is there such thing as a TASTY low calorie beer?

Options
With Summer just bending around the corner (on Van island anyway, sorry for everyone else still dealing with snow ;( ) my fiance and I decided to bbq. I did pretty good with the food (portion controlled it) however I grabbed a beer and typed it in and was DEVASTATED with the amount of calories (I always knew beer and alcoholic had high calorie content, just such a surprise to see the actual number.)

Then my boyfriend mentioned the low cal beer and all I could remember was how gross tasting it was, so does anyone have any suggestions for a tasty low cal beverage? Because there it's seriously nothing better than to kick back with a beer in the sun ;(

Replies

• sheltrk
    sheltrk Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit of a beer snob. When I drink a beer, I want it to taste really, really, good. As such, very rarely touch light beers. That being said, the one light beer I kind of like is Sam Adams Light. 119 calories. Not my first choice for beer, but it tastes pretty good.
  • CouleeRunner
    CouleeRunner Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Molson 67 Sublime beer is my favorite. 67 calories a bottle and a nice crisp citrus taste.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    corona light would be my choice.

besides...it comes with a lime. gettin fruit in while drinking!
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    NO!!!!!

Drink good beer, and work it into your allowance.

Of course, I'm a beer snob too :drinker:
  • knovello82
    knovello82 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Coors Light...haha just kidding
  • Sqeekyjojo
    Sqeekyjojo Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Drink normal beer. Just don't have mayo and cheese with your burger. Or wrap the burger in lettuce rather than a nasty bun.
  • gravysuckingpig
    gravysuckingpig Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Amstel..was introduced to it in the 70s visiting my friend Bill in Belgium before lite beer was invented..
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Bumping :)
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    fORGETT THAT low calorie beer bull****!!! Its just spinning your wheels!! Get a full flavored high Alcohol % beer and enjoy! Otherwise youre gonna drink like 5-6 "low Calorie" beers and get nowhere.
    Now that my friends is EMPTY calories when you cant even catch a buzzzzzzzz

Wattt up whos with me!?!??!?!?!:bigsmile:
  • Marcia661
    Marcia661 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    No unfortunately. I have tried them all :(
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DRINK GOOD BEER!
    THEN GO WORK IT OFF!
  • OkieTink
    OkieTink Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    95 calories in Michelob Ultra, 2.9 carbs. After a few they all taste the same to me =)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Just...NO.

jBC3475.gif
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    NO!!

Just make good craft beer work into your macros. Run around if you have to even, or just drink a yummy beer and deal with it.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't think most low calorie beers taste much worse than light beers in general. They all taste like watery beer. I sometimes prefer them if it's very hot because fuller bodied beers are just too heavy in the heat for my taste. This is the same reason I prefer a light crisp white or sangria over most red wines when it's hot.

It might be easier to give specific suggestions knowing what beers you think taste good.
  • fab50G
    fab50G Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    fORGETT THAT low calorie beer bull****!!! Its just spinning your wheels!! Get a full flavored high Alcohol % beer and enjoy! Otherwise youre gonna drink like 5-6 "low Calorie" beers and get nowhere.

Yeah, what he said! ^^
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

You can catch a buzz off low calorie beer, it just takes longer. This is exactly why I drink Bud Select 55 when throw darts. If I drink the better stuff I get too drunk and by the end of the match I'm hitting the wall (or rather my darts are).
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAlVBipwI5Wcnd0rBu1Kxd0DKGSWLzoaFQ8e5Y1AaZy_7i3FlsDw
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I usually just drink Guinness or Boddington's Pub Ale. That said I will have a MGD 64, miller lite, michelobe ultra or something if I just kinda want the taste but don't have the calories
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Guinness is pretty low cal, true story. I didn't believe it when I first heard it. Plus it has the added bonus for me that it fills me up too much to drink more than about 2 max.