My story of sweet revenge (pics)

Replies

• Kerriann1083
    Kerriann1083 Posts: 54 Member
    Wow... That's so awesome!!
  • ChloeJames120
    ChloeJames120 Posts: 4 Member
    So inspiring I'm feeling really disheartened at the moment with my weight loss, I feel like I'm going it alone and feels like no one is supporting me but to see that you done it on your own makes me feel more positive x
  • ChoctawBeast
    ChoctawBeast Posts: 6 Member
    Well done
  • you look great! very inspiring!
  • You look amazing! Great inspiration
  • jalix7419
    jalix7419 Posts: 14 Member
    You look amazing!!!!
  • Andinoli
    Andinoli Posts: 6 Member
    Wow, just wow!!
  • mariagfonseca
    mariagfonseca Posts: 11 Member
    You look awsome :D
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    You're awesome!
  • mbcaldwell123
    mbcaldwell123 Posts: 79 Member
    3 words for you. . . . . . YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I lied, my story really isn't about revenge. But, it started out that way.

In 2010 my life hit a very low point. I weighed 217 pounds and my husband wanted a divorce. The entire four year marriage had been rough, so divorce was a bit of a relief. The downside of that was having to move across the country and back into my parent's house with two children under the age of two. Being unemployed, a disabled vet, a newly single mom and being fat sucked.

I decided to get revenge on my ex by losing weight and looking super hot. I failed.

It wasn't until I just got tired of being fat that I started making the changes that made a difference. Eating well, working out and learning to just love myself. It was no longer about revenge, it was about taking care of me.

Tomorrow marks a significant point in my life. It marks three years of being single and my first bodybuilding competition. In total I've lost 70 pounds. As a single parent with a full time job and my own little house to take care of I have found a way to get a degree and get in shape all at the same time. I have tons of legitimate excuses to why I can't or don't have the time to eat right and workout. If you want it bad enough you WILL find a way!

SpringBreakOregonCoast2009032.jpg
    255266_3636093856142_1148921215_n.jpg
    BeforeP90X001.jpg
    2012-10-09_12-14-28_475.jpg
    da047170-94ca-4408-880c-63f6db05e7cb_zpsb1f1fd5d.jpg
    a3a1401a-4978-4956-9add-6b4a0018dc26_zpsd044a55c.jpg

**ETA: Workouts, I just lift heavy and do little cardio. Eating is TDEE-20% and IIFYM (with macros set correctly for my goals).

Update as of October 2014- Since my original story I have competed in two bodybuilding competitions, placing second and first respectively, as well as two powerlifting competitions, one of which set a world record for deadlift for my weight class. I continue to workout and balance the fun things in life with maintaining fat loss.

*For those of you who have been asking, I wrote a guide on how I lost the weight. You can find it here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Wouldn't have mattered really if you did do this out of revenge, whatever motivates you is a useful mental tool. I'm not a believer in all this 'negativity being bad for you' stuff. Sounds to me like getting him out of your life was a huge boost for you. My motivation back at the end of 2011 was purely feeling so *kitten* about life and failing at everything I wanted to be good at something and change the one thing I felt I had any control over. Initially that was my motivation, then it developed into more positive motivation. So negativity leads to positivity. Great job!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I lied, my story really isn't about revenge. But, it started out that way.

In 2010 my life hit a very low point. I weighed 217 pounds and my husband wanted a divorce. The entire four year marriage had been rough, so divorce was a bit of a relief. The downside of that was having to move across the country and back into my parent's house with two children under the age of two. Being unemployed, a disabled vet, a newly single mom and being fat sucked.

I decided to get revenge on my ex by losing weight and looking super hot. I failed.

It wasn't until I just got tired of being fat that I started making the changes that made a difference. Eating well, working out and learning to just love myself. It was no longer about revenge, it was about taking care of me.

Tomorrow marks a significant point in my life. It marks three years of being single and my first bodybuilding competition. In total I've lost 70 pounds. As a single parent with a full time job and my own little house to take care of I have found a way to get a degree and get in shape all at the same time. I have tons of legitimate excuses to why I can't or don't have the time to eat right and workout. If you want it bad enough you WILL find a way!

SpringBreakOregonCoast2009032.jpg
    255266_3636093856142_1148921215_n.jpg
    BeforeP90X001.jpg
    2012-10-09_12-14-28_475.jpg
    da047170-94ca-4408-880c-63f6db05e7cb_zpsb1f1fd5d.jpg
    a3a1401a-4978-4956-9add-6b4a0018dc26_zpsd044a55c.jpg

**ETA: Workouts, I just lift heavy and do little cardio. Eating is TDEE-20% and IIFYM (with macros set correctly for my goals).

Update as of October 2014- Since my original story I have competed in two bodybuilding competitions, placing second and first respectively, as well as two powerlifting competitions, one of which set a world record for deadlift for my weight class. I continue to workout and balance the fun things in life with maintaining fat loss.

*For those of you who have been asking, I wrote a guide on how I lost the weight. You can find it here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

Wouldn't have mattered really if you did do this out of revenge, whatever motivates you is a useful mental tool. I'm not a believer in all this 'negativity being bad for you' stuff. Sounds to me like getting him out of your life was a huge boost for you. My motivation back at the end of 2011 was purely feeling so *kitten* about life and failing at everything I wanted to be good at something and change the one thing I felt I had any control over. Initially that was my motivation, then it developed into more positive motivation. So negativity leads to positivity. Great job!

To me it wasn't about negativity. It was about who has the power. By wanting revenge on him I was saying that he held power over me. I slowly took that power back and made this entire thing about me. Now I know that nobody else is in charge of or the reason for me being where I am, that was all me.
  • You are a great inspiration for all of us and for your children too. btw, it DOES feel great when they see us now! hahaha. You go girl!
  • Fatimaamel78
    Fatimaamel78 Posts: 1 Member
    Thank you for sharing
    U look gr8
  • VickiLee45
    VickiLee45 Posts: 451 Member
    this is very inspirational! Thanks for sharing!
  • shweta156
    shweta156 Posts: 23 Member
    you have inspired me!!! Kudos to you!!!
  • AmberLeeMichigan
    AmberLeeMichigan Posts: 38 Member
    You look awesome!!
  • keelz2010
    keelz2010 Posts: 182
    Amazing transformation, you've just given me a boost, I want to look this good!
  • That inspired me. Thanks for sharing.
  • conbi
    conbi Posts: 12 Member
    I actually cried, what an amazing story to share. You've given me hope and motivation when I needed it most, thank you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!