Husband's attitude

Options

Replies

• onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    My problem with this is that if it was me sitting across the table from a Pizza Hut stuffed cheese pizza and all that, not only would I be dying to have it, but I'd say F It and have the large coke, too. I'm a food addict and Pizza Hut is the perfect storm of sugar, salt, fat and spice. And believe me, I would not have stopped at one piece. My mouth is watering right now.

I would have to have learned from that encounter and picked the restaurant next time.

I have to do what's good for me. I'm not going to have another cigarette (former smoker) or neck in the dark with a stranger. I'm past that. Open up those doors and sometimes there's no turning back.

When I regained, it was from a small slip. But I put on ten pounds a month. I was injured, couldn't work out and got into comfort foods. 121 pounds back on my butt.

Yeah. Keep yer pizza, pizza breath and I'll let you keep your teeth. :D
  • onwarddownward
    Options
    By the way, I think I'm married to your husband!
  • marygee1951
    marygee1951 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    You've lost 106 pounds. I'm sure you've handled similar issues along the way. Either eat before or do the best you can at the restaurant. I can't see bringing food in with you.

I've had issues with SO along the way too (I've lost more than the 7 lbs. posted on my ticker). I've had SO problems since the beginning. I've told him I'm happy to make whatever he wants to eat - but I'm going to eat what I need to in order to reach my goal. Like you I don't do cheat days per se - but there are occasions when I go over my daily allotment. As long as it's only occasionally, it's not the end of the world.

Don't let it ruin the evening.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Pizza...protein, carbs and fat.

Or in other words, bread, cheese, veggies, and meat (for the non-vegetarians).

Sounds pretty healthy to me. So what's the problem? Especially if it is in moderation?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Um, get your *kitten* together, eat a piece of pizza, and be hungry for the night. You're being a drama queen and your husband is being reasonable. I don't see the dilemma here.

It's reasonable to threaten to cancel the meal just because she wants to eat a salad instead of pizza is it? I do hope you're joking.

Yep.

Strangers on the internetz fighting it out over a disagreement between a married couple over the Choice. Of. Restaurant. FFS

Here's some vocabulary words to throw at each other: Sabotage, Just, Break, Up, Abuse, Controlling, Bullying, Supportive, and Rage Quit.

You see it here folks. On MFP.

And they say marriage fails because of communication. I guess when you bring in strangers into a situation..it just makes things that much better. [/sarcasm]
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    By the way, I think I'm married to your husband!

If this is (literally) true, there are more serious problems here than pizza for dinner.

:laugh:

:flowerforyou:
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

Sounds pretty healthy to me. So what's the problem? Especially if it is in moderation?

When all of those things are put together in the form of pizza, the very fact that it is pizza obliterates all of the nutrients... especially if it's from an evil corporation like Pizza Hut.

I thought you knew these things...
  • onwarddownward
    Options
    The way they butter the crust just destroys the nutritional qualities. Guess what I'm having for dinner???

Not.

I hate food. And now I'm hungry.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Um, get your *kitten* together, eat a piece of pizza, and be hungry for the night. You're being a drama queen and your husband is being reasonable. I don't see the dilemma here.

Ummm no he's not being reasonable. What in the hell will it hurt to stop and get a salad on the way? The dilemma is she doesn't want to eat the damn pizza and I say good for her. She has a goal and she wants to meet it. He should support that and her. When that goal is so close you can touch it and to have it pulled out from under you because hubby is being unreasonable on what she wants. I for would say fine I'll eat before I go and you can sit there and enjoy your food and I'll eat nothing. Or I'd cook my own food and take it, problem solved. But I would NOT give in and eat the pizza

Totally agree with this!

The solution: some respect from the husband and pick another restaurant where everybody can eat the food.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

When all of those things are put together in the form of pizza, the very fact that it is pizza obliterates all of the nutrients... especially if it's from an evil corporation like Pizza Hut.

I thought you knew these things...

tumblr_lwc45aCLoG1qlyen0.gif
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    The way they butter the crust just destroys the nutritional qualities. Guess what I'm having for dinner???

