It works! Body wraps

Options
Hi there has anyone tried these or are they a waste of money? X

Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Of course you won't lose weight with a "body wrap;" that would be magic. All a body wrap can do is dehydrate you, causing water weight loss. Also, some of the oils and creams might make your skin feel softer. However, there's no magic potion or cosmetic treatment that can fix the results of overeating, aging, and genetics. Nothing you rub on your skin can "cure" stretch marks or cellulite. Body wraps are good for a temporary loss of fluid, and maybe some skin moisturization, and that's it. If losing weight were really as easy as going to a spa, there wouldn't be a fat person alive.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    This product does NOT work for everyone. It does work for some. The problem is, if it does not work for you and you are signed up as a Loyal Customer, it will end up costing you a lot of money! They also charge $9.00 for shipping, and on top of that you still have to pay taxes. So, you do not really get anything for that low price they use to hook you in! Below, I will explain to you what to be VERY careful of if you are thinking of signing up as a Loyal Customer.

First of all, if you cancel before the trial period of 3 Months is up, you will be charged a $50 early termination fee.

This is taken directly from the It Works! Terms and Conditions - Customers who cancel their membership before the three-month minimum commitment has been fulfilled will be charged a $50 early termination fee on their credit card on file.

If you don't cancel, then you end up with A LOT of Body Wraps that have cost you A LOT of money, that do not work for you. And, if you try to return them, it will still cost you a lot of money. You will have to pay for ALL SHIPPING COSTS. And, you have to pay a RESTOCKING FEE of 10%. This 10% can really add up due to the high cost of the product. It could easily cost you $20 to return 2 wraps.

If you don't want to pay the outrageous restocking fee along with shipping, you are stuck with a product that you cant use, and are out hundreds of dollars.

You are NOT ALLOWED to sell your unused product. If you do, they will terminate your account and charge you the $50 early termination fee. So, you can't even try to make your money back for something you purchased and can't use. They actively monitor Ebay and Craigslist, and harass anyone trying to make some of their lost money back.

The following is taken directly from their Customer Loyalty Policy and Procedures, which you must agree to to receive the Loyal Customer Discount. - "The It Works Customer Loyalty Program allows a customer to enjoy wholesale pricing on all orders by making a three-month minimum commitment to a monthly auto-ship order. Loyal Customers can purchase product for personal use only and cannot resell the product for any reason. Only distributors are authorized to sell product. Customers found to be selling product will immediately have their rights to buy product terminated."

The following is taken directly from the It Works! "Return Policy" - "To receive a refund, all products must be returned within 30 days of purchase in re-saleable, un-opened, "new" condition. The customer is responsible for all shipping costs. There will be a 10% re-stocking fee applied to all customer returns."

So, if these don't work for you, there is nothing you can do but continue to your credit card billed and accept product that does nothing for you. Great company huh? Way to stand behind your product! These are terrible policies. What kind of company forces people to continue to purchase products they don't want? They even go so far as to tell you what you can and can't do with this product that you purchased, and now own! This is not even legal.. Federal Law (First Sale Doctrine) dictates that a consumer my do whatever he/she wnats with a product after they have purchased and paid for it. It Works! knows this, but, even though they know they can't legally stop you from selling it, they will cancel your account and charge you $50 if you do.

Be very careful if you decide to join the Loyal Customer program. Because whether it works for you or not, once you do, you are STUCK with it. And, there is not way for you to get out without costing you money.

There are a lot of people in my area who are stuck with Wraps they don't want. Several people I know were suckered into the Loyal Customer Program. After finding out that the product does not work well for them, they found out all of the above information. I posted So, now all these people are having their credit cards billed, and are being sent products that do not work for them. I'm just hoping that at the least, this ripoff report will open peoples eyes to what this company is really all about. If they really stood behind their product, they would accept returns without making the customers pay for it! They also would not penalize people who honestly wanted to give their product a try, and found that it didn't work for them. They would not charge these people $50 for not wanting to continue to pay for a product that does not work for them! This is a scam. Please Beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 7/3/2011 11:04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: //weightloss-programs/it-works-body-wraps/it-works-body-wraps-it-works-dfa86.htm. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    How Body Wraps Actually Work

Most at home and spa wraps are comprised of two main components: The solution and the "wrap" itself. In truth, it is actually the solution that determines the effectiveness of a wrap because it contains the ingredients that do all the work. Specifically, legitimate body wraps are made from powerful all-natural ingredients that first absorb into your skin.

