Co-workers that like to bring food to work

Options
1235»

Replies

• Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I'm sure their intentions are well :) Just politely say no or if they leave you sweets, just ask the next person you see if they would like your share. Or make suggestions for other food to bring to work?

We have treat day at work which is usually candy which I tend to avoid. But the last treat day the woman who took it over made cheesecake. I felt so guilty taking even a small slice until 15 minutes later when she explained how everything she put in it was as low calorie/ low fat as she could find :) She knew a few of us watch what we eat and decided to try her best to accommodate for that :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Temptation is a chance to show your strength...or have a cookie and workout more. Your choice.
  • luckyshilling
    Options
    This happens all the time at my office. A few times a month someone will bring in a bunch of cookies or doughnuts for everyone. It used to not be a big deal because everyone ate it. Now, however, more people than not are making better choices and try to avoid eating a bunch of sweets. The sweets keep appearing even though it has been said that people don't want them. I don't have a problem with it because I genuinely don't like sweets, but I feel bad for the people who struggle to maintain their willpower.

I'm the same way. i don't really care much for sweets either. I really think that those who suffer from chocolate/sweet addictions really feel that others have the same love for the stuff as they do. Now, salty snacks....................that's my achilles heel.

If people brought in chips and dip I would be screwed, but I don't dig sweets so it isn't so bad. Also, no one leaves a slice of cake or cookies on my desk anymore cuz everyone knows now I throw away stuff left there for me if I didn't ask for it.

That may be a jerk move, but, yeah, I don't care.
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    This happens all the time at my office. A few times a month someone will bring in a bunch of cookies or doughnuts for everyone. It used to not be a big deal because everyone ate it. Now, however, more people than not are making better choices and try to avoid eating a bunch of sweets. The sweets keep appearing even though it has been said that people don't want them. I don't have a problem with it because I genuinely don't like sweets, but I feel bad for the people who struggle to maintain their willpower.

I'm the same way. i don't really care much for sweets either. I really think that those who suffer from chocolate/sweet addictions really feel that others have the same love for the stuff as they do. Now, salty snacks....................that's my achilles heel.

If people brought in chips and dip I would be screwed, but I don't dig sweets so it isn't so bad. Also, no one leaves a slice of cake or cookies on my desk anymore cuz everyone knows now I throw away stuff left there for me if I didn't ask for it.

That may be a jerk move, but, yeah, I don't care.

I hear you but I really don't like wasting food. Last time they did it, I simply gave it away. When I used to work downtown and had to work late, on my way to my car, I gave a hunk of chocolate cake to some homeless dude. Yeah, I know I was violating a city ordinance but the mayor can kiss my butt. When people are starving I try to help them out. See, I'm not the mean a-hole people are making me out to be. lol
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Temptation is a chance to show your strength...or have a cookie and workout more. Your choice.

People always seem to think I'll just have a cookie and workout more later...me, I'm ****ing lazy. That's why I'm fat. I would so much rather avoid the bad food than have to workout even more because I had 140 empty calories. 140 cals is easy to consume, but takes more than a few extra minutes to burn off.
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Just fart every time they offer you something.

"Hey, want some cake?"

"No, thanks. phhhbbbbbbtttt!"
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Our office is terrible. They are always finding things to celebrate, Krispy Kreme donuts at least once per week, monthly birthday cake, bbqs, etc. Our wellness committee organized a healthy potluck so that employees could share recipes, try new foods, etc and no one wanted to do it!
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    The holidays are when it gets bad at my office. I have been really lucky since the first of the year, and most people in my office are motivated and trying to lose weight. The best way to deal with those bringing you food is directly. You have a piece of cheesecake left on your desk, take it to the person who brought it to you...directly tell them, thanks but no thanks, and I would appreciate you not doing this in the future.... You might get better results than suttle hints.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I love coworkers that bring food to work! A little treat brightens my day <3
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I take no issue with it.
    If I plan on going to the gym that day, I'll have some of what is offered.

If I don't, I say no thank you. They know I try to stay in shape so they don't really question it.

They might laugh at me, but I don't care.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    They are trying to be nice. I would rather have something offered to me and have the chance to say no instead of nobody offering (or inviting). It IS hard not to give in to temptation. Maybe you can bring a healthy snack and offer to share.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    If treats are brought to work, I may or may not indulge but I just have to log it on MFP. I just hope that all the donuts are gone before I go for my second cup of coffee. Several of us pitch in for crock pot cooking at work - it's cheap, tasty and generally pretty healthy. This has saved me from trips to Jack in the Box or Carl's Jr. Edited to add that we chopped up a pineapple for an afternoon treat - it was well received.