Not.

I hate food. And now I'm hungry.

So now fats like butter have no nutritional value... I suppose I should just stop eating fats!

and then I would die. Thanks for playing!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    It's not all about you and four piddly pounds. Go out to dinner with your family, drop the drama ( your hubby is being childish, but both of you are at fault here.) Eat a snack before you go, and if you don't have the willpower to stop at one slice,work it off later, or take a week or two longer for those last four pounds ....I'll bet your hubby is tired of all the obsessing about calories, portion size, all that. Don't make the rest of the family feel bad....because the message you are sending is that your diet is more important to you than they are.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    id eat the pizza and make tomorrow a better day" i do not like causing drama especially when the plans were already made. pack your own salad.
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My advice to you is to tell your husband in a very kind manner "Thank you for sharing your point of view" and then you should proceed to exercise your choice... if he doesn't want to stop at subway... then you will always have something at home if there is nothing for you at the pizza joint. One thing I've learned in my experience of insensitive people is that you will never be able to convince them against their will because it is very important to them to be right. Let them be right! Acknowledge them and then proceed ... Remember ... your point of view is the most important to you. :smile: :smile: :wink: Do what you gotta do!
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    It's not all about you and four piddly pounds. Go out to dinner with your family, drop the drama ( your hubby is being childish, but both of you are at fault here.) Eat a snack before you go, and if you don't have the willpower to stop at one slice,work it off later, or take a week or two longer for those last four pounds ....I'll bet your hubby is tired of all the obsessing about calories, portion size, all that. Don't make the rest of the family feel bad....because the message you are sending is that your diet is more important to you than they are.

NeNe-Leakes-Bam-Gif.gif
  • a_certain_shade_of_green
    Options
    dude needs to chill

Tell him if he can't behave like a grown up, you'll go to dinner with your daughter and her SO without his *kitten*.

i dont need to read the rest of this thread to know that this is the best response :]
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

Maybe he is frustrated that you can't just have a quick, nice lunch with the family without having to pay attention to calories all the time. I would understand that if that is the case. I would go crazy if my SO would constantly be talking/counting calories and we couldn't just go for a quick bite or enjoy some Micky D's or Chinese without me thinking about how many calories I'll be consuming.

^^This was my initial thought--he's annoyed that you can't just go to the pizza place without being concerned with calorie counting, diet, etc.

I think eating a slice of the pizza and having a salad is a good compromise. I don't like to be the weirdo at a social gathering not eating, or bringing food from outside. Sometimes I have to, but if it's possible to NOT do that, I'd much rather just go with the flow. See if you can work something out. Perhaps there's some better choice as far as the pizzas are concerned? I don't know. I'd just try to figure a way to make it work for you and for the husband, so your diet isn't the focus of the evening.

This!! for sure!!

I am sure your husband is super proud of your weight loss, but there are times when you have to go out and not worry?

No one is forcing you to eat 2 or 3 slices of pizza?

Just eat 1 slice and make it last and enjoy your time out x
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think it's rude and tacky to bring food you have purchased elsewhere into a restaurant. Maybe that's why he's upset. Maybe he thinks it is poor etiquette.

I agree.
  • sfalcon
    sfalcon Posts: 5
    Options
    Welcome to the alone club of eating healthy! I have to fight with my spouse sometimes to eat healthy, that's life. We are all raised to eat to be happy, eat to socialize, eat to celebrate, etc. Its how we are programmed through life. If its important to you stand up for yourself. Most people will never understand.

You can stay on course and stand up for yourself or you can save all your calories for dinner. Just stay withing your calories. Your choice your marriage. Good Luck!
  • Rhonda21km
    Rhonda21km Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Stick to your guns - you should eat what YOU feel comfortable eating not what OTHERS demand you eat
    because they throw a fit. Only you are responsible for what goes into your body - and it sounds like maybe
    its time to have a chat with hubby to explain that this is important to you. He can eat whatever he likes, but
    only you will decide what you eat !!