5'4 Ladies who went from 190-145?

Replies

• tnqnt
    tnqnt Posts: 397 Member
    Bump
  • I'm almost there.. Last time I weighed in I was 168.8. Started at 203.

20530av.jpg

insjtt.jpg

2u6ibnq.jpg

Recent pictures just taken today

zlf76s.jpg

33dcw06.jpg

2ro70x2.jpg

Still have a long way to go but I'm doing it!

You're dong amazing! Very inspiring!
  • peaceissues
    peaceissues Posts: 77 Member
    I hear a lot of girls who are around 200 say they are aiming at 145 and I am not sure if that is really what they want or just what they think is possible. I started out at 218 so I set my original goal at 125 but I really only thought 140 ish was possible. I thought if I could just get to 140 that would be a miracle. 140 is an accomplishment by all standards but I just want to everyone to know there is a chance you may be able to do more. When I got to 140 I was thrilled with the accomplishment but not completely happy with the result yet. Have faith, just because you are over 200 doesn't mean you cannot reach the same goals as a girl who starts at 140. :happy:

tripleshot_zps65609bf6.jpg

That is awesome...rightnow im going for 135 but who knws maybe when i get there i'll keep going.
  • I'm 5'3 and 3/4 :) Starting weight was 192 and the weight in the pic on the right is about 142 ish...

BF.jpg

You look great!
  • I hear a lot of girls who are around 200 say they are aiming at 145 and I am not sure if that is really what they want or just what they think is possible. I started out at 218 so I set my original goal at 125 but I really only thought 140 ish was possible. I thought if I could just get to 140 that would be a miracle. 140 is an accomplishment by all standards but I just want to everyone to know there is a chance you may be able to do more. When I got to 140 I was thrilled with the accomplishment but not completely happy with the result yet. Have faith, just because you are over 200 doesn't mean you cannot reach the same goals as a girl who starts at 140. :happy:

You look amazing! My goal is 130 I'm 5'4 but its nice to feel like I can do more.
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    I hear a lot of girls who are around 200 say they are aiming at 145 and I am not sure if that is really what they want or just what they think is possible. I started out at 218 so I set my original goal at 125 but I really only thought 140 ish was possible. I thought if I could just get to 140 that would be a miracle. 140 is an accomplishment by all standards but I just want to everyone to know there is a chance you may be able to do more. When I got to 140 I was thrilled with the accomplishment but not completely happy with the result yet. Have faith, just because you are over 200 doesn't mean you cannot reach the same goals as a girl who starts at 140. :happy:

What an accomplishment! You look fabulous! And you are so right. I originally just wanted to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight of 160, but after seeing so many success stories on the forums, I realized I may be able to do more. I don't really have a goal right now, I'll just stop when I am happy with what I see. You are an inspiration!
  • Puggles04
    Puggles04 Posts: 37

145 is the high end, and after that, most people skip the scale and focus on strength training. People tend to go by body fat %, how clothes fit and measurement vs the number on the scale. It also depends on lean body mass(bones, muscle, tissue etc). For my body, 118 would be anorexic and I am 5'3". I want muscle, not skin and bones, so to be safe, I am aiming for 140-150, and then I will begin strength training. :)
  • You guys are such an inspiration!!

I just joined yesterday, I am 5'6 and weigh 250 pounds. My goal is 120-130 pounds. I figure once I hit 140-150 I will begin strength training. I have a long road ahead of me but I am 100% committed to this!!

Feel free to friend me, need the support!
  • WaxMama

145 is the high end, and after that, most people skip the scale and focus on strength training. People tend to go by body fat %, how clothes fit and measurement vs the number on the scale. It also depends on lean body mass(bones, muscle, tissue etc). For my body, 118 would be anorexic and I am 5'3". I want muscle, not skin and bones, so to be safe, I am aiming for 140-150, and then I will begin strength training. :)

You are so right about this! Everything slows down after a certain point and you can't focus on the scale any longer or it will drive you mental! I've really been focusing on toning and building endurance. I actually just raised my calories from about 1200 to over 1800 so I can start building more muscle and repairing my metabolism for maintenance. I think 140-150 is a great weight to shoot for, but triciab79 looks amazing and it's nice to know you can reach your goals no matter what they are!
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    I will be stalking this thread! I am 5' 4 3/4", and I started again yesterday at exactly 190 pounds. I haven't seen 145 in almost 10 years, I have no idea what size I'd be at that weight. Right now I'm at a size 16 pants, and I feel like crap.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    I've come down to 190 from 224....
    I have set my new weight goal to 145.. Just needing some photos for inspiration.. :D

This is my first goal too! I'm 5'4 I started at 256 and am currently 195. I'm aiming for 140lbs first off and then after that I will see how I feel/how clothes fit and maybe then push on to 125lbs. But to be honest, i can;t even imagine getting to 140lbs!

My progress pics to dates are here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/orangesmartie
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    I have a picture from when I was over 170lbs and my current picture was a week or two ago at 146lbs... You can take a look at my pictures to see the change.

My heaviest was the photo with my daughter, bent over in a black sweater... my legs were as wide as my abdomen. I don't have any full bodied pictures that are recent but hey the loss in faces can say a lot :)

Congrats on your loss! You have a great goal :)
  • WaxMama
    I will be stalking this thread! I am 5' 4 3/4", and I started again yesterday at exactly 190 pounds. I haven't seen 145 in almost 10 years, I have no idea what size I'd be at that weight. Right now I'm at a size 16 pants, and I feel like crap.

We are the exact same height :) I was a very stretched out size 16 when i was at 190 and I'm 148 now in a size 12. But I have big hips and tend to be a size bigger than most girls my weight, so I'd imagine you'd probably be in a 10 by then! Good luck, you can do it!
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    WaxMama:
    Actually, I am quite pear-shaped, so my lower half tends to run larger than the average gal.

I remember way back when I was a teenager, at 118 pounds, I was still a size 7/8. Although I know sizes have changed quite a bit since then!
  • lee3978
    lee3978 Posts: 274
    145 here and 5'4
    (heaviest 225)

My legs are pretty thick still. I wear a size 7-10 on pants
    I can wear a size 6 to 8 on dress.

I would love to see 125lbs!
  • jeepyjaime
    jeepyjaime Posts: 3 Member
    Such an inspiration to see and read all of the posts!!! Thanks for that!
  • blmurphy37
    blmurphy37 Posts: 55 Member
    bump! i cant wait to also post pictures once im down to around 145!
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    I am 5'5" tall and just turned 50. I started on August 20, 2012 at 214.5 and I currently weigh 138. My goal is to lose 3 more lbs, then reevaluate. I'm sorry, but I don't know how to post pics to the board. My current profile pic was at 139.5 lbs.
  • vharding7
    vharding7 Posts: 48 Member
    That'd be me exactly actually! After having my son I was right around 190, and I am now down to 145. It's taken me about a year and a half to get here (I love exercising, its just the diet part that gets me! lol) I'm thinking I have 10 pounds to go, but I'm not too worried about the actual number, just how my body looks. I have mostly been running but within the last month or so have been lifting weights too, so I may acquire more muscle and stay right around 145! Add me if you would like I can always use more friends on here and like motivating others as well! :)
  • Afra84
    Afra84 Posts: 20 Member
    Hi all,
    I am 5"4' and went from SW186 to CW145 ....GW130.
    My prof pic (left) was taken at my starting weight and the right pic last week.
    Wishing everyone cont. success and keep up the great work!!!

I always say its not always easy but def. well worth it :) Here is to MFP and more success stories to come:)

Happy May day everyone
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!