What a douche hole!!!!!!!!!! Think how sucky his life must be for him to yell out the window at someone to make himself feel better :mad:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I don't understand people like that either. I am so glad that you had MFP to turn to!!

I looked at your pics and you are so beautiful. That dude didn't even see you! He was just being obnoxious!

D
  • GreenieBean
    GreenieBean Posts: 64
    Options
    Aww you all are so nice :) I'm so happy I have all of you to put a smile on my face :D
  • zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Saturday night I went out to a club with a friend of mine and while we were dancing, I noticed another guy making fun of the way my friend was dancing. The place was quite crowded, but I saw him point to my friend, the imitate the way he was dancing, then tell two of his friends who both laughed and did a bit of an imitation as well. I can tell you, it made me FURIOUS. Like, beyond furious. We're all in our 20s, which means we're all fully grown adults. I honestly haven't seen any one act like that since middle school. I was so mad.

But then I remember how my mom used to tell me, "Other people can do whatever they want. You can't control them. You can only control what you do and how you react to something." And honestly, she's right. So I didn't let it ruin my night. Anyone of that age who makes fun of another person obviously has issues with himself, and that's the truth. People happy and content with themselves, in control of their own lives, do not make fun of people and do not insult strangers from moving cars. There's something about themselves they don't like or are insecure with.

I know my experience wasn't the same as your experience, and you were probably hurting a lot more, but everyone here is right. That guy is a loser. And clearly unhappy with himself in some way. His words and actions don't have any power unless you give them power, so don't.
  • SandyBeach55
    Options
    Imagine this guy is so full of himself he thinks you might actually CARE about what he thinks. lol.. I mean really!..who is he? no one. what will he ever be to you? nothing? when will you ever care about him? never. so a nobody, who is meaningless, said something of no importance. hmmm... it was the same as if the wind picked up over the compost heap and you got a bad whiff...but you don't take the foulness from the compost heap personally, why let some foul air from this human dump hurt your feelings? he's nothing. his opinion is meaningless. scrap his worthless opinion off the bottom of your workout shoe and continue to enjoy life and your personal success.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,719 Member
    Options
    Saturday night I went out to a club with a friend of mine and while we were dancing, I noticed another guy making fun of the way my friend was dancing. The place was quite crowded, but I saw him point to my friend, the imitate the way he was dancing, then tell two of his friends who both laughed and did a bit of an imitation as well. I can tell you, it made me FURIOUS. Like, beyond furious. We're all in our 20s, which means we're all fully grown adults. I honestly haven't seen any one act like that since middle school. I was so mad.

But then I remember how my mom used to tell me, "Other people can do whatever they want. You can't control them. You can only control what you do and how you react to something." And honestly, she's right. So I didn't let it ruin my night. Anyone of that age who makes fun of another person obviously has issues with himself, and that's the truth. People happy and content with themselves, in control of their own lives, do not make fun of people and do not insult strangers from moving cars. There's something about themselves they don't like or are insecure with.

I know my experience wasn't the same as your experience, and you were probably hurting a lot more, but everyone here is right. That guy is a loser. And clearly unhappy with himself in some way. His words and actions don't have any power unless you give them power, so don't.
    You said this so beautifully, using the words I wish I'd used. Thank you. Your mama is smart, and so is her kid. :wink:
  • Dara80
    Dara80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What that guy did was mean. Really mean. I try to remind myself (and my kids) that people who resort to such behavior are probably pretty miserable already, so I don't think pepper spray or a taser would accomplish anything.

I don't know...if you get him in the right spot, he's either going to be sterile or at bare minimum, remember the day he lost his mind and called a lady fat...=-)
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Yep, people can be mean. I had the same thing that happened to me, while running at a track at a highschool. Don't let that douche bag get you down. You are better than him and he will get his some day! You keep doing it and running! We will show them!:flowerforyou:
  • dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    Options
    You're doing what you do for you, not him.

From a guy's standpoint he's probably the kind of rude obnoxious person that isn't worth a second of your time in a bar, club, on the street or whatever. Ignore, move on, you never know one day you might meet him on the street and he'll have a different tack.... Then you can step all over him.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I am so sorry that happened to you. *BIG HUG*. I am so proud of you for not letting that stop you from running. I ran a 5 K the other day and there were people of all different sizes and ages. I think running is great exercise and anyone can do it when they set their mind to it. Never let a jerk stop you from your goal.
  • myousif3
    myousif3 Posts: 1
    Options
    thats so rude! its great it didnt stop you from running. you keep going to your goal because you will accomplish it!!

have a great day
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options

I don't know...if you get him in the right spot, he's either going to be sterile or at bare minimum, remember the day he lost his mind and called a lady fat...=-)
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • sweetbn
    sweetbn Posts: 318
    Options
    You have a million comments on here.. but my two sense:

Screw him you are HOT! Keep running to keep off your 12 pounds then some!!!

I see skinny people running all the time... and I pass them even though I am overweight! THATS what makes me feel good.

And like everyone else says, you can lose the weight; he can't lose his stupidity! :)