Guys please explain..

Options
Mustang_Susie
Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
...The Male Code of Conduct

When guys are with a group of guys (work, sports etc.), what is the ultimate goal and what do you do/not do to achieve that goal?

How do your brains work?

Is is really all about "winning"? The competitive drive?

And the real point of my post: how does this carry over into your relationship with your wife/girlfriend? Or does it?

Replies

• ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I have no idea. I try to do what is best for me and my family. If there is a male code of conduct, I have no clue what it is, and don't especially care to.
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Oh well just like women men really dont share the code of conduct. There may be bits and pieces but not completely shared.

What is the ultimate goal in a group? well define where the group is at, are they single, age? Like women men bond, we like our man time to do manly things!

how do our brains work? well we are very simplistic to please give us something to eat, something to drink, and sex.

winning is how we are defined by society. You never hear about the guy who won second place. You never hear about the bench warmer, you never hear about quite joe at work. You only hear about the star player, the guy at work that speaks up, the guy that wins.

relationships are vastly different from one another, they are also very different compared to a friendship. Sometimes men wear the pants and sometimes they are whipped.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    How about if a guy feels disrepsected, put down or insulted in front of other guys? (by a guy)
    What response might that evoke?
  • Hike_higher
    Options
    How about if a guy feels disrepsected, put down or insulted in front of other guys? (by a guy)

That type of thing is most likely going to happen in high school or a bar. I don't hang out in either of those places so I don't have to deal with it. I'm man enough to turn the other cheek when I need to ..........but if he were to touch my child ........he'll get his *kitten* handed to him
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I don't even know what you're asking
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    reported for asking to break the bro code.
  • AZ_Gato
    AZ_Gato Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    The ultimate goal is to sit back, talk crap to each other and to simply enjoy not thinking. Some of us, have a world of weight on our shoulders, we have things that need to get fixed or resolved. This time we use to forget about those things.

As for the other question, if you are hanging amongst friends, there are unspoken rules about what you can and can't joke about. If those rules are broken, it's likely to get physical. But you know what? We won't hold a grudge. We will be back to bro love as if it never happened.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    It's a secret.:wink:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Your questions are extremely vague and are all over the board. Completely random, even. All guys are different, there are about a thousand unique answers to your questions. What are you really asking/getting at?
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    we men are still animals, so often it is met with physical force...or with another sharp comment back. However all of this depends on the situation.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    It's a secret.:wink:

I know, believe me, I know...:wink:
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    To win. Keep going until I win.

It's not just a game.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options

It's not just a game.

At what cost?
    Any?
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    *****any bros caught violating rule 1 of the bro code will have their bro card revoked immediately - no access to brotein, broscientology, no broceptions***** \m/
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    400774sw53.gif
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options

Your questions are extremely vague and are all over the board. Completely random, even. All guys are different, there are about a thousand unique answers to your questions. What are you really asking/getting at?

this is my sense, too. "Ultimate goal" - like there is the same "goal" for me every time i hang out with friends? is it the same goal that all other men have?

"what response" might is evoke? from whom? the person being insulted? the other guys witnessing the insulting?

"how to your brains work?" in regards too? do you think they work the same way as one another's, or work the same way in every situation?

i can't begin to answer any of these.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options

It's not just a game.

At what cost?
    Any?

EVERYTHING has a "cost".
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options

It's not just a game.

At what cost?
    Any?

I do not have the authority to answer this.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    So I came into this thread expecting something silly, but I'm scratching my head on this one.

How would you feel if someone asked you about the "Female Code of Conduct"? It's not only a sweeping generalization for our entire gender, but it's not even really something that exists... :tongue:

Physical gender and gender identity / expression are two very different things, anyway.
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    A lot of guys are pretending like they don't know what you're talking about here.

It IS about competition, but also cooperation, and a little bit of sexual tension. In the United States that last part is considered taboo but in most other cultures in the world men are more physically affectionate, dance together, etc.

So when we get together as Men - - it has nothing to do with women and how we are around women has nothing to do with our interactions with men.

If we're on the same team, it's more about cooperation and a little bit about competition with a relatively high amount of sexual tension. If we're on opposing teams, there's a LOT more competition and a pretty high amount of sexual tension. If we aren't engaged in a competitive pursuit like sports but just hanging out at a bar, it's entirely sexual tension.

Any man who disagrees with this is just trying to fool you so you don't know what we ALL really do. Trust me, I've been a man my whole life. The nay-sayers are just so culturally messed up that they can't admit the truth.

With love,
    Burt