What Is Your Most Embarrassing Moment At The Gym ?

Options

Replies

• MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I used to work out in this small little private exercise room that my apartment complex has (before I got a REAL gym membership) and there was usually no one in there with me.
    One day I was in there on the elliptical, and this REALLY cute guy comes in. He got on the machine RIGHT next to mine.
    I try to act all confident, and go to grab my water bottle. My elbow hit the handle that was moving and I punched myself straight in the face with my water bottle.
    I choked, tried not to drown, and played it off like I meant to splash myself down with water and kept going.

Best ever.

Brilliant. That would be me!
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I have a morning ritual that I need to share. I call it "the terminator". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked terminator traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotionless, cyborg badass. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy.

oh really?

thats funny because I have a morning ritual that I need to share. I call it "the terminator". First I crouch down in the shower in the classic "naked terminator traveling through time" pose. With my eyes closed I crouch there for a minute, visualizing either Arnold or the guy from the second movie (not the chick in the third one because that one sucked) and I start to hum the terminator theme. Then I slowly rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me to proceed through my day as an emotionless, cyborg badass. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It ruins the fantasy.

This response made me laugh more than it should have.

Really?

Thats funny because this response made me laugh more than it should have.

LOL, this is so poo brain!
  • MrsSausage58
    MrsSausage58 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    When I was in college, I bought a new sports bra that squashed my girls a little more than I cared for....so I bought a set of those silicone *falsies* and inserted them before heading off for the gym. Was running full steam on the treadmill, when I realized my shoe lace was coming untied. I stopped and bent over to tie it, and one of those sweaty fake boobs plopped out of my neckhole on the floor and bounced. The dude on the machine next to me goes "Whoops, I'll get that for you"...but then he stopped mid-grab and just paused....I scooted over and snatched it up before he could, and headed for the showers.....I realized when I got to the locker room, that the other booby had slipped up when I bent over and was up around my collar bone. Never went back to that gym, and learned my lesson on vanity.

That is BRILLIANT! :laugh:
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Yeah, mine would be when I was using the elliptical. I had my head phones in going to town on that beast. I was probably like 20 minutes in, well anyway I start getting these weird looks, and I thin its becuase I wa breathing heavy... no/

MY headphone had came halfway out, and while they still played for ME, they were also playing for the entire YMCA.

The song?

My neck, My back....the unedited version.

:blushing:
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Wetting myself while running on the treadmill. Not gushing wet, but enough that I had to walk home cold & wet cause I didn't take a change of clothing. I've not been back & that was about 2 months ago. I'm still paying cause I'm locked in.

Embarrassing enough?

OMG this happened to me once in a class... three words

Postpartum Jumping Jacks.

:sad:
  • 5erious
    5erious Posts: 469
    Options
    I don't get embarrassed easily, but this is a list of stuff that happened to me just this last week:

*in belly dancing class, I tripped and fell over the veil that I was dancing with
    *rolled off a stability ball while doing a push up and took out my neighbor
    *was attempting to stand on my head in yoga (done it before), but lost my balance and fell over
    *tripped over one of the machines after getting off the treadmill; I wasn't wearing my glasses and it appeared out of nowhere
    *let out a massive fart while in boat pose during pilates

I should add that I lack coordination and I trip over my big feet all day long. This is a typical week for me.

I found a caterpillar in my house and slowly whispered this song into its tiny ear, imagining the horror and torture i was about to bring it... Then it looked up at me and it said "Take me away from all this" So i tied him very gently to a helium balloon and sent him floating away to oblivion. Now i sit and think why did i send him away? He was the only one who talked to me in days, and was actually nice and now hes gone. Im so ****in bummed right now.
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    Basically my best tip for workouts is muscle confusion.
    When I hit the rack I try to make as much noise as possible, knocking the weights together, kicking my water bottle, anything that will confuse my muscles. The next thing I do is grunt and scream as I'm lifting, this creates brain confusion and in turn creates muscle confusion.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Wetting myself while running on the treadmill. Not gushing wet, but enough that I had to walk home cold & wet cause I didn't take a change of clothing. I've not been back & that was about 2 months ago. I'm still paying cause I'm locked in.

Embarrassing enough?

OMG this happened to me once in a class... three words

Postpartum Jumping Jacks.

:sad:

:sad: I can't even do them for the same reason. I had my son 19 years ago & my poor body never recovered due to the :mad: Dr that stuffed me up big time :sad:
  • jjski88
    jjski88 Posts: 24
    Options
    Just last week I was not paying attention (or I should say I was looking at an attractive female) when I went to reach for a 45lb plate and didn't see the 25lb plate in front of it on the rack. The 25lb plate fell off and landed on big toe. I tried to play it off that it didn't hurt, but the plate cut open the skin and after several minutes my shoe was bloody and the pain was unbearable.
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Back in NC I started a new gym and wanted to take a class. I finally got up enough courage to go in and take it. I'm standing around waiting for the class to start, and the instructor asks me from across the room in front of the whole packed class if I was pregnant. I shook my head no because I couldn’t speak. I went thru with the class and actually kept going… But I will NEVER forget it.

OMG I would have cried! Nobody should ever ask a woman that unless they are obviously 8-9 months pregnant!!
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Knocking my water bottle off of the treadmill while running, only then to kick the dang thing 3 times before it finally flew off. I was laughing hysterically glad I didn't fall and everyone around me just glared at me all up tight, how can you not laugh at that? lol.
  • LAURENBETH200
    LAURENBETH200 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Happened to me , was on an induction at the new gym in my area I basically farted in trainers face by accident , he had me on the machine that you lift you leg up backwards against the pad thats weighted , I had tight black leggings and a thong on that i have not worn since as some exercises make them wedge up your butt big time , anyway on the up lift I let out a really long airy fart right near the insturcters face lol
  • N2Couture
    N2Couture Posts: 2,762 Member
    Options
    ^ He does everything he wants .. in hell! ;)
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Flatulence. :blush:

51637601.png
  • LAURENBETH200
    LAURENBETH200 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ive been on the treadmill and farted like 20 times silently lol why does exercise make you fart so much dont fart that much normally luckily the spin class is noisy so not audible and mostly not to smelly
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Ripped my pants during squats, proceeded to finish my workout
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options
    Falling asleep on a machine. Luckily, no one was there to see.
  • holagatita
    holagatita Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    while doing wall squats with the ball, the ball fell from behind my back and I fell on my *kitten* lol everyone kept asking if i was ok. I had to laugh it off and say I have extra padding on mt butt so I'm ok lol it hurt though
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I have a tendency to zone out when running outside or on treadmill and unfortunately twice now I have fallen off the treadmill because it stopped and I didn't but worse was 2 trainers were right there once when I fell once. I now set an alarm before the treadmill will stop