800cals

Options

Replies

• dsmm6
    dsmm6 Posts: 1
    Options
    Just run. I do a 3 miler in about 27 minutes and although I don't use a heart monitor, sites like this say I burn about 500 cals. You said you were looking for something to fit into a 1 to 1.5 hr time frame, so just run. I'm obese according to my BMI and I can still do better than 10 min miles, so 6 miles in an hour should get you over 800 no problem. Just a thought. And I agree with some on here. Just set your goals and you worry about them. Flush the negative comments and keep your head up. Good luck!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

Nothing I did was unhealthy though. I graduated with a degree in nutrition and I based my diet and exercise schedule on textbook facts. Yes the recommended goal of weight loss is 1lb per week, but 2 to 2 1/2 is not unhealthy.

Show me where it says by any legitimate health agency or authority that it is healthy or reasonable to expect that a person wanting to lose 25-30 pounds can safely expect to lose 2.5 pounds per week.
  • xx2ryhp
    xx2ryhp Posts: 9
    Options
    hi, your exercise routine is going to be with you always, in order to keep balance have a routine and eating plan that fits
    with a busy routine
  • laurenmanderson1
    laurenmanderson1 Posts: 113 Member
    Options

Nothing I did was unhealthy though. I graduated with a degree in nutrition and I based my diet and exercise schedule on textbook facts. Yes the recommended goal of weight loss is 1lb per week, but 2 to 2 1/2 is not unhealthy.

Show me where it says by any legitimate health agency or authority that it is healthy or reasonable to expect that a person wanting to lose 25-30 pounds can safely expect to lose 2.5 pounds per week.

The CDC says 2lbs a week is perfectly healthy. Is half a pound really that much more?

I'm really not going to keep arguing this. OP I wish you the best of luck!
  • mrslosser
    mrslosser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Elliptical trainer. I burn almost 1200 calories in 80 minutes....but then again I am 214 pounds.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I think to burn 800 cals in 1-1.5 hours, you would almost have to be at a dead sprint for the entire time. The only other thing might be High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), but that varies from person to person.

Just out of curiosity, why the goal of 800 cals for each workout?

Not really...it's only ~550 calories per hour. I'm not overweight and actually burn just about that much.
  • mrslosser
    mrslosser Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    how-to-burn-calories_zpsbe4e6f08.jpg

Now THIS I can do without breaking a sweat! LOL LOVE this!
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    i've been burning about that many this week by running 4-5 miles, doing about 10 minutes of uphill sprints, weightlifting for about 30 minutes, and then doing a cool down walk!

follow me on instagram if you like! @weinbagel
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    lol
    how-to-burn-calories_zpsbe4e6f08.jpg

Now THIS I can do without breaking a sweat! LOL LOVE this!
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Running at a high speed and incline.
  • christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Lots of cardio! I do zumba and swim and that does some serious burning overall. I am alot heavier than you I am sure but over all the numbers for those 2 excercises are pretty high for most people reguardless of their weight. A HRM is going to get you the most accurate count to be sure so def check into getting one if you do not have one.

Also I know you said you were not interested in this info but I have to tell you since I JUST went through it. I decided that since I am so big that I should KICK *kitten* in the gym and go at it biggest loser style. And I seriously upped all my workouts sometimes 3 classes a day and swimming 2-3 times a week mixed in. I did a combination of cardio and weight training. I did this for about 2 weeks and in that time I upped my calories like suggested... I gained 5 pounds. My body freaked out! Some of it was just bloat but legit weight that has yet to come back off now that I have re adjusted my cals and excercise is 2 pounds. So be careful maybe add another 20 mins a day to what you are doing for a few days so your body can adjust then add another 20 repeat.. do the same with your cals. My trainer said that I was over trainng and eating more cals with no warning to my body so it just did not react the way one would think. SO I think your goals are not unrealistic just keep in mind you might not get a loss immediatley and instead see a gain so maybe just gradually over the course of say 3 weeks do the increase! BEST of LUCK! :flowerforyou:
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    wow im really suprised to see people saying "you have to be seriously over weight to burn that"

no, you have to be seriously working hard, and you totally can girl! and it would help to monitor your heart rate, there is an awesome free app that you can download with a smart phone that tracks HR, and it works within a point of my super expensive wrist band HRM

if you did 60 minutes of hardcore cardio, i mean like HARDCORE and then 30 minutes of HARDCORE high intensity weights you could easily hit that amount of calories burned

that pizza picture was awesome :)
  • ChantalAguiar
    ChantalAguiar Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    wow im really suprised to see people saying "you have to be seriously over weight to burn that"

no, you have to be seriously working hard, and you totally can girl! and it would help to monitor your heart rate, there is an awesome free app that you can download with a smart phone that tracks HR, and it works within a point of my super expensive wrist band HRM

if you did 60 minutes of hardcore cardio, i mean like HARDCORE and then 30 minutes of HARDCORE high intensity weights you could easily hit that amount of calories burned

I agree with what you said. I do a bootcamp class about 5 times a week and on a good day with a heart rate monitor I can burn upwards of 700 calories in just 60 minutes. My average heart rate during the class is about 160 with a max of 180. So yeah if you kick your own *kitten* HARD CORE then you can totally burn that much in an hour.

I'm 5'5 157lbs
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

What's the name of that app?
  • deksgrl
    Options

The CDC says 2lbs a week is perfectly healthy. Is half a pound really that much more?

Creating a calorie deficit of 1,250 a day is not reasonable, especially as your size shrinks.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

Creating a calorie deficit of 1,250 a day is not reasonable, especially as your size shrinks.

DskGrl, I love you, but I think we're wasting our breath here. You can talk reason to unreasonable people, or make people listen who don't want to...
  • bmstee03
    bmstee03 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Swimming.
  • frenchfacey
    frenchfacey Posts: 237 Member
    Options

What's the name of that app?

the one for iPhone that i use is called Instant Heart Rate- Heart Rate Monitor by Azumio Free

i know there is one for Andriod bc my boyfriend has it and uses it. it also tracks your heart rate input. i check mine a few times a day.

and i also will do them both at the same time and am BLOWN away by the accuracy of the one on the phone. totally ****in blown away.
  • deksgrl
    Options

DskGrl, I love you, but I think we're wasting our breath here. You can talk reason to unreasonable people, or make people listen who don't want to...

At this point the hope is that anyone else reading will see the sense in it. The OP and some others don't want to.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I run hour a day 3-5 days a week and I easily burn 1,000 cal during that run on top of that I am very physically active at work.