Women's opinion, Men's swimwear

Options

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    There is only one answer.

Board shorts.

Speedos are not attractive. They serve a purpose for elite Olympic swimmers because they allow better freedom of movement and streamlined swimming. They serve a purpose for bodybuilders in competition because they allow judges to see glute, quad, and hamstring definition.

If you are not wearing a speedo to swim in the Olympics or you haven't found yourself in a bodybuilding competition, please do not wear them.

As a woman who lives on a beach and sees all kinds, just put on the board shorts and show off your chest and back. We can make a determination as to the fitness of the rest of you by the fit of said shorts.

Oh, and trunks are for dudes over 55.

^^ This. Over and over.
  • constant_imrovement
    constant_imrovement Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I wear a speedo when I swim laps at the pool in the morning. Usually, only an older ladies aqua aerobics class is there. I think they kinda like it, lol

Can't say I'd ever wear one to the beach though...
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Jammers.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Rethinking my choice of swimwear for the summer now. :)

Teasing. :)

Pretty sure you could be awarded a "speedo license". Just sayin'

What she said. :bigsmile:
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Eww speedos are nasty
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Board shorts look ridiculous. They're way too long. Shorter trunks are good.

http://www.likecool.com/Monocle_Aspesi_swim_trunks--Swimwear--Style.html
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    Please wear board shorts
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    I just wear an old Crown Royal velvet bag. Love the security the drawstring provides.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    It's not that speedos look bad exactly, it's just that shorts look infinitely better even if you are a total Adonis
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    board shorts ftw
  • sara_m83
    sara_m83 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    If you look this good, it really doesn't matter which option you go for:

Naila-Swim-2011-Mens-Swimwear-Trends-Summer-2011.jpg

Though my preference is for far left.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Now is it okay for a guy to wear jammers if he's out running? Jammers are essentially compression shorts.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I like the longer short speedos....not the panty looking ones....but I like board shorts too, but if you want to show off your body go right on ahead. if women can wear thongs to the beach or bikinis that go up their butts then why can't you wear long speedos?
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I just wear an old Crown Royal velvet bag. Love the security the drawstring provides.

We definitely need to go swimming sometime.
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    If you look this good, it really doesn't matter which option you go for:

Naila-Swim-2011-Mens-Swimwear-Trends-Summer-2011.jpg

Though my preference is for far left.

All of these look good. I do preference the boardies or the shorter shorts in funky colours. Every time I see a normal guy in budgie smugglers, eww. But boardies that fit look nice on any shape, but hot if your in great shape.

Budgie smugglers = speedos
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'd say try on some different styles and see what you like best.
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    There is only one answer.

Board shorts.

Speedos are not attractive. They serve a purpose for elite Olympic swimmers because they allow better freedom of movement and streamlined swimming. They serve a purpose for bodybuilders in competition because they allow judges to see glute, quad, and hamstring definition.

If you are not wearing a speedo to swim in the Olympics or you haven't found yourself in a bodybuilding competition, please do not wear them.

As a woman who lives on a beach and sees all kinds, just put on the board shorts and show off your chest and back. We can make a determination as to the fitness of the rest of you by the fit of said shorts.

Oh, and trunks are for dudes over 55.

Thank you
  • LindseySepulveda
    Options
    I really like the short ( slightly above the knee) Board shorts! I also don't mind a speedo! If a guy can rock it, then by all means go for it!
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Speedo????

No_zpsba730ce9.jpg
  • pennydreadful270
    pennydreadful270 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I actually do not get the obsession with board shorts. Surely they have way too much material for swimming comfortably? Some of them come down past the guys knees! And then when they get wet I often see young guys- who are just straight sticks really-having to yank them up at the back. What is good looking about pale *kitten* cheeks coming out the back of a pair of shorts? Lol.

It must be the european in me, but i prefer the square-type speedos peopel have posted up. Not the full high-leg banana hammock, but something in between.

new-southern-comfort-ad-brings-us-an-unlikely-sex-symbol-m.jpg?1346010586

Get to it lads.