A Woman Needs To Feel Desired

Options
Tennolina
Tennolina Posts: 2,413
Read this online tonight. I think it's one of the truest, most well written things I've read. I'm certain that some will disagree, but it summed me up pretty well.

'A woman who feels desired is many things:
She is less likely to reach frustration with
you
or the children
or the cat
or the dog.
She is more likely to feel like an important part of
your life
and the home you share
and the children you created together.
She is more likely to look at her own body
and instead of feeling disgust at the way it has changed
since bringing your children into the world,
she is more likely to remember the feel of
your hands on her hips
or trailing down her spine
or the way that you pull her in
and fit her perfectly into the spaces of your own form.
A woman who feels desired
is so much easier to sit across the table from
as she is less likely to be judging
her own skin
her own curves
her own worth
her place in the bed that you share.
She is more likely to care for the body she has been given,
feed it good, whole foods
put it to frequent use in the garden
enjoy the pull of muscle
and increasing strength
as she carries ever-growing children
and becomes more confident with household repairs.
A woman who feels desired will rear children
who see their bodies as perfect works of art
that should be celebrated
respected
and capable of love.

It takes very little to make a woman feel desired.
It does not require
expensive jewelery
exotic flowers
pages of poems
romantic dates
or even dramatic words.
You can tell a woman you desire her
with nothing more than a look
a simple touch
a well placed word
and by listening to what she's saying
and then responding appropriately.

Without those simple things
even a strong woman may start to feel
less.
And less leads to
depression
self loathing
anger
frustration
bad parenting
and a marriage
that may not last the next five years.

So when your wife or girlfriend asks you,
"Do you find me sexy?"
the answer should never be
a long pause
followed by a apologetic
"I just love you."

Lie to me
if you have to,
but tell me "yes"
and then watch
as my confidence continues
to bloom
and my heart stays open
even when the world
is throwing us curve balls.
Because sometimes,
a woman needs to know she is desired
or she'll start to believe
it is no longer true."

Replies

• RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    A nice post my friend. :flowerforyou:
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Like :)
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    :D this is nice.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options
    Beautiful. :heart:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'll say the truth instead.
  • Tennolina
    Options
    Beautiful. :heart:

:smile:
  • reallifealien
    reallifealien Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i disagree with this sexist piece of crap. i have no desire to feel desired. i want certain people to hate me. thank u
  • Tennolina
    Options
    i disagree with this sexist piece of crap. i have no desire to feel desired. i want certain people to hate me. thank u

Because your 19 years old, I will overlook your surly, nasty attitude. I will also say that clearly this is written for married mothers. You are very welcome sunshine.:)
  • reallifealien
    Options

Because your 19 years old, I will overlook your surly, nasty attitude. I will also say that clearly this is written for married mothers. You are very welcome sunshine.:)

age discrimination, nice. u could've at least responded to what i was actually saying in my post instead of writing it off as 'nasty'. any educated feminist can see how sexist this poem is. & i don't need ur patronising attitude boo :)
  • Tennolina
    Options

age discrimination, nice. u could've at least responded to what i was actually saying in my post instead of writing it off as 'nasty'. any educated feminist can see how sexist this poem is. & i don't need ur patronising attitude boo :)

Lol.
  • reallifealien
    Options

Lol.

4 real
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
  • Tennolina
    Options

Have a beautiful day, my friend!
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options

While it is true a woman should not place their self image in the hands of the world, when a woman is married and has carried his children and let her husband become her center as he has let her become his, she desires rto be desired by him in the same way she desires him. As our bodies change bringing children into the world it becomes difficult to see yourself as anything more than mom. Tis is reminding our husbands that as it is our job to nurture out children as well as our husbands feelings it is his job to do the same. Marriage is a partnership of mutual support.

I assume that the people you want to hate you are not the people you would choose to be your husband so your comment is irrelevant to this post.
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP. A woman should feel desired. I've been to that school of hard knocks and I can honestly say;

Lesson learned!!
  • Tennolina
    Options

While it is true a woman should not place their self image in the hands of the world, when a woman is married and has carried his children and let her husband become her center as he has let her become his, she desires rto be desired by him in the same way she desires him. As our bodies change bringing children into the world it becomes difficult to see yourself as anything more than mom. Tis is reminding our husbands that as it is our job to nurture out children as well as our husbands feelings it is his job to do the same. Marriage is a partnership of mutual support.

I assume that the people you want to hate you are not the people you would choose to be your husband so your comment is irrelevant to this post.

Well said! :)
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    I don't like the implications that a woman needs some sort of approval from a man in order to be happy.

But I do think that a lot of people (not just women) thrive on approval or "desire", I guess, from other people in order to feel good about themselves. At least, I know I do. So yeah, while this might be slightly true, it's presented in a way that is kiiiiiind of sexist.

tumblr_m7yf6tMoGf1qcq7id.gif
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I've been married a long time, almost 30 years. There is no one secret to a long lasting relationship, but I do believe there is truth in this poem/writiing. My husband and I are partners. We work hard together to keep the house in good repair, get the bills paid, take care of our son (who's almost out the nest), take care of our friends/family, etc. He's my friend/buddy to go out shopping & eating, vacation with, play with. But what makes it really special is the intimacy we share, emotional and physical. We care about each others feelings, and find each other beautiful physically. Yeah, I have a few grays and wrinkles, and he has less hair & a little paunch. :laugh: But he makes feel like the most cherished, loved, valued and yes, desirable woman in the world.. I think (hope) I do the same for him. When he wants to get frisky, he says in a very sexy voice "Hubba hubba" :wink: I just sent him an e-mail an hour ago with the simple message "I love you, have a great day. Hubba hubba. " Sounds hokey or corny, but I don't care.

Sexist writing? I don't know. But if I didn't think my husband loved me and found me desirable, then I may think "why bother being married?" I totally believe people can be happy & complete without marriage. I have an older sister who has never married and is completely content. I get it. But if I am going to be married, I want the whole deal.
  • Penny_Lane_
    Penny_Lane_ Posts: 163
    Options
    What?! LOL

Oh brother.
  • ExploreLoveRide
    Options
    I don't like the implications that a woman needs some sort of approval from a man in order to be happy.

But I do think that a lot of people (not just women) thrive on approval or "desire", I guess, from other people in order to feel good about themselves. At least, I know I do. So yeah, while this might be slightly true, it's presented in a way that is kiiiiiind of sexist.

tumblr_m7yf6tMoGf1qcq7id.gif

^Exactly. :)