Husband's attitude

Options

Replies

• losingweightatl
    Options
    I would have just fixed something at home to eat that's healthy beforehand and then enjoyed a slice with the family without making a big fuss about stopping somewhere else.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I don't know what Joy Joy is trying to say, but I stand by what I wrote. If it was me, I'd go out with my family, enjoy the pizza, and get back on track the next day, without all the fooferaw.
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    no ma'am, you are not being selfish. He needs to be more supportive imo. My husband would never talk to me that way and has been very supportive of me at my heaviest and now 20 lbs from goal. I don't eat pizza either, it's just not worth it and my stomach would prolly reject it anyways, lol
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think it's rude and tacky to bring food you have purchased elsewhere into a restaurant. Maybe that's why he's upset. Maybe he thinks it is poor etiquette.

I agree.

OMG this wasn't even mentioned...sorry if PH doesn't sever anything I eat unless they have a salad bar. lmao
    people need to get a life
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    It's all a matter of calories in/calories out. One day will not make you fat, as one day will not make you skinny. I've had that pizza before, and I'm still losing weight. In one month since starting my diet I have lost 12 lbs and that includes eating pizza. I just monitor and track everything!

A lot of pizza huts have salads.. so I would suggest having a salad there and maybe just a slice of pizza. A lot of restaurants though won't allow other food in anyway.
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    It's not all about you and four piddly pounds. Go out to dinner with your family, drop the drama ( your hubby is being childish, but both of you are at fault here.) Eat a snack before you go, and if you don't have the willpower to stop at one slice,work it off later, or take a week or two longer for those last four pounds ....I'll bet your hubby is tired of all the obsessing about calories, portion size, all that. Don't make the rest of the family feel bad....because the message you are sending is that your diet is more important to you than they are.

NeNe-Leakes-Bam-Gif.gif

Yeah, my vote is for this.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    It's not all about you and four piddly pounds. Go out to dinner with your family, drop the drama ( your hubby is being childish, but both of you are at fault here.) Eat a snack before you go, and if you don't have the willpower to stop at one slice,work it off later, or take a week or two longer for those last four pounds ....I'll bet your hubby is tired of all the obsessing about calories, portion size, all that. Don't make the rest of the family feel bad....because the message you are sending is that your diet is more important to you than they are.

^^this^^
  • michelle7673
    michelle7673 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I would go, I would order myself a medium pizza, thin crust, lots of vegetables, and light cheese. That way there is enough for anyone in your family that may want a slice. Let them get the crazy cheesy crust if it makes them happy, but you don't have to eat it.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think it's rude and tacky to bring food you have purchased elsewhere into a restaurant. Maybe that's why he's upset. Maybe he thinks it is poor etiquette.

I agree.

OMG this wasn't even mentioned...sorry if PH doesn't sever anything I eat unless they have a salad bar. lmao
    people need to get a life

I honestly cannot tell what side you are agreeing with.
  • OneDimSim
    OneDimSim Posts: 188 Member
    Options

I agree.

Ummm....it's pizza hut....who cares? We're not talking fine dining here. YOU are more important than what the folks at Pizza Hut think!

AND if even the case...your hubby should have said: "Baby, lets to to a restaurant where we can both enjoy our dinner" - plenty of freaking places that have both Pizza and Salad. My husband would have...matter of fact we went out yesterday and he asked me a couple of times if I was comfortable with that since he KNOWS this is IMPORTANT to me.
  • Power_Man77
    Power_Man77 Posts: 207
    Options

I agree.

HUH?..ok

I don't know if somebody said this. But had a friend that had the bypass surgery,when the weight started falling off her husband started getting rude. He was trying to get her to eat all the foods that she didn't need to eat.

Bottom line was he was getting jealous, other men started to notice her. He felt that she was going to get small and leave him. When she was larger he had not problem thinking nobody wanted her. He was also overweight (don't know about your husband) but he could feel that way.

So, you can confirm that you're not going nowhere, no matter how small you get you're not going anywhere.

OR

Tell that joker that he needs to MAN UP! Put his big boy pants an drop a few pounds himself.
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day its YOUR CHOICE what u want to put into your body. I will go out for family meals and just drink diet coke. Not because i am trying to be a pain in the *kitten*. Its because my body now craves and likes different foods. Now if i went out and ate pizza it makes me feel like crap. Lies heavy on my stomach and gives me heartburn. I do however LOVE pizza but it was a habbit i had to break. Same as chocolate you crave it like mad for a week when u deprive yourself, then the cravings stop but as soon as you have it again you start the cravings all over again. Luckily in the UK pizza hut places have an immense salad bar and most of the chinese buffet places have sushi and salads and things i can eat that don't repulse me or make me feel ill. This is YOUR journey and if you want to lose 4lb this week then u will do it. Your husband should support you regardless. You will end up not wanting to go out to eat at all. If you want to lose 4lb more then you want a slice of pizza then what right does anyone have to say your wrong?

