9 1/2 months and 100 pounds gone!

Options

Replies

• ldawkins123
    Options
    Amazing..Im so proud of you ..your story is an encouragement to me ..It lets me know that nothing is impossible ..If you can do it, so can I ..thanks for sharing
  • Maris_Swan
    Maris_Swan Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Whoa! amazing and inspiring :)
  • ledonna1979
    ledonna1979 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Amazing story! Very inspiring.
  • XXbrendaXX
    XXbrendaXX Posts: 169
    Options
    Congrats! Amazing progress!! You look great!! :flowerforyou:
  • rciszek
    rciszek Posts: 134
    Options
    You are soooo amazing, you made me cry because I felt everything that you were....I still am. I am going to request you to be my friend, I need to have someone like you as my friend. I too ironically just posted a note on how I started out when I totally realized that I was humongous (though I hid some of my weight well) at 296.....You inspire me so much!
  • skinnyforcruise2013
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting!

There are days that I'd like to give up but darnit, if you didn't give up then I won't either!!!

I've only got 38 more to go and I KNOW I can do this!:flowerforyou:
  • Maracuya77
    Options
    You look great. Just please never put all your worth as a person on your weight. You mentioned something about your 'fake smile' when you were a size 24W. I am sure that at that size, there were plenty of things to smile about as far as life, family, friends, and hobbies go. Please never devalue yourself or your life experiences and memories based on a number in the scale. Anyway, congratulations on the healthier version of the beautiful person you always were.
  • dharma73
    dharma73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Truly inspirational!
  • cobes24
    cobes24 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your story! You look lovely before AND after, but your smile is radiant in your after pics! Great job and you are such an inspiration!
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Rock star.
  • JLPaige
    JLPaige Posts: 194
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Congrats!
  • jenf235
    jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    You are soooo amazing, you made me cry because I felt everything that you were....I still am. I am going to request you to be my friend, I need to have someone like you as my friend. I too ironically just posted a note on how I started out when I totally realized that I was humongous (though I hid some of my weight well) at 296.....You inspire me so much!

My friends never had any idea of how much I weighed when I started. They loved me for who I was, which is great, but also a curse because it made me feel comfortable enough to hide my shame. I, too, hid my weight well. I wore heels everyday, dress clothes and jackets that hid many of the imperfections. I know I will always have those imperfections, but now they are MINE! I now own the body that I live in. I feel like one of those Russian nesting dolls that has a smaller version hidden inside the bigger one. As I shed the weight, a newer, smaller version begins to emerge. A happier, more confident woman is being transformed from a weak, scared girl! Good luck on your weightloss!!!
  • jenf235
    Options
    Thank you! I have gone through so many difficult times in my life, and those times, as hard as they were, were probably my healthiest times. I have also had a wonderful life with friends and family who made me feel beautiful even when I didn't see it in myself. I guess the shame I felt at that size is more of a shame that I now see as an after thought. Until last year, I knew I was huge, but that's not who I saw in the mirror. The scale aggravates me at times, but now I kind of see it as a guide to see how different foods effect my body at different times. It is more of a game and an experiment! Yes, I still get down at times, but that is the best part of MFP...my friends on here always put me in a better frame of mind and keep me moving! They are my health family, and I feel like I can bare my soul to all of you in this part of my life. I have shared this story with you, while most of my friends and family know nothing of the reasons I began this journey. I am thinking about sharing this with my sister who has always been the very thin, athletic one of the family, so that she can see exactly why I am doing what I am doing!
  • campbs01
    campbs01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story. It really hits home, I just saw that girl in a photo that was taken this weekend. I didn't like what I saw, not one bit. I have just started working out the last couple of weeks, and today just started reducing the alcohol and given up the soda. Yesterday was a bad day for me, I have been eating better and working out for over 2 weeks and have gained 2 pounds. I know part of that was my food intake. I am going to keep a better eye on that, and continue to work out. But I am truly inspired by you, and can't wait to post my story at 100 pounds!!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    You look Amazing.....Excellent work
  • willafan
    willafan Posts: 101
    Options
    You are AMAZING!!!!! What an incredible accomplishment and what a great smile!
  • jenf235
    Options
    Thank you for your story. It really hits home, I just saw that girl in a photo that was taken this weekend. I didn't like what I saw, not one bit. I have just started working out the last couple of weeks, and today just started reducing the alcohol and given up the soda. Yesterday was a bad day for me, I have been eating better and working out for over 2 weeks and have gained 2 pounds. I know part of that was my food intake. I am going to keep a better eye on that, and continue to work out. But I am truly inspired by you, and can't wait to post my story at 100 pounds!!

And I can't wait to read your story at 100 pounds!!!!
  • Beba_Diva
    Beba_Diva Posts: 11
    Options
    This is where I am right now. I want to do good but am afraid to fail. But, I will keep going and fight for my health and the body I want. Thank you for inspiring me today!
  • taylorckt1
    taylorckt1 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Awesome story...amazing journey...congrats! Can't waitto get where you are!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Simply Amazing!!! You look beautiful in both pictures but more confident in the after one!!

Congratulations!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!