is there such thing as a TASTY low calorie beer?

Options

Replies

• lindsyrox
    lindsyrox Posts: 257 Member
    Options

The person asked for tasty beer. This is something that someone who drinks terrible beer would say.

Some people like the flavor regardless of the buzz and consider it an added bonus, if anything. For those people, how it's broken down is quite different.

In general "Tastey" light beer does not exist.

If you want terrible get drunk fast garbage you drink steel reserve (I highly discourage this as it is disgusting).

My current drink is Rampant IPA from New Belgium, it has flavor and alcohol (8.5% actually!).
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Guinness
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Guinness. I think it's in the 120s calorie-wise.
  • ArchyJill
    ArchyJill Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Look for a European import non-alcocholic beer, they are held to higher standards and have about 50-70 calories. For instance, you can hardly tell the difference between Becks and Becks N.A. Not only do you get lower calories and great beer taste, but you don't get buzzed and then make bad food choices.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Guinness

Calorie: 126
    It is an Irish brand beer. It is also a low calorie beer. Here are few points that why Guinness will not make you fat:
    •The dark color of beer is not that malt is packed in it, they are just roasted. It also has a coffee flavor in it.
    •It has the nitrogen gas in it and not the carbon dioxide that gives a creamy taste while drinking it. This beer tastes lighter than other beers.
    •Their design is such that one can even drink with the bottle. The bottle neck is specially made to drink one after another.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Guiness is about 130 calories. If you are a light beer drinker, some belgians/blonde ales are around that too. Just stay away from the IPAs. :)
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have 1 good quality beer than 3-4 low quality beers. I'm not partying anymore and not looking to drink just to get drunk. So I choose quality over quantity. Same goes for liquor and wine. Just work it into your macros.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    This whole thread is making me cry.

ok 6 light beers at 60 calories = 360
    2 craft beers at 150 - 200 calories (I'll go on the high end) = 400 calories

That's only a 40 calorie difference. Its just not worth it people.

I am going to use this math for everything.

6 Turkey burgers with LF cheese @ 300 cals each is 1800 cals.

1 GIANT BEEFY WONDERFUL 1LB BURGER WITH PEPPERJACK AND BACON AND BBQ SAUCE AND GRILLED ONIONS is 2000 cals.

That is only 200 cal difference.

OMG I AM THIN NOW.

On a side note, I tried Labatt 52, and in general the taste was overall not good. I would have been better off licking the floor of the 7-11 I bought it at.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Sam Adams Light. 119 calories. Tastes better than any Anheuser-Busch non-light beer.
  • mcwebb89
    mcwebb89 Posts: 2
    Options
    Miller 64 is what we drink due to the low calories and it is not high in sodium.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    With Summer just bending around the corner (on Van island anyway, sorry for everyone else still dealing with snow ;( ) my fiance and I decided to bbq. I did pretty good with the food (portion controlled it) however I grabbed a beer and typed it in and was DEVASTATED with the amount of calories (I always knew beer and alcoholic had high calorie content, just such a surprise to see the actual number.)

Then my boyfriend mentioned the low cal beer and all I could remember was how gross tasting it was, so does anyone have any suggestions for a tasty low cal beverage? Because there it's seriously nothing better than to kick back with a beer in the sun ;(

There is a tasty low calorie beer.

It's half a bottle of good beer. That's the best you can do. Beer is starch converted to sugars, those starches and sugars have flavor, the more of those, the more flavorful, the fewer of them, the more like water it is. Just how it is.

Off the top of my head, a 12 ounce Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is sub 180 calories, a 12oz can of soda is 110.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    1. bud select 55
    2,miller gnuine draft64
    3. Busch Light
    Calories: 95
    4. Natural Light
    5. Michelob Ultra
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    busch light
  • mcwebb89
    mcwebb89 Posts: 2
    Options
    Miller 64. only 2 carbs and 64 calories. We love it! :happy:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options

1 GIANT BEEFY WONDERFUL 1LB BURGER WITH PEPPERJACK AND BACON AND BBQ SAUCE AND GRILLED ONIONS is 2000 cals.

OMG I AM THIN NOW.

On a side note, I tried Labatt 52, and in general the taste was overall not good. I would have been better off licking the floor of the 7-11 I bought it at.

You often eat 6 turkey burgers? Wow. Your hyperbole is awesome.

People easily drink 6 "light beers" at a kick, that's why that canned urine comes in racks and party packs.

Conversely, a lot of quality craft beers come in 4 packs.
  • southpaw211
    southpaw211 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I drink Guinness Draught in the winter, and Guinness Black Lager in the summer. So the idea of any kind of light beer totally disgusts me.

Having said that, I will drink the Mich Ultra Light flavored beers in the interest of losing weight. I like to think of them as "not exactly beer". The raspberry pomegranate is tasty enough, for not exactly beer.
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I actually enjoy Miller/MGD 64 and prefer it over everything else, especially when I know how many calories it is. Bud Select 55 was NASTY & I couldn't even drink one can. My problem is it's very hard to find the "64" when you go to a bar. Seems the folks in the Pittsburgh area still think Miller Lite & Coors Light are the preferred... yucko! Although I do end up drinking Coors Light only because the place we go to serves it in very frosty glasses and I LOVE my beer as cold as it can be. BUT I have to alot for those calories & feeling nasty the next day; with the "64", I get to enjoy myself & not be hungover the next day!
  • gallingers06
    gallingers06 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You will find it with glitter unicorns and fairy's. Just enjoy a real beer. :drinker:
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    yes its called Vodka

BOOHYA ..... THIS /| :drinker:

less cals!
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

OMG I AM THIN NOW.

You often eat 6 turkey burgers? Wow. Your hyperbole is awesome.

People easily drink 6 "light beers" at a kick, that's why that canned urine comes in racks and party packs.

Conversely, a lot of quality craft beers come in 4 packs.

I know. The point is you compared 6 beers to 2 beers.

72oz to 24oz.

Calorie for calorie you need to compare the same amounts. If you start fudging the math, you can make anything make sense. Fact is that better beer has more calories, so determine what is more important - taste or calories? Don't make a comparison with two different amounts and say they are basically the same. Hence, my burger analogy. You know when I have to get a marker and a dry erase board and explain this, it isn't anywhere near as fun.

And yes, I can eat 6 hamburgers. That is why I am on this friggin site.