Please share your favourite quinoa recipes!!

Options
15678911»

Replies

• LJA1968
    LJA1968 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Bumping for all the great quinoa ideas!!
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    maybe i'll have to try quinoa! thx
  • m0ll3pprz
    m0ll3pprz Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    So glad you posted this :-) everything looks delicious! Thanks for the great ideas! :happy:
  • Hollie704
    Hollie704 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try many of these recipes! I've just made a pilaf with quinoa, so looking forward to some variety.
  • wordstill
    wordstill Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Skinny Orange Chicken with Asparagus & Quinoa

IMG_1777-1024x682.jpg

http://www.littlekitchenbigbites.com/2013/02/12

made this last night. 3 cups is a lot though. i made 2 1/2 cups and had a lot left over to use for other dishes. you may want to adjust per how many people

around 484 calories per serving with the ingredients i had on hand (no green onion, fresh garlic, & sesame seeds)
  • dazzer1975
    dazzer1975 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Not a recipe as such but tried quinoa for the first time yesterday.

I made it for breakfast as a kind of porridge replacement, added some sweetener, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, cinnamon and blueberries...gorgeous.

Trying black beans and corn with quinoa tomorrow.
  • drenergy
    drenergy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Quinoa stuffing -- it is fabulous!

You can adapt it to any recipe and it is sooooo delicious as a side, especially in the fall and over the holidays. All you do is make quinoa (I like to make a big batch of different colors--red, yellow, the darker brown kind) and make SURE to do it with chicken stock (I like low sodium Swanson broth). Then saute your carrots, onions, and cucumber and add to the quinoa with sage and whatever other seasons you like in your regular stuffing. Some people like to add dried cranberries or the like. It is still a little high in calories because quinoa packs such a punch, but it has all the extra good stuff that white bread does not, and not nearly the same carbs/sugar.

I never make a small batch because the leftovers are so amazing!
  • Pipenny
    Pipenny Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • gffs
    gffs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love my Tabbouleh (or Tabouli), especially during the summer months.

2 Cups cooked and cooled quinoa
    1-2 Cup chopped parsley (I love parsley)
    1/2 Cup chopped scallions or green onions
    2 Tbsp. chopped fresh mint (or 1 tsp. dried)
    2 diced tomatoes
    1/2 cucumber, diced small
    1/2 Cup fresh lemon juice
    1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
    1/4 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. white or black pepper
    Immediately add the olive oil to the parsley after it is chopped to preserve the vitamins.
    Toss everything together in one big bowl or container. Chill for 1 hour or more to allow flavors to blend.