VOLUNTEER girls coach was fired last night.

Options
1235»

Replies

• motown13
    motown13 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    NFL players aren't 11.

athletes are athletes, and need to be pushed, not coddled. otherwise, for parents who cant handle a tough coach, girl scouts is a better option... athletes need to be treated as athletes. by 11/12 years old, these girls know the game, and how to play it.

Not in this league, It is a developmental league.

well, in travel ball, believe me, they know the game, and they are there to win, not for play dates.

Well, my other daughter is in travel volleyball, and I have yet to see a coach yell. Personally I think you just like coming across as a hard *kitten*.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    NFL players aren't 11.

athletes are athletes, and need to be pushed, not coddled. otherwise, for parents who cant handle a tough coach, girl scouts is a better option... athletes need to be treated as athletes. by 11/12 years old, these girls know the game, and how to play it. theres nothing wrong with a coach whos hard on his players... parents need to pipe down and let the coaches run the team. if a parent feels their child is being abused, remove your child from the team or ask to be transfered to another team. i prefer the toughest coaches around. the harder my daughters are pushed, the harder they play, and thats what i like to see, and thats how my daughters prefer it as well.

I beg to disagree that by 11/12 the kids should know the game. This season my son (who plays BU11) has 4 out of 9 players on his team playing their first season ever of soccer. Age doesn't mean comprehension; nor does it mean talent.

i know nothing about soccer, never played it, never watched it. i know, that in girls softball, the majority of the girls start young, about 4 or 5. by 11/12, we usually see maybe 2 new girls on a team, the rest are returning players. in travel ball, we see no new players, so... maybe in soccer, you get alot of new comers, but in our leauge, where we live, we have girls leaving surrounding city leauges, coming to our city, because we have such a competative leauge. this season, we have 1 new player on one of my daughters teams, who has never played before. thats it.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    NFL players aren't 11.

athletes are athletes, and need to be pushed, not coddled. otherwise, for parents who cant handle a tough coach, girl scouts is a better option... athletes need to be treated as athletes. by 11/12 years old, these girls know the game, and how to play it.

well, in travel ball, believe me, they know the game, and they are there to win, not for play dates.

Well, my other daughter is in travel volleyball, and I have yet to see a coach yell. Personally I think you just like coming across as a hard *kitten*.

i like coming across as a hard *kitten*? how so? im not a coach... i wish i was, but i dont have time. i just happen to back the idea of tough coaching. do i yeall at my girls? absolutely, everytime they ASK ME to pitch some balls to them and they mess up... but you know what, they take what a say, and fix what they are doing wrong. i happen to appreciate what all my coaches and my parents did for me and my playing skills growing up. theres nothing hard *kitten* about that... it only means that in my family, we appreciate tough coaching, and we welcome that coaching style as a tool to better their skills.

and as for your volleyball comment, i cant comment on that, ive never played volleyball, and never watched it be played, so, i have nothing to say about the dynamics of that game.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    NFL players aren't 11.

athletes are athletes, and need to be pushed, not coddled. otherwise, for parents who cant handle a tough coach, girl scouts is a better option... athletes need to be treated as athletes. by 11/12 years old, these girls know the game, and how to play it. theres nothing wrong with a coach whos hard on his players... parents need to pipe down and let the coaches run the team. if a parent feels their child is being abused, remove your child from the team or ask to be transfered to another team. i prefer the toughest coaches around. the harder my daughters are pushed, the harder they play, and thats what i like to see, and thats how my daughters prefer it as well.
    CHILDREN are CHILDREN. They don't need to be screamed at in public or in private.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    NFL players aren't 11.

i like coming across as a hard *kitten*? how so? im not a coach... i wish i was, but i dont have time. i just happen to back the idea of tough coaching. do i yeall at my girls? absolutely, everytime they ASK ME to pitch some balls to them and they mess up... but you know what, they take what a say, and fix what they are doing wrong. i happen to appreciate what all my coaches and my parents did for me and my playing skills growing up. theres nothing hard *kitten* about that... it only means that in my family, we appreciate tough coaching, and we welcome that coaching style as a tool to better their skills.

and as for your volleyball comment, i cant comment on that, ive never played volleyball, and never watched it be played, so, i have nothing to say about the dynamics of that game.

My son's rugby coach walks with a permanent limp from the game, and still has his sons playing. Trust me, he is a hard *kitten*. Does he push the kids in practice? Certainly. Has he ever yelled at a kid and humiliated him during a game? Never.
    That's not coaching. That's abuse.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    NFL players aren't 11.

My son's rugby coach walks with a permanent limp from the game, and still has his sons playing. Trust me, he is a hard *kitten*. Does he push the kids in practice? Certainly. Has he ever yelled at a kid and humiliated him during a game? Never.
    That's not coaching. That's abuse.

QFT.
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    there is a huge difference between being stern and trying to get your players full potential realized and what that "coach" from rutgers did
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    warn-softball-momth.jpg