How does your body react to unhealthy food?

Options

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,928 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you're right. People should just avoid being born in the wrong location, wrong skin color, and wrong economic status.

But also maybe, just maybe, we need to start treating substances proven to be harmful and addictive when combined together as if they are harmful and addictive when combined together. Tons of money goes into researching how to get people addicted for profit, but we invest nothing or next to nothing trying to combat it for the purpose of limiting collective risk.

I got fat purely because of my own unwillingness to put in the effort to take care of myself, but it wouldn't be fair of me to assume that it's the case for everyone. I'm extremely grateful that when I did decide to make a change, there was nothing standing in my way but my own inertia.
    Are you saying everyone that are/have wrong location, skin color and econ status are all fat because they are addicted to some form of foods that is indigenous to them only. I don't think addictive means what you think it means.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Lately bubbleguts...
  • Keris007
    Keris007 Posts: 6
    Options
    I eat clean but when I eat foods with high sugar or fat in, I feel under the weather, my tummy feels bloated and I get migranes. I notice the difference when I only eat natural foods, it makes me feel alive!
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you're right. People should just avoid being born in the wrong location, wrong skin color, and wrong economic status.

But also maybe, just maybe, we need to start treating substances proven to be harmful and addictive when combined together as if they are harmful and addictive when combined together. Tons of money goes into researching how to get people addicted for profit, but we invest nothing or next to nothing trying to combat it for the purpose of limiting collective risk.

I got fat purely because of my own unwillingness to put in the effort to take care of myself, but it wouldn't be fair of me to assume that it's the case for everyone. I'm extremely grateful that when I did decide to make a change, there was nothing standing in my way but my own inertia.
    Are you saying everyone that are/have wrong location, skin color and econ status are all fat because they are addicted to some form of foods that is indigenous to them only. I don't think addictive means what you think it means.

No, I'm not. Are you saying there is absolutely nothing valid in any observations made in research on population groups, geography, socioeconomic status, and obesity?
  • neanderthin
    Options

No, I'm not. Are you saying there is absolutely nothing valid in any observations made in research on population groups, geography, socioeconomic status, and obesity?
    We can draw infinite correlations to any risk-raising factor in pretty much any situation. Obesity is as much psychological as it is physiological.
  • confetti_blind
    confetti_blind Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i eat a low fat, low sugar diet. but if I break it nd gulp down some icecream or cookies or cake, then the food goes straight through me. i will be in the bathroom for ages. nd then i will get a headache nd my torso will feel really bruised nd sore. like my ribs will ache like theyve been kicked. nd my heart will feel like it is racing, like palpitations. i will feel dizzy nd faint too.

i guess my body isnt used to fat or sugar dense foods anymore :(
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Happily. I love junk food!
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options

We can draw infinite correlations to any risk-raising factor in pretty much any situation. Obesity is as much psychological as it is physiological.

I'm still waiting for you to contradict what I pointed out.

I don't recognize the mind/body dichotomy, which is just a habitual extension of believing in a physical self and a spiritual self, and has no basis in science. Your brain exists here and now, in the material world.

The world is not black and white, and solving problems is sometimes individual, sometimes social, sometimes a mixture of both. Not recognizing a difference between your vast resources and the resources of others though, is not reasonable.
  • jaf320
    jaf320 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    As is apparent from my diary, I definitely don't eat 100% "clean" (whatever that really means) 100% of the time but I've been a lot better about portion sizes, eat a decent amount of fruit/veggies at least most of the time, etc. I've noticed that if I do go totally crazy with junk food I tend to feel soooo sleepy (even more than previously) generally more bloated than before I started using MFP. Definitely notice too if I've eaten something high in salt - especially if I've done it without drinking a lot of water, I am PARCHED.
  • seths_milf
    seths_milf Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Same problem with me, I mostly cut out any kind of junk food but when I give in occasionally I feel sick. Over the weekend I had 2 cupcakes at a baby shower and was sick all that night. I don't get it!
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    OMG this is soooo apt, I really comment on posts but I had to on this one... I have a healthy but not obsessive diet and am maintaining an 8 stones weight loss for 5 years now!!

Yesterday was my son's 10th birthday and I decided at his party to indulge in crisps, snacks, choccy cake and the works... I didn't by any means binge but I ate a good 1500 cals of 'crap' and drank a fair bit of fizz!!

Last night I was violently sick all night and now I feel dreadful sore, achy and cramping!! I cannot believe my body reacted so violently.

I didn't have a hangover at all only 3 glasses of fizz, it was just the food that did it... Makes me realise what an effect what we feed ourselves has on us...

I'm not saying I'll never do it again because I am realistic and know that these things happen but at least I know what I'll be in for...
  • RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    my body reacts pretty quickly to foods I shouldn't be eating as well. I'll get very nauseous, painful cramps (like razor blades if I eat gluten), headaches, body aches to various offending foods.
  • arkenea
    arkenea Posts: 3
    Options
    test reply
  • neanderthin
    Options

I'm still waiting for you to contradict what I pointed out.

I don't recognize the mind/body dichotomy, which is just a habitual extension of believing in a physical self and a spiritual self, and has no basis in science. Your brain exists here and now, in the material world.

The world is not black and white, and solving problems is sometimes individual, sometimes social, sometimes a mixture of both. Not recognizing a difference between your vast resources and the resources of others though, is not reasonable.
    We're on the same page.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Same problem with me, I mostly cut out any kind of junk food but when I give in occasionally I feel sick. Over the weekend I had 2 cupcakes at a baby shower and was sick all that night. I don't get it!

so the cupcakes were the only food that you consumed for the entire day?
  • LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'd like to ban junk food in Australia as we are starting to go the way of America where obesity is the norm.
    junk food is not the cause of obesity.
    It is lack of education and control.

People seem to blame others for their problems rather themselves

Bro, if you've never lived in a food dessert, you just don't know what you are talking about. Yes, if you have healthy options and you don't take them, it comes down to self control and education. But if you don't have options it comes down to what is possible.

This is an interesting documentary and to be honest some of the information shocked me. I mean, an entire suburb without a supermarket?????
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MJnm5X9NN0
  • Ipalavra
    Ipalavra Posts: 32
    Options
    For me it's mostly mental. But if I have something bad that's not very solid, like a lot of ice cream, but body will almost immediately start regurgitating it. Especially if it's after a meal. It just straight rejects it.
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    When I eat a big stodgy meal I get the worst stomach ache, get so bloated and uncomfortable. When I eat too much sugar it affects my sleep and can give me a headache. Something I noticed recently is getting leg cramp in the middle of the night when I've been eating badly. It's weird - I never get it when I'm being healthy.
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    It makes me tired or sometimes I breakout in spots.
  • maca416
    maca416 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I just feel sluggish & moody if I eat unhealthy the day before & as another poster said, I think I felt like that all the time I was eating bad & was alot bigger but just got used to it, my body is more sensitive to what I eat now days which I see as a good thing.