Ideas for *witty* responses to healthy haters

Options

Replies

• pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    My favorite is "yes, i have plenty of my share of healthy foods left---i already used up my share of ...(whatever people are wanting me to share ..cake, bread,fries, etc)
  • TorrizzleWillSizzle
    TorrizzleWillSizzle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My response. I have diabetes. If I ate like you it would kill me.

It's true and I will get to look at their jaw drop.

I'm sorry you have diabetes but holy crap this response literally made me LOL I might use it and I don't even have diabetes! Again Im not laughing at the diabetes itself at all but I would love to see this response in action because the other person would be dumbfounded ;)
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I think the best response is none at all. Isn't the entire point of the directed hate to get a rise out of you? Give them neither the time of day nor the satisfaction and they go away.
  • sueclare38
    sueclare38 Posts: 125
    Options
    Well I was gonna have a mcdonalds but the burger was still going neighhhhhh!!!!!!!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    "Yup. Want some?"

*wait for response to the negative*

"Then, why does it matter to you WHATSOEVER? Did brussel sprouts do mean things to you when you were a child, or is it just that you're STILL a child?"
  • WillowWindow
    WillowWindow Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    If you sing , you could try an over the top chorus of "Veggie Love" to the tune of "Baby Love", all the while dancing around and kissing your brussels sprouts. MIGHT make them laugh, definitely will drown them out and you can get some exercise at the same time.

Veggie Love, Oh my Veggie Love
    How I need you, oh how I need you
    'Cause I been missing ya, and I miss kissin ya
    Instead of breaking up
    Let's do some kissing and making up
    Don't throw our love away
    In my arms why don't you stay
    Need ya, need ya
    veggie love, ooh, veggie love
  • Jerrypeoples
    Jerrypeoples Posts: 1,541 Member
    Options
    i think people tend to forget we have our own little built in ignore feature

the worse thing you can ever do, in the real world or internet is to give someone the attention they crave
  • lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Aside from the deadpan stare, I'd employ a healthy dose of scorn. "seriously? you're mocking me for eating vegetables? that's a thing now?"

Haha yes this is a good one!
  • ghhosstt
    ghhosstt Posts: 112
    Options
    Canned witty responses makes you look lame. Just tune them out and go "uh-huh" every now and then.

it is true that they only really work on sitcoms and in battle-raps but I couldn't resist the chip joke. :) In real life I would most likely just give them a pitying look and then ignore them. If they are trying to belittle you for eating healthy they've already made themselves look dumb enough.
  • LokiOfAsgard
    LokiOfAsgard Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I feel like this would be something I'd say.
    but with Brussel sprouts, not Broccoli

maybe-broccoli-doesn-t-like-you-either-women-s-standard-weight-t-shirt-black-text_design.png

ETA: OH and if they dye their hair would could say "Speaking of roots, I see yours"
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I would have responded with. "Oh I don't think your roots show that bad, oh wait that's just a grey hair on your head. "
  • mareeee1234
    mareeee1234 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Bump!!

Telling my cousin this is a lifestlye change when she insists I'm on a "diet" because I refuse junk food sometimes, just doesn't seem to work :explode:

ideas..? haha

the stern approach

tumblr_m3g9ye06uh1r05j4oo2_500.gif

problem solved.

haaaha thaanks!
  • plantboy2
    plantboy2 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

I've seen that 'mantra' of far too many pro-ana sites for it to do anything but make me uncomfortable.
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options

I've seen that 'mantra' of far too many pro-ana sites for it to do anything but make me uncomfortable.

Yeah... "Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels." Is better :flowerforyou:
  • plantboy2
    plantboy2 Posts: 224 Member
    Options

Yeah... "Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels." Is better :flowerforyou:

I just had to look up pro-ana is. Wowsers.

I was looking at this from a will-power perspective, not a don't eat perspective.
  • RCottonRPh
    RCottonRPh Posts: 148
    Options
    I think comments like this say a lot about a person's ignorance. I don't know that I'd even be insulted. Knowing that I am doing what is best for my own body is good enough. I do not need approval from the peanut gallery.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    So a close relative remarked, " You can still see the roots on those," as I was happily eating lightly broiled brussels sprouts.
    "Yeah, you know where they came from," I responded.

She continued her rant about eating vegetables. My quip did not make her laugh or shut up.

I need better, smart-*kitten*, but funny quips/comebacks that will shut people up. I haven't found anything online. Come on, there had to be funny healthy people, right?

How's about...

Girl/Dude I just love you...sounds like you need a hug and give him or her one. Then, with sincerity and finality ask him/her to/if they pray will for you about your food choices--if they don't like them or are concerned about your eating choices, then ask them how they are doing and feeling and if there is anything troubling them in their life...Trust me, that will shut up even the most smart alecky person and most always have them change the subject--it does for me anyway!
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,589 Member
    Options
    "broccoli gets stuck in your teeth, french fries get stuck on your *kitten*"

I totally need to remember this one.
  • Codename_Duchess
    Codename_Duchess Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    Well I was gonna have a mcdonalds but the burger was still going neighhhhhh!!!!!!!

Good one! :laugh: