2050 Calories A DAY?!

Options
abnerner
abnerner Posts: 452 Member
So, I did some calculations with the Scooby's Calorie Calculator and it says I should be eating 2050 calories, A DAY! Holy cow! Could this possibly be right?

Stats:
5'0
SW: 227
CW: 194
LW: 187
GW: 175
UGW: 150ish
Stalled since November
Just finished 30DS, saw a difference but no pounds lost
Starting Ripped in 30 on Thursday

If this is the case and I need to be eating 2050 cals a day, any suggestions on getting that many calories a day? I'm used to 1410!

Replies

• jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    So, I did some calculations with the Scooby's Calorie Calculator and it says I should be eating 2050 calories, A DAY! Holy cow! Could this possibly be right?

Stats:
    5'0
    SW: 227
    CW: 194
    LW: 187
    GW: 175
    UGW: 150ish
    Stalled since November
    Just finished 30DS, saw a difference but no pounds lost
    Starting Ripped in 30 on Thursday

If this is the case and I need to be eating 2050 cals a day, any suggestions on getting that many calories a day? I'm used to 1410!

Sounds reasonable. Is that after a small reduction for weight loss, or is that your calculated TDEE?

As for getting in more food... how did you get over weight in the first place? Find a happy medium between that and what you've been doing at 1400.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I'm 181lbs and my TDEE is about 2500 cals a day. I eat 1970.

It works.
  • ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thats...not actually a bad suggestion! Have a cheesey pizza slice and it'll add on another couple of hundred, right?
  • Josee76
    Josee76 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I eat 1995 a day; sounds right
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    The more you weigh, the more your body burns carrying it around and taking care of basic functions. Enjoy eating that much while you can. =)
  • abnerner
    Options

Sounds reasonable. Is that after a small reduction for weight loss, or is that your calculated TDEE?

As for getting in more food... how did you get over weight in the first place? Find a happy medium between that and what you've been doing at 1400.

This is with a 20% reduction....since I do have so many more lbs to lose
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I eat between 2100-2300 calories a day, so that sounds right. Don't forget, using this method, you do not eat exercise calories back.
  • Dragonnade
    Dragonnade Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    1800 a day minimum (after deduction to lose) and consistently losing. If I fall below that I stall quick as you can say "moar steak please". It's awesome cos you're not hungry and get to eat pie and look smug whilst those around me eat lettuce.

I'm 5'2, 130ish lbs, and go to the gym roughly 3 times a week.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Thats...not actually a bad suggestion! Have a cheesey pizza slice and it'll add on another couple of hundred, right?

No.
  • LoraF83
    Options

No.

Why not?
  • jasonp_ritzert
    jasonp_ritzert Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to add healthy calories good choices are avocado, roasted nuts, and peanut butter. All of these in moderation provide good sources of healthy fats, fiber, and protein.
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Mine set to a 20% fat reduction says I need to eat 2289.... current weight is 198.6, I am 5'6".... work out 5 - 6 hours a week (running, zumba, and some toning).....

If this is possible why does MFP have me set at 1520 (of course adding back cals when I workout but still dont' think I get to 2200)...

I'm so confused.. is this why my weight lose is soooo slow... after doing 30Day Shred consistently 30 Days straight... only lost 2.6lbs and 5.25 inches... after C25K lost 5lbs and 6.25 inches... and I knwo that is good don't get me wrong but when you still have 50ish lbs to lose and inches to lose too you would think it would come off with all the working out I've been doing????
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

No.

Why not?

See what Jason said above. Adding HEALTHY calories will help you reach your goals better than pizza. Of course we all splurge once in a while, but it's not a good general practice.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I eat pizza and burgers all the time and I am still losing. I just don't eat them every day lol...once every week or two. And honestly, you can have healthy pizza...make it yourself.
  • abnerner
    Options

No.

Why not?

I like pizza :)
  • abnerner
    Options
    I eat pizza and burgers all the time and I am still losing. I just don't eat them every day lol...once every week or two. And honestly, you can have healthy pizza...make it yourself.

We do that at home already too, we make our own dough and pizzas usually weekly
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    (snip)

Cut out any diet (low/reduced fat, low cal) foods you eat and switch to the regular versions. Add in more calorie dense foods such as nuts, seeds, their butters (peanut, almond, tahini), avacado, full fat dairy, eggs, even dark chocolate.
  • LoraF83
    Options

No.

Why not?

See what Jason said above. Adding HEALTHY calories will help you reach your goals better than pizza. Of course we all splurge once in a while, but it's not a good general practice.

Lol.

Yes, we should all eat nutritious food that fuels our bodies. But there is absolutely nothing wrong with pizza -IIFYM.
  • strickland8052
    strickland8052 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Add some healthy, high calorie foods to your routine. Yogurt, avocado, nuts, cheeses, etc.

Don't know how you are.. but "eating a little bit of whatever I want" would not work for me. Sugar and processed yumminess is like an addiction to me and I can not eat it in moderation. Plus crap food makes you feel like crap, in my opinion.

But if you can eat it in moderation and still feel great, then go for it.