NSV - I'm the crazy girl crying on the treadmill :-)

Options

Replies

• Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this!! keep up the good work!!
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    You are practically making me cry too! Congratulations!!! Accomplishing something that you never thought was possible is definitely tear-worthy. Let us know when you complete your first 5K! :)
  • Lainehh
    Lainehh Posts: 2
    Options
    Well done!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Heavy all my life with the resulting fears, insecurities and shame. When I've worked out in the past, I would lift and walk inclines on the treadmill. This time, I wanted to try something else (still lifting!) so I'm doing the C25K. Today, I did W6 D3 - jogging for 25 minutes - no stopping. When that popped up on the app, for a split second, I thought about ditching it. But then I DECIDED that I would do it, no matter what. And I did! Not only that, I jogged an extra minute to get to 2.0 miles. (Yes, I am very slow!) I am 47 years old and have NEVER jogged for 2.0 miles straight in my entire life. But I did it today! And I will do more!

When it was over, I just broke down and cried. I am so freaking proud of myself! (I'm sure the people at the Lifetime Fitness in Canton think I'm nuts!) Thank you MFP and C25K! And thank you to me for deciding to do this. I am amazing myself!

It is the victories in life that make it so sweet! Congrats!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,262 Member
    Options
    Super, duper NSV...you're amazing!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    :heart: YOU ROCK!!! Awesome NSV and great job...I will probably :cry: after my first 10k on Saturday.:drinker:
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! You are the best!! Setting goals and achieving them. !! Congrats!!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'll respond in hopes you come back and read this. You should be very proud of yourself for overcoming the feeling of "I can't do this" and finding out that you can do this. As you progress into other training programs and obstacles remember and use this accomplishment to help push you through. It helped me to do my 5 mile run yesterday when I thought I could not. Again, great courage and amazing job!

Hi! Thanks for the encouragement! This is a moment that I will picture when I am discouraged. 5 miles? You rock!!
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    you will get hooked. I am finally hooked on exercise and it took me 41 years to do so lol. I cannot live without it now and even joined an expensive gym. It connects me to my body :)
  • mrsappleblossom77
    mrsappleblossom77 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You should be very proud of yourself! I just completed the last week of c25k and I was happy to run 30 minutes straight and lived to tell about it!
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    That is just awesome. You should be very proud :)
  • Beckboo0912
    Beckboo0912 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    That's a great accomplishment...you don't look 47 at all, I totally thought you were my age
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Congrats!!! :drinker:
  • kss1231
    kss1231 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep it up.
  • carolstartingover
    carolstartingover Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You did very well doing a big walk or run that far. I have 40 to lose and I don't know if I could do it. I know I am good for 5 miles, but after that I am not sure. Chasing my 2 year old grandson when I get the opportunity is probably comparable, since you run all day. You really hit a milestone.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Well done - great post - you must be so proud of yourself..and deservedly so! keep up the good work!
  • gcanter
    gcanter Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Atta girl! You can do it!
  • birdyfischer
    Options
    Awesome! I am proud of you just reading this!
    M
  • tsaw65
    tsaw65 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You Rock!!!
  • famousmel
    famousmel Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    From one treadmill cryer to another-I get where you're coming from. Or better yet, where you're going!!! 5 weeks til my 5K.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!