people can be so mean :(

Options
1235»

Replies

• rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    So I was out for my usual run and I'm more than half way done when this car drives by and this guy sticks his head out the passenger side and screams, "Hey baby!! Ha just kidding, YOU'RE FAT!!" and kept driving like little cowards. I seriously couldn't believe someone would do that. It was so hurtful. I know I shouldn't let it get to me but it just really struck a nerve. I began crying as I was running but I kept going and didn't stop. I didn't want him to stop me from having a good workout. The funny part of this story is that after I started crying and thinking of how much that hurt my feelings, I thought to myself...I can't wait to get on MFP and tell everyone ha. Anywho...I'm going to try and forget about it for now and just remember he doesn't know me or my situation and he is a big fat D-bag.

uh WHAT?! Why are people like that? I'm glad you were able to move past it. To me, people who say nasty things are really just unhappy with themselves. Man alive that was mean! I'm all fired up just thinking about it! :explode:
    I had similar instances in high school and even up til recently so it makes me really angry for you. I hope that you are having a much better day full of tons of compliments! :bigsmile:
  • bridget1103
    bridget1103 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    That's terrible! I remember a comment at the gym once-that had me so upset. Just remember to stay positive and you are beautiful! Keep running-don't let this scum hurt your progress.
  • gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    Options
    I think you look great! Keep your chin up gorgeousness! ;o)
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    LOL. Next time, get his license plate number and post it up for us to, ah, NOT act on. :)
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I don't know him, but I can honestly say, I hate that little dweeb. I had the same thing happen to me last fall, and I did the same thing...kept on going, cried after I got to the safety of my car, and then came on here, vented, and felt a little better. How dare anyone think they have the right to do something like that, eh?
  • Paul76
    Paul76 Posts: 158
    Options
    There are two kinds of people in this world - those whose opinions you care about and those you don't. I believe the "d-bag" in the car falls into the former category.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I've noticed people like that have bigger problems than the diahriea coming out their mouths.

The only thing you can control is yourself, and while you were upset you did the right thing by continuing your run.

To those that are afraid to run or walk outside....do what you NEED to do to reach your fitness goals. To hell what the nieghbors may or may NOT think, from experience most of them won't even notice you are there. Which could be a problem if they're driving. By not going on your walks or runs you're letting them get over on you.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Its a simple concept...hes a douche bag
  • Crunchytxmama
    Crunchytxmama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Well, then I guess it's a good thing you were working out then, huh?! Sheesh, what a *kitten*!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    For next time, remember: small d!ck jokes are always a soft spot. Get it, SOFT spot. Sorry. :laugh: