My Online BF Dumped Me Because I'm Fat :( :( :(

Options

Replies

• gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I met my boyfriend of four years online, and we live together now. Online/long-distance relationships can work out, but you have to be super careful.

That being said, be thankful you didn't end up with this man. He sounds like a nutcase.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    First of all, is this even real? There are SO many things in this story that don't make sense. He's in the military, but overweight? No... He was running so fast you couldn't catch him? What?? And you brought your own vodka to a restaurant? Ok, maybe that's a real thing, but not where I'm from.

Then there's this:
    It just kills me that this man I care so much about and love so much is rejecting me because I am overweight. When he himself is overweight. And his entire family is overweight too. It's in their genes. His sisters and mom and dad are all over 300 pounds.

He refused to give explanation as to why he wanted to end things.

If he refused to give you an explanation, how do you know it has anything to do with your weight?

Exactly the reason why I am here ASKING STRANGERS FOR ADVICE. I assumed it was my weight because what else could be the reason? We were happy that night, even when he was crying, he kissed me. Then after a few minutes, he wanted to go and looked like he wanted to go alone, without me. Then he RAN AWAY FAST.

Maybe you had cilantro in your teeth?
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    rebelate has the best ticker ever! haha

Grumpy cat sums up my feelings! Hahaha. Thank you. :blushing:

I love cats, but I'm sorry. My ticker is definitely better.

Add a cat chasing the donut, and I think yours will be the best of them all.

THAT'S WHAT I WANTED TO DO! MFP WON'T LET ME!
    Stupid preset ticker icons...

...or wait... give me 5 minutes

OOOOOH, I'll be waiting. :devil:

Sorry it took more than 5 minutes to find a suitable photo.
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I'm with the he has world class issues folks. It's time to cut your losses and move on. *HUGS*
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    7 pages later, the OP only came back to state that it was a Metallica song.

LMFAO
    I'd freak out and cry too if my SO chose a Metalica song for us. Not very romantic!! Unless you like old 80s metal songs to "cuddle" too. LMAO still

What bar/lounge singer would be singing metallica? If the story didn't convince you of a troll, the song choice should

Um, there are Metallica songs covered on the xylophone for babies. Also, I've heard lizard-lounge covers of Metallica songs, so it is possible.........so a song choice automatically equals lying now?

Wow.....

ok....jeez louise.....I think there should be a physician on mfp to hand out chill pills to the intense ones

I'm chilled. Actually quite chilled because I have the AC on. But yea, you would be surprised how many heavy metal songs are covered by non-heavy metal people. I'm tempted to learn the ukulele and cover some thrash metal. lol

Maybe you weren't understanding my visual, because I actually like when people take rock songs and transform them into something else, but im talking about like a **** Cheese (gross name, look him up online) version of the song and it just made my laugh out loud literally. And I could just see this weirdo crying at the bar while this guy was singing enter sandman and running away with her chasing after him, weaving in and out of the tables

Maybe he saw the music video for Enter Sandman once and it scared him.......It was a semi-disturbing video. Not nearly as disturbing as a Tool music video, but pretty close. lol
  • TheWiseCat
    Options
    First of all, is this even real? There are SO many things in this story that don't make sense. He's in the military, but overweight? No... He was running so fast you couldn't catch him? What?? And you brought your own vodka to a restaurant? Ok, maybe that's a real thing, but not where I'm from.

Then there's this:
    It just kills me that this man I care so much about and love so much is rejecting me because I am overweight. When he himself is overweight. And his entire family is overweight too. It's in their genes. His sisters and mom and dad are all over 300 pounds.

If he refused to give you an explanation, how do you know it has anything to do with your weight?

Exactly the reason why I am here ASKING STRANGERS FOR ADVICE. I assumed it was my weight because what else could be the reason? We were happy that night, even when he was crying, he kissed me. Then after a few minutes, he wanted to go and looked like he wanted to go alone, without me. Then he RAN AWAY FAST.

I don't feel like you came here to give serious advice.
  • KateBarnhart85
    KateBarnhart85 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    ou just said he never explained himself so why do you think its cause your fat... if he started acting this way AFTER you went away for a few mins how do you know a friend or relative of his wife didn't confront or threaten him? I didn't read all the comments left before I posted this. but was just curious as to WHY you felt it was because of your weight....
  • TheWiseCat
    Options
    Everyone in an internet relationship is in a waiting game.
    Waiting to see which one lets their true self out first and kills the other.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Omg this thread is killing me....like a train wreck...
  • letitshine
    letitshine Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    His email on April 23:

Im sorry for calling security but u should have really let me go and deal with this on my own. The fact u were chasing me scared me as any man. I never been chased like that before.
    Stop saying u will not recover. There is only one choice in life and that is to go up and stop bringing yourself down. I don't want to date seriously for awhile. I will just wait for a sign thats its time. I will prob go to boracay r bohol to just do homework an hang out at the beach.
    Good luck and get stronger. Stop looking for Mr. Perfect, cause u really asked alot of me. Just FYI. And keep going ot the gym. Im actually gonna try to lose weight myself cause now i have all these mirrors in the hotel and I dont like being this big. Hard to even find a pair of shorts my size.
    We can keep in email contact and stuff.

That was his email which I didn't answer. So he sent this at like 3 in the morning the next day:

hey, i hope u are ok.Not sure how to deal with this.Gonna leave here soon. maybe bora or go on a mini tour. just hope u are ok

He's an illiterate jerk and you deserve better. I don't think his behavior had anything to do with your weight. I like how another MFPer put it: "he's given you a gift: upwrap that baby and RUN THE OTHER WAY". I've been there (sort of) and I know it's easier said than done. But you'll be glad in the long run to be rid of him. Just focus on yourself.

Good luck <3
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    He seems like a wackjob. He did you a favor. Appreciate it.
    This

and very much this....
    i seen no part of that story that had anything to do with him rejecting you because of your weight.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Wow.... That is cruel... please know its not you... it is more the fact that he is unsure of himself and the place you ate triggered some feelings he had forgotten...You are a person and you will get through this...
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options

Then there's this:

Can anyone take this serious? Honestly....if it was a real issue she would be talking to friends and family about how her internet boyfriend threw up all over her and ran away, not complete strangers. This is a thread that was created by someone to pass time, or maybe if they aren't a troll, but a real person, to have strangers tell them positive things about themselves to make them feel better. The story is way to elaborate and detailed to be true.I'm no internet expert....but just my opinion
  • TheWinman
    TheWinman Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Omg this thread is killing me....like a train wreck...

So true, but we keep watching
  • wardamn3agle
    Options
    I thought i'd stop reading after "My online BF"

but, I really stopped reading it after "He's an American soldier who is in Afghanistan. I thought what we had was real. He was also overweight, 5'5" and about 250-260 lbs."

I don't believe this. He doesn't meet the Height/Weight requirements for a deployment.
  • spacemuffins
    Options
    I can't look away from this thread...... I haven't blinked in 7 minutes.

same
  • NYactor1
    NYactor1 Posts: 9,642 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with iWaffle on this one....are you sure you requested the right song? What song was it? I could see him believing the relationship is doomed if you messed up his song request. It is possible it's not your fault - maybe the DJ was tipsy too, and messed up the request. In that case, I think you two should be able to patch things up.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Hey guys.

So I had been in a relationship with a man I met online. We had been together for a year. We talked everyday, Skype 24/7. He's an American soldier who is in Afghanistan. I thought what we had was real. He was also overweight, 5'5" and about 250-260 lbs. I had always told him my weight has always been an issue for me. I am now a little over a hundred pounds over weight than my ideal weight since I broke my leg 6 years ago. He knew this and said it didn't matter because he loved me for my heart and mind and other things he never saw in other women. He's been married to a woman from my country and 2 months after the marriage, he found out he was cheating. He gave her a chance but after a few more months he found out she had 3 more affairs and at that point, she couldn't leave the guy. So he dumped her but was never divorced as there is no divorce in my country (they got married here).

So anyway, we had been planning to see each other for months. Everything was settled. I had packed my bags to be with him at the condo where he was supposed to stay, which is next to where I work.

So last Friday (April 19), I picked him up at the airport. He was warm and looked so happy. He said he wanted to take a shower at the hotel first, where he was staying for the first night. So I drove him to his hotel and I waited in the car. 10 mins and he came down then we head over to a restaurant to have dinner. Weeks before this, he was telling me to bring a bottle of vodka with me and then we'd have bottomless margaritas at the restaurant. So I did bring a bottle of vodka then ordered bottomless margaritas for both of us. We spent hours at the restaurant eating and drinking. Everything was going well. We kept hugging each other. We kissed when we were tipsy. I thought everything was good.

Then before midnight, he asked me to request a song for the singer at the restaurant to sing. So I did, then I went to the restroom. When I came back, I saw him crying. His tears were falling unstoppably. So I got worried. I hugged him and wiped his tears and asked what was wrong. I thought maybe he remembered his wedding day. Because the last time he came here was when he got married. I hugged him and he rested his head on my chest. I kept wiping his tears and kissing his head. I felt so bad. Then after a few minutes he said he wanted to go back to the hotel. He was walking so fast so I felt he had no plans of taking me with him. I ran after him and asked what was wrong and asked him if he could sit down first. He did and then he said he was gonna throw up. He did throw up all over me and himself. I cleaned him up first and made him drink water. Then he said he needed wet wipes. I told him to wait for me and I was just gonna get my bag cuz I had wet wipes in there. So I went back inside the restaurant and got my bag, when I went out I saw him running so fast. So I ran after him, worried that he didn't know what he was doing and the cab driver might take him somewhere and mug him. He went into a cab, I did too. Inside the cab he was telling me to get out. I was shocked. I asked, what's going on. He then started yelling, he said, "GET THE F**K OUT!" I just stayed there in shock. So he went out and called the cops which was parked outside my gym. Then he told them, "get that f**king ***** away from me. I don't know her. She's been following me." The cops asked if that was true. So I showed them our pictures together that night. The cops told me maybe he got so drunk and blacked out and didn't know what he was doing. They adviced me to just follow him til he gets to the hotel just to make sure he's safe. So I did. When he reached the hotel, he saw me in the other cab and started yelling again. I was also tipsy that night so I wasn't thinking right. He went inside the hotel and I followed him (I don't know why I did. I should have just left:( ) At the lobby, he made a scene. Yelling me, cursing at me, calling me names. Then he told security "get that f**king ***** away from me. She's a crazy b**ch!" They held my 2 hands like I committed a heinous crime. I felt so bad for myself so I said, "you know what, nevermind" Then I left.

I went home and felt sorry for myself. But I started thinking, maybe he didn't know what he was doing. So I decided to wait til the next day. Afternoon and I still hadn't heard from him so I called the hotel. They said he was in there but not answering. I called again after 2 hours because I was worried something might had happened to him. They told me the same. So I told them to please check on him as he was so drunk the previous night. The hotel manager told me they would go check him out. After an hour, he emailed me saying he was so drunk and never got drunk like that before. But he never apologized. I told him he left his iphone in my bag and whenever he feels better we could meet up so I could give him back his phone and to talk about why he did that to me. He told me, "I don't wanna meet up with you. I don't wanna see you again. Please just leave my phone at the front desk."

It broke my heart. I feel rejected. I made plans with this man and I thought what we had was something greater than this. We promised to take care of each other and not leave each other NO MATTER WHAT. I focused my life on him, he was my priority. :( It just kills me that this man I care so much about and love so much is rejecting me because I am overweight. When he himself is overweight. And his entire family is overweight too. It's in their genes. His sisters and mom and dad are all over 300 pounds.

He refused to give explanation as to why he wanted to end things. He still emails me and says he hopes I'm okay but I don't reply to him anymore. I was so excited for his vacation that I lost 30 lbs in 1 month. I would go to the gym everyday and only ate veggies and fruits. Now I feel so down, I haven't gone back to work or gym. It kills me as well knowing he is staying in a hotel 10 mins from where I live but he doesn't want to see me. :(

Please help because I am starting to lose my mind. He keeps saying I have a good heart and he hopes I find the happiness I deserve. But if he really thinks that, then why did he end things with me? :(

I have two general observations I will share when I see a post THIIIIIIIS long to explain anything.

First, the real issue is probably a short singluar sentence in that whole mess of words. The rest is justifucation or enabling of some sort.

Second, with that much justification and enabling the answer is usually really cut and dry.

Good luck.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Huh? ... Why would you want to be with this guy in the first place?

If you never got an explanation it sounds like YOU are the only one that thinks he dumped you because you are fat. Not him.

He probably was embarrassed and didn't want to see you again because of his behavior.

I wouldn't take it personally.. just keep moving on. Sounds like you could do better anyway.
  • TheWiseCat
    Options

Then there's this:

Can anyone take this serious? Honestly....if it was a real issue she would be talking to friends and family about how her internet boyfriend threw up all over her and ran away, not complete strangers. This is a thread that was created by someone to pass time, or maybe if they aren't a troll, but a real person, to have strangers tell them positive things about themselves to make them feel better. The story is way to elaborate and detailed to be true.I'm no internet expert....but just my opinion

The last few times that I threw up on my dates, they were noticeably bothered by it. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they vented about it online. The last time I did it, the girl wouldn't even get me a wet wipe. What nerve...
This discussion has been closed.