Please share your favourite quinoa recipes!!

Options

Replies

• WOODWAYONE
    WOODWAYONE Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This looks so good!
  • lbpslah
    lbpslah Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    BUMPERS
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lurcstet
    lurcstet Posts: 77
    Options
    June 01, 2013 21:45Had to post this, its a great dessert or pre bed snack and so easy to make..

1 cup Quinoa - rince well to remove biterness
    3 cups of chocolate soya milk

mix in a pan and simmer for about an hour until thick and creamy! The quinoa brings a nutty texture to what is a chocalte rice pudding.
  • fancyladyJeri
    fancyladyJeri Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • fayeriston
    fayeriston Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • Cedarwren
    Cedarwren Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Save!
  • Natfacestuff
    Natfacestuff Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bump, just bought some quinoa, so yay!
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Cooking Quinoa tonight for my first time , someone please inbox me with the dos and don't because I have no clue how to cook it or eat it .... is it like rice ? as far as Iv seen it looks like tiny white balls (only description)
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bbbccp
    bbbccp Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Looks great- bump
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lautz1008
    lautz1008 Posts: 4
    Options
    bump
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Crunchy Cashew Thai Quinoa with Ginger Peanut Dressing {vegan and gluten free} --http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2013/04/crunchy-cashew-thai-quinoa-salad-with-ginger-peanut-dressing/#comment-5123

I saw this recipe on Pinterest and I made it last week. It was AMAZING. I did leave out the onions because I find them too strong, esp if the salad is going to be eaten over a couple of days. If you are allergic to peanuts, just substitute another nut butter. I was worried about the taste of the cabbage in it, but you don't even taste it, it just adds more crunch. My husband won't eat stuff like this, so it made too much for me to eat even though I ate it every chance I got. Next time I will cut the recipe in half so I don't waste any. It would be super with some grilled chicken or shrimp thrown in to make a meal. Crap, now I'm hungry.

I made this, too--delicious! My husband even liked it (well, until I put cilantro in it and ruined it for him). It definitely made a full week's worth of lunches for me.
  • almapig1
    almapig1 Posts: 14
    Options
    bump
  • SkinnyMozza
    SkinnyMozza Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump:flowerforyou:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    bump.... great looking dishes! I'll add some of mine soon :)
  • linnaeus
    linnaeus Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Mine's the most simple - leftover quinoa and Kirkland raspberry spread. Perfect replacement for a PB&J, or to satisfy that sugar craving quickly and efficiently. Or maybe I've been dieting too long....
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Fruit with Quinoa
    Fresh fruit any type, I prefer strawberries and grapes,
    dressing of;
    -apple cider vinegar
    -fat free yogurt
    -honey or agave nectar
    Mix dressing together,
    toss with fruit and quinoa and "little of the dressing" :-) chill, Love it :-)

Oh my gosh, THIS and those stuffed Portobellos! So yum! So ready to get to the Rivermarket this weekend and pick some stuff up!