Fact is if we had all said no more then feeling brow beaten into eating junk in the first place no one would be here trying to loose the LB and extra fat.
  • Contrarian
    Options

I agree.

Ummm....it's pizza hut....who cares? We're not talking fine dining here. YOU are more important than what the folks at Pizza Hut think!

AND if even the case...your hubby should have said: "Baby, lets to to a restaurant where we can both enjoy our dinner" - plenty of freaking places that have both Pizza and Salad. My husband would have...matter of fact we went out yesterday and he asked me a couple of times if I was comfortable with that since he KNOWS this is IMPORTANT to me.

Most places would ask her to kindly not consume the food she brought, or leave. Besides, good manners can be used in other environments than fine dining establishments. I don't understand why people think that their fitness/weight loss goals are so much more important than societal norms.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why he sounds so angry about it. Have you considered just getting a side salad from pizza hut and eating it with one slice of pizza. That will help you fill up better, and everyone can enjoy their meal.

I just looked at Pizza Hut's website. No salads mentioned. They have a Veggie-lovers Pizza.

However, some cannot enjoy just ONE slice of pizza (we have one of those in my family).
  • SaraBrown12
    Options
    Social norms? If you go to a pizza joint and you have a wheat/flour intolerance and they offer no alternative should the person with the allergy starve? Or eat whats on offer and make themselves ill? Or would it be ok for them to bring their own?
  • rachel4304
    rachel4304 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Social norms? If you go to a pizza joint and you have a wheat/flour intolerance and they offer no alternative should the person with the allergy starve? Or eat whats on offer and make themselves ill? Or would it be ok for them to bring their own?

You don't go to a pizza joint.

But we aren't talking about a food intolerance. We are talking about a preference.
  • SaraBrown12
    Options

But we aren't talking about a food intolerance. We are talking about a preference.

So the family of the person with the intolerance would be sympathetic and select a place where the sufferer can go and eat? But because healthy eating is a personal preference and not essential in some peoples eyes then the healthy eater has to suck it up and eat shyte because they say so.
  • Contrarian
    Options

So the family of the person with the intolerance would be sympathetic and select a place where the sufferer can go and eat? But because healthy eating is a personal preference and not essential in some peoples eyes then the healthy eater has to suck it up and eat shyte because they say so.

My issue is bringing your own food into a restaurant. Of course her husband should have been willing to compromise, but that isn't what I'm talking about. Time and time again I read about people on this site who think it is okay to bring their own food to family gatherings or into restaurants. It isn't. It's incredibly rude.
  • SaraBrown12
    Options

My issue is bringing your own food into a restaurant. Of course her husband should have been willing to compromise, but that isn't what I'm talking about. Time and time again I read about people on this site who think it is okay to bring their own food to family gatherings or into restaurants. It isn't. It's incredibly rude.

Well if they don't cater for your needs (whatever they are being allergy or personal preference) then I don't think its rude at all. Would any1 who invites a vegetarian to a bbq that only served meat be offended if they brought a veggie burger or would they rather feel embarrased that the person has to sit and watch everyone else eat?
  • Kanohane
    Kanohane Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Husband wants to meet my daughter and her SO at Pizza Hut for dinner. The pizza he wants (the Crazy cheesy crust pepperoni pizza) is 390 cals/slice. To me--not worth the cals for the amount of food. Frankly, I will still be hungry. So I asked if we could stop at Subway on the way and I would get a chicken salad--150 cals for a filling meal. Pizza Hut will not care if I bring a salad--if they even noticed. I do not mind not eating pizza. He threw a fit. Said I don't need to diet all the time and can eat a pizza--it won't hurt me. No, it won't hurt me--but I will feel more deprived with 1 piece when I would want 2 or 3. I have lost a lot of weight--not as fast as I would like because we do eat out a lot but I try to pick a healthy calorie conscious meal when we do eat out. I still have 75 pounds to go but more important to me I want to lose 4 pounds to get out of the 200's. I absolutely cannot remember the last time I weighed under 200 pounds. This is so important to me. So now he says if I can't eat pizza he is going to cancel and we will just stay home. Laying on the guilt. And now being overall nasty. Also said "why don't you just do an hour exercise and burn some extra calories so you can enjoy pizza." If I am going to do that I want the extra calories burned to go toward the 4 pounds I want off. Pizza is just so not worth it to me. Am I being selfish?
    Sounds like my mom....you know pizzahut has a salad bar right?