• LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    Jameson...always jameson

and this is why YOU ARE AWESOME. :D
  • jjgirl76
    jjgirl76 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Unsweet tea. Also, my mom always carries Mio (or Crystal light also has a version) to add to water. They come in all sorts of tasty flavors.
  • chrisvinci
    Options
    Jameson is a good friend and all, but I usually roll with my best friend Johnnie.
  • HelstonSonia
    Options
    Wow. I stuck this on this morning before heading out to work, and have come back to pages of replies! Thank you all so much!

One thing that strikes me is the different things available in different parts of the world. Several people have mentioned "Mio" - sorry I haven't heard of that. Is that a US thing? And if so what is it and can I get it here in the UK?!

I don't often go to the pub - particularly since I'm off alcohol at the moment - but last night was with friends for a meal and I just really struggled.

I did have a J2O but they are full of sugar. I did get a sparkling water after that but it just got me thinking that really there aren't that many options when you're out. At home I drink sugar free squash mostly. Or diet lemonade very occasionally.

(I'm sort of avoiding caffeine at the moment as well which is why I'm not drinking cola or tea / coffee.)

Thanks for the ideas though!
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    Water
  • synthomarsh
    synthomarsh Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    get you some Mio carry it around add it to you water..... mango peach delicious
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I rarely go out so I drink Beer. I am not helpful.
  • niccup
    niccup Posts: 32
    Options
    water with lemon:)
  • sailawaykate
    Options
    Water long island (surprisingly tasty, or you could just ask them to make it with unsweet tea and no coke), Gin & tonic, rum & soda w/ a dash of juice, and when I'm splurging, love me a hard cider.

I also do beer (Guinness is actually a pretty low-cal option if you like dark & malty) on occasion, just drink it more slowly, enjoy the flavor!

If it's not party time, water or iced tea are always favorites!
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    If I'm not drinking alcohol when out, then I drink water.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I went out to the pub last night for dinner. Now while I could make food choices to suit my cals, I really struggled with what to drink. I'm not drinking alcohol at the moment (health reasons), so it's soft drinks only.
    Beer. Whisky.

Soda will kill you.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Beer or water when eating out. Vodka when out partying.
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Water.........water.........water....:drinker:
  • lisa9700134
    lisa9700134 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Stoli Orange (or any flavored vodka) with plain seltzer..fresh orange slices!

Mojito, made with club soda, white rum, fresh mint and lime...made with Stevia..or if you order out and they use sugar, its not too bad, a lot less sugar than soda..
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    the only beverages i consume are coffee, booze, and water...very occasionally tea. when i go out to eat i always drink. depending on where i am it will be mixed drinks, straight whiskey, or beer. always with water too.
  • Change_is_Good_
    Change_is_Good_ Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Dark rum and coke, probably the highest cal combo there is!

But I love it, even worse is I occasionally forget how many I've had :embarassed:
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    Jameson is a good friend and all, but I usually roll with my best friend Johnnie.

i like jameson just fine but for an irish i prefer powers or red breast.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    If I'm not having 'drinks' I stick with water.

If I'm having 'drinks' I always (ALWAYS) have either Caesars or Gin and tonic.

Mind you, I never really go out for dinner.
  • phurst00
    phurst00 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for some kind of alcohol, you could look up the Skinny Girl brand (low calorie stuff, they even have mixers!)

I recently bought some Moscato Wine that was 120 cal per 8oz, but I can't remember the name of the brand :(

Either way, just keep in mind that alcohol is empty calories so don't overdue it!