Help me out! Where are you at and how far have you come?

Options
123457»

Replies

• SZY0006
    SZY0006 Posts: 23
    Options
    I have my starting weight on MFP set at 176, but that's not completely accurate. That's just when I started using MFP again. In August I was at 195 (I'm 5' 6"), an all-time high for me. I moved to China to teach English, and my diet changed drastically. From a combination of better food and a very unfortunate stomach disease that landed me in the hospital for a week, I lost 19 pounds without really trying. After that, though, the weight stopped coming off. I realized I had to actually try again. In mid March I was at about 176. I started using MFP again, counting calories, and exercising 5-6 days per week. I'm now down to 165 and feeling much better about my health and the shape of my body. My goal before I leave China in mid June is to weigh what I did three years ago - 153 pounds. My ultimate goal is 135.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    what was your starting weight? 225
    -What's your target? 190
    -What are you now? 206.6
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1800
    -When did you start your weight loss journey- jan. 2013
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get an idea of how different diets affect different people. So here's a little survey!

-What was your starting weight?
    -What's your target?
    -What are you now?
    -How many calories/day do you consume?
    -When did you start your weight loss journey?

260lbs
    -What's your target?
    I'm 5'4.5" and think that 135lbs is a good starting goal...I'll reassess when I get closer to goal weight and look more at body fat %, but right now I really should aim for a lower weight.
    -What are you now?
    204lbs (US size 14)
    I change this as I lose weight. So here are my averages for last week:

AVG Total Calorie Consumed per day: 1910
    AVG Net Calories per day: 1662
    I just upped my goal to 1692 this week.
    I started late Jan/early Feb 2012. I got down to 196lbs last year, but gained some weight back over the holidays.
  • luvriden
    luvriden Posts: 52
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 187+
    -What's your target? 137ish
    -What are you now? 151
    -How many calories/day do you consume? between 1200 - 1400 net
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? 1/1/13

I am 61 y/o 5'2"
  • vickiessecret
    vickiessecret Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    -What was your starting weight? 297 when I delivered my son June 2012.
    -What's your target? 190lbs--my very 1st pre pregnancy weight, before my 1st daughter.
    -What are you now?251.8lbs
    -How many calories/day do you consume? 1660 is my goal, it goes between 1400-1800
    -When did you start your weight loss journey? I just really started to try & lose weight this January :)
  • ohyousillygirl
    ohyousillygirl Posts: 76 Member
    Options

I started using the site at 155lbs. I got a new scale like the 2nd week in and it I think it is more accurate than the one I initially measured on so I believe I was closer to 158 or so but I use 155 as my "official" start weight.

-What's your target?

My original goal was 135lbs.

-What are you now?

As of this morning I'm at 134.6lbs. Technically I've reached my goal weight but I realized I'm not quite where I want to be yet. Now I want to focus on gaining more muscle and don't really care about the scale as much. If I lose inches/ feel leaner or more muscular I don't care what the scale says.

Up until now I've been going off the site recommendation of 1250 calories per day with little to no exercise. Starting next week I'm switching to the IPOARM format and going off of my TDEE instead which will mean a pretty big calorie increase. I've hit kind of a plateau and I feel like not eating enough is the reason why so I'm hoping it will help!

I joined the site on September 26th, 2012 and that was my first day I've ever tried any sort of diet/ lifestyle change in my life!
  • Hannaaah1990
    Options
    What was your starting weight?

196lbs

-What's your target?

150lbs (possibly going lower depending on how I look/feel when I get there)

-What are you now?

162lbs :)

Around 1500/600 burning either 300 or 400 off with exercise.

Joined this site a while ago but properly started trying to lose 1st November 2012 so into my 6th month :)
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Started 301lbs

Now 209lbs

Target 160 (possibly less)

Eat 1400-1600.

Started 600 days ago. (had 3 surgeries and have fybromyalgia it's put a few spanners in the works!)

I eat 30% carbs, 35% fat, 35% protein.

5ft 6.
  • jdhoward_101
    jdhoward_101 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    What was your starting weight? 124lbs

What's your target? 112lbs, (i know it sounds low, but that was what i was before and want to be again)

What are you now?121lbs

How many calories/day do you consume? 1200 (net)

When did you start your weight loss journey? About a month ago, but i fell off the wagon a week or so in and have only been taking it seriously again, (and lost that 3lbs) in the past couple of weeks.