How much do you pay a month for fitness?

Options

Replies

• Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    $29.99 but I get $20 back from my health insurance company for going 12 times or more a month :) so only $9.99! LOVE it!
  • iconrunner
    iconrunner Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    $0 if I use the very well-equipped condominium gym...
    But currently paying $140 a month to attend a boxing, muay thai gym
  • Jspkt2002
    Jspkt2002 Posts: 23
    Options
    33 dollars and i get access to all the 24 hour fitness gyms
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    $67.00 a month for a family membership at my local YMCA. Best money spent all month!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    $88/month for family membership (2 adults/2 kids) at our Y, includes child care and all classes. We also get discounts on swim lessons and the like, and I took a driver safety course for free that lowered my car insurance by $20/month. We recently moved from KS to TX, so it has been an important source of friends for me, and the hubby goes every night as well. It's a lifesaver when the kids are home all summer--they love Child Watch and I work out. Membership is good at any Y, anywhere, and there are tons of them in our metro area.

I love my Y too! They are awesome!
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    My spin/yoga studio is 149/month - unlimited classes. I pay 3.00 a pop each time I swim, which is about 3-4 times per week, so that adds up, but the pool is outdoors and has a ton of lanes, and also has a weight room, so I can use that there as well since my "gym" only offers spin and yoga.

I would honestly pay double than I pay right now for the same classes and instructors.
  • schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    $180/moth- $39.95 for gym and the rest for a personal trainer once a week.
  • jonisteenhoek
    jonisteenhoek Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I pay $65 per month for Kosama (group fitness) and we have a family membership at a local gym which is $39 per month (we get a very good discount through my husband's employer, normally that runs $89/month). We also pay $39 a month there for daycare so we can go together.

If it helps you, pushes you, and you can afford it, then do it.
  • OspreyVista
    OspreyVista Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I pay whatever I want to pay. I don't have a gym membership, and I don't want to spend a monthly fee at a gym membership when I can easily get all the equipment I need/want for my home so that I don't spend 2 hours of drive time which is gas, plus the fee. Instead, I can work out at home. Currently I have a treadmill, and I use Youtube, or the dvd's and free weights I have. I will be soon buying a home gym. I have found quite a few for cheap on craigslist. It's more money now, but way less money to do it this way in the long run. Plus it saves me time and gas to buy one for my home and do all my working out at home.
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    We pay about $90/month total for my husand, son, and I at the YMCA. My work pays every fourth month as long as I go at least 6 times per month, which is super easy. For that price we get full access to all the YMCAs in the area including each fitness center (machines, weights, etc...), unlimited fitness classses (they have a ton including Zumba, yoga, and Spinning), indoor tracks, open gyms (which I never use), indoor and outdoor pools, and Child Watch while we're working out.

On a side note that price also covers any registration fees for other programs we decide to enroll in, like preschool or organized sports. So, for example, if we do their preschool in the fall the $25 registration fee is cancelled and we would just pay tuition because we have a facility membership.

I enjoy our membership and think it's a good deal!
  • Splinter24
    Splinter24 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I pay $175 a month for unlimited crossfit and yoga. And I'd be willing to pay more - the workouts are amazing!
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    $88/month for family membership (2 adults/2 kids) at our Y, includes child care and all classes. We also get discounts on swim lessons and the like, and I took a driver safety course for free that lowered my car insurance by $20/month. We recently moved from KS to TX, so it has been an important source of friends for me, and the hubby goes every night as well. It's a lifesaver when the kids are home all summer--they love Child Watch and I work out. Membership is good at any Y, anywhere, and there are tons of them in our metro area.

Love the Y!! It's the way to go!
  • CatMcCheesey
    Options
    $27 per month for the gym and $136 per month for 8 sessions with my trainer. Money well spent.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Usta pay $25 for a mini YMCA in my work building.
    Then began $20 a month at Planet Fitness.
    Now at a place that is $90 a month... we got a discounted rate at $150 for the family. Two kids in karate, husband in kickboxing, and I can do all the cardio classes I want... except I don't want :wink: I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.

I don't like paying a lot for the gym, but my health is worth the price.
    (And for me, teaching the kids health and exercise is another bonus.)
  • ProjectTina
    Options
    I pay approximately $60/month. Gives me access to four student gyms. Although I'm no longer a student, I prefer going there cause people are my age, it's cheaper while still having all the apparatus and classes I need. Additionally it's the closest gym to where I live (10 min walk).
  • thrld
    thrld Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    $0.

I've got the 30DS DVD, a running route of 1mile in my neighborhood blocked on on mapmyrun.com and my company has a 'gym' that has two treadmills, a bunch of barbells and a weekly aerobics class.
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I was at Golds for $37.99 a month, they got taken over by Fitness Connection. I switched to the $19.99 a month membership at Planet Fitness so I can tan as well if I want to (although I haven't yet!) but there is an option of $10 a month too.
  • upsidedownjelly
    Options
    $30 for the Y. I only have access to my particular branch of the Y... The entire Cinci system would have cost $50 a month which is effing ridiculous*. But I have access to a pool, basketball courts, basketball eye candy, and a weight room reminiscent of my high school's weight dungeon. I love it!

* I say ridiculous because when I lived in Chicago I could have gotten the Chicago Y membership for $50 a month split with my roommate. Confuddles me completely.
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Nothing regular. I usually workout at home or outside, but once in a while I go the local rec center and swim or play racquetball which I have a multi use card for. That was $3 per use ($90), never expires, and I've had it since mid Jan.

I have videos, basketball, tennis equip, exercise step, running shoes, bike, hiking gear, snowshoes, Frisbee, jump rope, back yard tramp, and a dog that likes to walk & run with me.
  • titanium2012
    Options
    I prepaid for the entire year, since it was much cheaper than doing month to month. But if you divide it by 12, it comes out to about $54 a month. Great gym. 24/7 hours, and has pool, bball courts, sauna etc.

Considering how I was finally able to make lasting changes I think it's well worth it. I also took on extra work so that I could pay for it without feeling bad.