It works! Body wraps

Options

Replies

• logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    my sis-in-law has recently started doing/selling these and I'm having SUCH a hard time holding my tongue. there's wraps & supplements/powders. I don't know the logistics, but if it sounds too good to be true it is.

I have the same issue with my Wife. While it does help bring some extra income to our household (which is needed), I have an issue with the product in itself. They way they market the product by claiming it "shrinks fat cells" is just bogus.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    If you need to call it 'It Works!'.. chances are, it doesn't!
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I've seen the before and after pics, side view, of a mommy-dunlap-tummy and the results were amazing. Truly it does work.

NOt sure it you noticed but a lot of the time in those "after" pictures, the picture is taken further away or the person has a different posture.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I've seen the before and after pics, side view, of a mommy-dunlap-tummy and the results were amazing. Truly it does work.

NOt sure it you noticed but a lot of the time in those "after" pictures, the picture is taken further away or the person has a different posture.

Not in the ones I've seen. I have a friend who sells them. She posts pictures to her facebook constantly. The results are there, proof in the pictures. I dabble in photography and always look at how a change in vantage point can skew what your mind sees. These are honest to goodness true photos that show change. But like I said in my post, it's temporary. I've seen the results fade rather quickly on friends and family once they've stopped using them.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Has anybody tried that fat melting laser thing?
    That's actually legit. It's considered a surgical procedure.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • mom_0fthree
    mom_0fthree Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The wraps do work. I have a friend that lost 30 pounds using them . . . I don't know all about that article but from first hand knowledge and eye witnessing it, I would say the article is bogus.

The wraps wouldn't of caused a 30lb weight loss. The wraps cannot make you lose fat.

i know a girl who tried something like this it didnt work so she worked her butt off said it was the product just so ppl wouldnt make fun of her for losing all her money on something that doesnt work.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    no, but I have some magical fairy dust that will do the trick....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    oh and in...for the science bahahahahahahahha
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    How Body Wraps Actually Work

... snip ...

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7514055

This is total nonsense.

Right. Definitely non-scientific poppycock, baloney, and impossibilities. Totally designed to create weight loss in your wallet only. You may actually lose a couple pounds beyond water weight because the placebo effect may cause you to lessen your calorie intake and increase your activity level. Otherwise, total balderdash, garbage, foolishness, and ponzi schemes.
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    It Works Body Wraps – how do they work? Here is the science behind our wraps! You’re wondering if they work, the answer is YES and you’re also wondering how…. The botanical blend in our wraps penetrate the skin and into the deeper skin layers, getting straight to the fat cells…where it forces toxins out of them! Those toxins are then picked up by the blood stream and filtered through the kidneys and essentially are eliminated through your urine. A little fact about fat cells: When you are born, you are born with all the fat cells your body will ever have. However, fat can expand 1000x its original size. Fat holds toxins and CAN be shrunk, you don’t essentially “lose” fat without exercise, proper diet or surgery – but you can certainly shrink it and our skinny wraps will do just that!

I noticed this is the first message ever from this poster. I wonder, I wonder.
  • cassandrachambers7
    cassandrachambers7 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That is because I just started an account, reference how long I have been a member. Thanks :-)
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    The Ultimate Applicator works by detoxifying, tightening, toning and firming. Daily, toxins are naturally removed from the body by your stool, urine and the air you breathe out. The ingredients continue to work for 72 hours after you have applied the Ultimate Applicator, so you may continue to see progressive results over this time period.

The results you see from the Ultimate Body Applicator are not temporary, as you may have experienced or heard about with many body wraps that simply cause water loss. The Ultimate Body Applicator helps detoxify, tighten, tone, and firm in a manner that produces lasting results—without water loss.
    As is true with any weight loss or body slimming, you can reverse the results you see from the Ultimate Body Applicator with poor eating habits and lack of exercise. This is why we say, depending on your eating habits and level of daily activity, you can expect your results to last approximately anywhere from 2 – 6 months.
    Using Defining Gel daily can help you make sure that you improve and maintain your results from the Ultimate Body Applicators. Continued use of the Ultimate Body Applicators will also help you achieve continued results and maintain results you may be reversing with eating and lifestyle habits.
    This product is not recommended for pregnant or nursing women or children. If you have a medical condition, health concern, or are taking prescription medication, consult with your health care professional before using this product.

Total nonsense.
  • cassandrachambers7
    Options
    I understand there is skeptics, just like with any other health product. Nobody is asking the "skeptics" to use the products, just making the factual information known. Rather then certain people posting false information.

Thanks
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    A friend was selling them and gave me one to try. It did absolutely nothing. Then I got the "well, sometimes it takes two or three to see a noticeable difference".

How about... NO. I was curious to see if anything would happen but not enough to have had to pay for it.
  • cassandrachambers7
    Options
    That is because a FULL treatment is 4 wraps. And some get lucky to see results after 1 or 2 - I am currently on my 4th wrap and am ecstatic about my results, especially since I had my daughter a year ago and it is helping to tighten my belly back up and reduce the look of my stretch marks. Everyone's body is different and will take differently to the product. I tell my customers not to get discouraged about it after just 1 wrap, because a lot of people do!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    The Ultimate Applicator works by detoxifying, tightening, toning and firming. Daily, toxins are naturally removed from the body by your stool, urine and the air you breathe out. The ingredients continue to work for 72 hours after you have applied the Ultimate Applicator, so you may continue to see progressive results over this time period.

The results you see from the Ultimate Body Applicator are not temporary, as you may have experienced or heard about with many body wraps that simply cause water loss. The Ultimate Body Applicator helps detoxify, tighten, tone, and firm in a manner that produces lasting results—without water loss.
    As is true with any weight loss or body slimming, you can reverse the results you see from the Ultimate Body Applicator with poor eating habits and lack of exercise. This is why we say, depending on your eating habits and level of daily activity, you can expect your results to last approximately anywhere from 2 – 6 months.
    Using Defining Gel daily can help you make sure that you improve and maintain your results from the Ultimate Body Applicators. Continued use of the Ultimate Body Applicators will also help you achieve continued results and maintain results you may be reversing with eating and lifestyle habits.
    This product is not recommended for pregnant or nursing women or children. If you have a medical condition, health concern, or are taking prescription medication, consult with your health care professional before using this product.

Please name some of the toxins that these wraps help you remove.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

Wraps definitely separate clients from their money. And money is poison.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

Wraps definitely separate clients from their money. And money is poison.

Well played.
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    I understand there is skeptics, just like with any other health product. Nobody is asking the "skeptics" to use the products, just making the factual information known. Rather then certain people posting false information.

Thanks

There's never been any real scientific evidence that body wraps pull out toxins or purify your body in any way. Perhaps you can show me?

http://www.macfitness.net/body-wraps-waist-wraps-difference-losing-fat-losing-inches/

http://chealth.canoe.ca/columns.asp?columnistid=3&articleid=2864
  • cassandrachambers7
    Options
    Do you want toxins in your body? What does it matter what toxins it removes? It helps to detoxify in an all natural way. ALL the ingredients in the product is all natural, which is a bonus!