How much do you pay a month for fitness?

Options

Replies

• hastinbe
    hastinbe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I pay $0/mo. I could care less to take the time to commute to a local gym, so I workout at home immediately after getting off work.
  • LadyBerlynn
    LadyBerlynn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I pay $10 a month for unlimited online workout videos and personal training advice through Dailyburn.com I love it, though some is really intense.
  • joslin2005
    joslin2005 Posts: 138
    Options
    $0. I use workout dvds, youtube videos, pinterest workouts, wii workout games, my treadmill, my stationary recumbent bike, and the good old fashioned outdoors. I have dumbells, kettlebells, resistance bands, and my own body weight.
  • mortyfit
    mortyfit Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    My wife and I both belong to LA Fitness. $30/month each, we love the group instructors there for Zumba and Yoga, and I do spin classes there 2x a week. She just started running and isn't comfortable out on the roads yet, and it also gives her a chance to get some relaxing time in the afternoons before the boys get home from school. Well worth it, in my opinion.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    We pay around $70 a month at the YMCA for a family membership. Well worth it since we have a 6 year old who can stay for 3 hours a day and we can leave the property and go run as well as attend all the classes for free and pools and such. We can also use all the location here locally as well as out of town too.
  • dont_give_up
    dont_give_up Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I pay $0. The apartments I live in have a gym that I use, and before we moved here I used DVD's and You Tube, and going for walks.
    The way I see it, I didn't spend a fortune gaining all this weight, why would I spend a fortune losing it? :smile:
  • cheerupbrighteyes
    cheerupbrighteyes Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't pay anything monthly. I am lucky enough that my family has accumulated several pieces of work out equipment over the years, and I do work out DVDs.
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I pay $26 a month for a fitness center that is run by our local parks department. I would not pay for a personal trainer. Most of the time, the exercises I see them doing with women appear to be extremely inefficient. (Not sure why I'd want to wave a ball around for an hour if I can get all of my core work done in 2 compound lifts.) There are good trainers out there but there are also *many* who just took a quick certification course.

As far as form goes, there are countless videos available online to show you what you should be doing from all angles. You really can check your form in a forward facing mirror. If you start with just the bar, you will not hurt yourself. Don't waste your money or your time.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I pay nothing...I use the outdoor gym! I use my own body and my legs and use my own power...I also have an exercise bike that I use on rainy days and have weights...I don't pay a thing!
  • mccallp319
    mccallp319 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I work at a hospital that has it's own fitness facility. It costs me $18/month and they payroll deduct.
  • mcreber714
    mcreber714 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    $30 per month for my gym
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    $0 my daughter's school fitness room is free to parents
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    $10 bucks a month with an annual 40 dollar rate guarantee fee. Blue Moon Fitness (formerly Gold's)
  • tanetti
    tanetti Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    $88/month for family membership (2 adults/2 kids) at our Y, includes child care and all classes. We also get discounts on swim lessons and the like, and I took a driver safety course for free that lowered my car insurance by $20/month. We recently moved from KS to TX, so it has been an important source of friends for me, and the hubby goes every night as well. It's a lifesaver when the kids are home all summer--they love Child Watch and I work out. Membership is good at any Y, anywhere, and there are tons of them in our metro area.
  • Kaypix
    Kaypix Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My husband and I pay a "Self+Spouse" rate of $104/month and that includes unlimited classes, access to the pool, therapy pool, sauna, steam room, hot tubs, locker rooms and all the equipment.

I'm starting to look at Fitness Blender online for workout videos at home so I can supplement my gym time as well.
  • yamsteroo
    yamsteroo Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Currently £0 if you ignore the cost of a dvd and a few dumbbells over the past few months.

My husband goes to a gym every week-day and he's keen for me to go and have some one on one personal weight training but I'm happy doing my own thing at the moment - maybe if I hit a plateau or get de-motivated I'll give it a go but it's a lot of money and I don't think I'd benefit from it just yet.
  • mssgeni
    mssgeni Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    $19.99 a month at Chuze Fitness, but that includes bringing a guest with me which I use to bring my family along.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I pay $26/month for my Gold's Gym membership, which includes lots of classes (I currently usually do 4 Zumba classes per week). I signed up for 50 weeks with a personal trainer - I work with him weekly and do the workouts he gives me two times each week on my own - and the payment for that is $129 per month. I am at the gym for a class or workout almost every day, I'm losing weight and feeling stronger and more fit than ever before, so I think I'm getting a great return on my investment.
  • carolmcgov
    carolmcgov Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Don't pay anything per month but we have built up a gym in our house over the past year that has a treadmill, cross trainer, multi gym, free weights, boxing bag and a pull up bar. Other things ive spent money on fitness related would be my heart rate monitor, running gear etc.
    We've put quite a bit of money in to it but not anymore money than people spend going out every weekend and atleast we have something to show for it!
  • Alexandra289
    Alexandra289 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I paid £100 (about $150) for 15 months membership - so less than £7 a month ($10). It's a budget gym but is pretty huge and has loads of free classes. Best gym I've ever been to and amazing value for money. Xercise4Less for anyone interested in the North of England!