Once absorbed, the ingredients begin to attack the chemical bonds that are effectively keeping stored fat deposits and stored toxins attached to one another. Cheap and ineffective wraps, on the other hand, may actually make things worse and force your body to store more toxins rather than flushing them (more on this later).

So what do toxins attached to your fat deposits have to do with whether or not a body wrap actually works as advertised? Well once the bond between toxins and fat deposits is broken, your body can finally flush the toxins from your system. But if the body cannot flush those toxins, then it can't burn the fat deposits for energy and the wrap is essentially worthless.

The body "wrap" itself is designed to help you absorb more of the ingredients. For spa wraps and most at home wraps, people typically use terry cloth strips as the "wrap". First, the terry cloth strips are soaked in the solution for about 15 minutes.

Then and typically with the help of a spa tech or a very close friend, the strips are then applied over your bare skin where they must be left in place for about an hour to 90 minutes. Once the terry cloth strips are removed, the ingredients will continue to purge toxins and help your body eliminate fat deposits for up to 48 hours-depending on the quality of the wrap.

How to Identify and Buy Body Wraps That Work

Believe it or not, the biggest problem with bogus wraps isn't that they don't work (and they don't!), but that they actually make the problem worse. In order to save money, most scam or cheap wraps are made from synthetic ingredients. While these cheap body wrap ingredients are great for a company's bottom line, the problem is that your body doesn't "recognize" synthetic ingredients as easily as all-natural ingredients. And if your body can't recognize the body wrap ingredients, it will consider them to be "toxins".

Now when we are younger, the body can flush toxins quickly-as fast as you ingest them in most cases. But as we age, the body's ability to purge incoming toxins slows down and some of them end up getting stored in your skin cells-right next to fat deposits. In fact, these stored toxins are actually "bound" to the fat deposits.

So unless you first purge the toxins with an effective high quality wrap, then your body can NEVER burn those fat deposits for energy. But in the case of scam wraps made from synthetic ingredients, not only will they NEVER purge those stored toxins-they are actually adding new toxins to your problem!

So to avoid the ineffective wraps that can make problems even worse, here are two simple tips:

Buying Tip #1: Avoid Wraps Made from Synthetic Ingredients

While home wraps made from 100% all-natural ingredients might still not work as well as a spa body wrap if they aren't the right all-natural ingredients, the one certainty is that they won't make the problem worse like wraps made from synthetic ingredients. And if you happen to find 2 products both made with all-natural ingredients but need to know which is most likely to work well and produce the results you want and deserve, then see tip #2!

Buying Tip #2: Avoid Products that Require the "Wrap"

The fact is that most spa wraps and even many at home body wraps require a wrap for one reason and one reason alone: Because the body wrap ingredients are very weak. Now make no mistake: Even these weak ingredients can and will work when properly applied with terry cloth strips or a full body wrap. But, it is a major pain to try and apply the terry cloth strips yourself and an even bigger embarrassment to have some "friend" apply them for you. So for the best results possible and faster application times, look for home body wraps made from 100% all-natural ingredients that don't require the terry cloth strips or "wrap". These higher quality body wrap solutions can typically be added to a tub filled with warm water and then all you have to do is sit back and "soak-in" the ingredients.

Unfortunately, the question of whether body wraps actually work really does depend on the type of wrap you get (home vs. spa wrap), the ingredients it is made from, and whether a wrap is required or not.

Jon Kreps is a health and wellness expert and to learn more about how do body wraps work, just visit http://www.justbodywraps.com today!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7514055

This is total nonsense.
  • Etienne54
    Etienne54 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in voodoo and witchcraft..

