Replies

• Bounce2
    Bounce2 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send this particular devil to my house :devil: :laugh:
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    Cashews WERE the devil. Then I played this fiddle jam, and they quit.

Now, it's Pinterest. Ir doesn't even respond to fiddling, either.
  • Beastette
    Options
    I've been eating this Cashew Chicken for lunch all week, http://myfridgefood.com/viewrecipe.php?recipe=20547

So good. Love cashews!

YUM! Thanks for posting this! added it to my Pinterest board!

Another fallen soul.
  • Beastette
    Options

It's actually ridiculously easy to make your own nut milks.

Just quoted because I couldn't let this slide. Carry on.
  • sdbart
    sdbart Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Warning: Do not Google Image search "Cashew Devil"

I did... and now I am so craving something with cashews in it... and something called a Dimer Devil :laugh:
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Cashews are wonderful, peanuts are bad for you - I discovered as a five year old that they fit perfectly up your nostrils....

Not one of my smartest experiments!!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Satan is the Devil. Cashews are nuts.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    cashew butter is like cocaine and it's the devil because it's like $11 a jar here :sad:
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    satansnuts.jpg
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

Thank-you :happy:
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    satansnuts.jpg

LOL this is WIN!
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

Thank-you :happy:

I didn't even mention the nut bag that I squeeze to make the milk come out. :laugh:
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    People get freaked out by fat because of course fat will make you fat

(people...... :noway:)
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    People who eat nuts twice a week are much less likely to gain weight than those who rarely eat nuts. Cashew nuts are indeed relatively high in fat, but it is considered "good fat." This is attributable to the ideal fat ratio in the nut, 1:2:1 for saturated, monounsaturated, and polyunsaturated, respectively, which is recommended by scientists for tip-top health. Cashew nuts contain less fat than most other popular nuts, including peanuts, pecans, almonds and walnuts. They are dense in energy and high in dietary fiber, making them a very valuable snack for managing weight gain.
    Good for Nerves, Bone Health, Hair and Skin
    So eat up
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Satan is the Devil. Cashews are nuts.

Also ^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    No but pistachios are.....lol. I have to measure and put the rest far far away.
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    Cashews are creamy goodness with a salty covering...:smooched: :heart: :devil: Therefore some people, like me, have a very hard time just eating the serving size of them...

isnt the servign size as many as I can possibly shove into my body without them coming back up? oh wait. thats the problem....
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    What's the story behind the Cashew hating? They seem to be almost exactly the same as Almonds, but everyone says that Almonds are good for you when you are losing weight but Cashews are bad. What's up with that?

Who is saying cashews are bad? Everyone knows it's peanuts that are bad for health not cashews

haters_gonna_hate_mr_peanut_by_hackysacfail-d46n6im_zpsd8dfa539.jpg
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I love cashews, but they might be the devil.

They are at least VERY weird...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cashew
    in the botanical sense the nut of the cashew is a seed. The seed is surrounded by a double shell containing an allergenic phenolic resin, anacardic acid, a potent skin irritant chemically related to the better-known allergenic oil urushiol which is also a toxin found in the related poison ivy. Properly roasting cashews destroys the toxin, but it must be done outdoors as the smoke (not unlike that from burning poison ivy) contains urushiol droplets which can cause severe, sometimes life-threatening, reactions by irritating the lungs.
    The shell of the cashew nut is toxic, which is why the cashew is shelled before it is sold to consumers.
    The cashew nut can also be harvested in its tender form, when the shell has not hardened and is green in color. The shell is soft and can be cut with a knife and the kernel extracted, but it is still corrosive at this stage, so gloves are required.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Maybe someone already said this. But, I think it's because people like raw nuts and cashews need to be heated up to remove them from the shell. That's all I got. I don't know. People latch onto things and rumors start. Rumors. Lot's of food rumors.