9 1/2 months and 100 pounds gone!

Options

Replies

• dawnyp72x
    dawnyp72x Posts: 10
    Options
    Wow what a wonderful story, you look fantastic! I only started on MFP a week ago and have a similar starting weight to yours. I also have the same problems with confidence and self esteem that you started out with, I was in tears just reading your post. What an inspiration you are, well done x
  • kareyn19
    kareyn19 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Amazing.. wonderful inspiring story!!!
  • JanieElise
    JanieElise Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow.. I am speechless. I am just so happy for you. I teared up thinking about a friend that needs to hear your story. I've tried to convey it but I will have to forward it to her. Thanks so much for this!
  • jenf235
    jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    This is where I am right now. I want to do good but am afraid to fail. But, I will keep going and fight for my health and the body I want. Thank you for inspiring me today!

Do not be afraid to fail!!! Every failure is a step that you are taking to get to your end goal...A failure proves that you have the desire to succeed. We all hit those pot holes that make us stumble, overcoming an obstacle makes you even stronger. One night I was trying to run (I'm not super good at that yet), and I stopped, hit a piece of uneven pavement and fell on my face! Literally! The old Jen would have called it quits and given up for the night. The new Jen picked herself back up, stopped at a friend's house for some bandaids, and walked another mile and a half! I was never as proud of a skinned knee as I was that night! The battle scars will keep you going! Don't be afraid to cry through the pain, just keep going through the tears! I'm with you on this journey...We'll do it together!!!
  • tmt2003
    tmt2003 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    This is where I am right now. I want to do good but am afraid to fail. But, I will keep going and fight for my health and the body I want. Thank you for inspiring me today!

I was the same way. I said to my husband, what if I fail?" and he said " then you will just try again" it was a light bulb moment for me.

Also I tell myself this all the time"

Everyday is another change to get it right!!

You can do it. The first step is always the hardest...
  • Mrc1974
    Mrc1974 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Many congratulations! thanks for sharing your journey it was very inspirational and I could relate to a lot of things. You have done an amazing job! All the best for your future!
  • tameekag
    tameekag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Congratulations! I hope you feel proud!
    Keep up the hard work and commitment.

Thank you for being courageous and generous enough to share your story!
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Your story is SO ENCOURAGING and you look AMAZING!! Great job!!
  • brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I AM TRULY PROUD OF YOU!!!!
  • loveswalking
    loveswalking Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Wow you look wonderful. Do you mind my asking how many calories did you eat. And did you eat your exercise calories back?
  • lulu3561
    lulu3561 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Way to go that is AMAZING.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your story. I have so much to lose and feel like I could never do it. Your story helps me see that it can be done and is worth the trip.
  • jenf235
    Options
    Wow you look wonderful. Do you mind my asking how many calories did you eat. And did you eat your exercise calories back?

I try to stay under 1450, and I sometimes eat my exercise calories back. I aim to burn 500 a day, most days I eat about 200 back.
  • jenf235
    Options
    Way to go that is AMAZING.

You are so close, too!!! Way to go!
  • optionalsourcewins
    optionalsourcewins Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fantastic!!! Congratulations!!!
  • jenf235
    Options
    Thank you for all of your support and kind words of encouragement. I was so afraid to post this story because I was embarrassed of where I had started. It wasn't until I saw the side by side picture that I felt like I had shed the shame and embarrassment. I now feel like a new woman who can stand proudly and say that I am strong, confident, happy, and determined!
  • MsTW3
    MsTW3 Posts: 1
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story because I can relate to what you went through. I'm so happy for you & your story have motivate me to go harder & stronger. Congrats on your journey!
  • kittyx2
    kittyx2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your story, you look wonderful! There are many of us here on MFP who need to see stories like yours each day, as we have the long journey ahead of us to shed 100 lbs.
  • womaniam
    womaniam Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thank you for encouranging me. Your story gave me the extra boost I needed. I am adding you as my friend one of these days someone will read my story.
  • minihorselover
    minihorselover Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic!!! thank you for sharing you story! it was very encouraging =]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!