But I do believe in forging your body with your own effort.
  • jodieturbo
    jodieturbo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm not looking into using them was just curious as seen a lot of people raving bout the it works! Wraps with like inches of loss which I can't understand how it can work ..
  • lesspaul
    lesspaul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    This is total nonsense.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks so.
  • nine2481
    nine2481 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The wraps do work. I have a friend that lost 30 pounds using them . . . I don't know all about that article but from first hand knowledge and eye witnessing it, I would say the article is bogus.
  • jodieturbo
    jodieturbo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    The wraps do work. I have a friend that lost 30 pounds using them . . . I don't know all about that article but from first hand knowledge and eye witnessing it, I would say the article is bogus.

I just persumed it was inch loss rather than weight loss , x
  • elysehunt
    elysehunt Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Some of the before/after pics I've seen of gross me out! If they would just exercise and eat right their loose skin would look a whole lot better! I'm not kidding, some of those photos of these women's stomachs afterwards are just so sad looking. They do lose inches, but a consultant has said the only way to "keep it off" is to eat right and start living a healthy lifestyle. And you don't want your stomach looking "skinny" while the rest of you (arms/legs/face) still looks big... so.... yep! Bogus!
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I am going to try these for the summer, I think. I have a friend who is selling them and I can get a good deal. I have lost over 100 pounds and was always very large in the stomach. Despite working out and losing inches off my waist, I have loose skin and my skin is crepey looking, if that makes sense. I wear a size 4 and have some definition in my upper stomach, but my lower stomach is a wreck. Even if it is a temporary fix, like I said I can do it for the summer to tighten up and maybe show off my hard work. I can not afford a tummy tuck, but I can try these wraps for a few months and see if it helps tighten up. I know some people might judge me for a "quick fix" but I have been at this for over 3 years, and putting in as much work as anyone else, so they can judge all they want!

ETA: Well, right now my toned arms and legs dont match my stomach, so maybe this will help me look more in proportion. I dont know, but like I said for ME it is worth a shot because I fixate daily over the stomach I have right now! It certainly isnt going to make matters worse!
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I think if you can afford it, you can go ahead and do it. It's really no different from any other massage. It doesn't do much for losing inches, and nothing for losing weight, but it is a very relaxing experience, and it feels really nice
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I tried my first wrap November 2012 and I lost 1" in 45 minutes. I then decided to sell it. Since I have started I have seen so many transformations in people that I have wrapped or who have tried the wrap from other distributors. It really is an amazing product and what makes it different from other body wraps is that this one is NOT WATER LOSS. It is actually loss of inches that can become permanent with a healthy lifestyle like exercise. Even if you don't workout or eat healthy, you can still see results for 2-6 months. I never intended to make money with this business, I just wanted to try the product for myself, but it has changed many lives, including mine. I have lost about 6". I have seen a couple of people lose 4" with just one wrap. If you would like more information CANNOT SELL PRODUCTS or visit CANNOT SELL YOUR PRODUCTm or even my facebook page. . Thanks!

You cannot try to sell your crap products here.

Body wraps do not work. THey do NOT make you lose weight (other than water which comes right back).
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

The wraps wouldn't of caused a 30lb weight loss. The wraps cannot make you lose fat.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit works.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options

You mean your friend was eating nutritious wraps that enabled them to consistently be at a calorie deficit?
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    This thread made me hungry.

If you are making wraps please bring enough for the rest of us.

If you want some short term loss, then I guess its fine. Like for a wrestler or a bride.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    They should be renamed: "Of course they don't! Body wraps."
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I know a few people that have tried them. I've yet to see the "wrap" be the reason the person lost the weight. Usually people make multiple changes in their diet/exercise in addition to using the "wrap", then they attribute their success, or part of it to the "wrap"...
  • BreeFeelinFree
    Options
    I've been in the spa industry for decades, it's all water weight, more for a vacation or event.