thoughts on artificial sweetners?

Options
12346»

Replies

• OliveBruises
    OliveBruises Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Never said all things natural are good. Never said all things artificial are bad. This is people putting words in mouths for the sake of being able to dispute something. Any statements people have made that are not regarding the topic of SWEETENERS have been taken out of context and really have nothing to do with this thread.

The only thing I’ve tried to say is that your best bet for a SWEETENER is one that comes from nature and not one that is created in a lab. When I say natural sweeteners, I am referring to the list I posted earlier in this thread, not poisonous things such as mushrooms & poison ivy. It’s probably common sense to figure that out on your own but you never know when someone from the debate team is going to show up & misconstrue your words, so I figured I should clarify.

Per the studies I’ve posted as well as the *multiple* people who have posted on this very thread stating the negative effects they’ve experienced with artificial sweeteners, I’m not even sure why anyone would want to take that chance. Especially when there are already plenty of other things out there working against our odds… and this is something that could be easily avoided. Even if it’s avoiding something as simple as a headache! But to each their own, right?

I could go on to say an addiction to diet soda should speak for itself, but I won’t. And I could say that choosing something such as honey or coconut palm sugar - which have healthy nutritional values as well as many added health benefits - are probably the better decision for your body over something that is artificially created in a lab with no nutritional benefits, what-so-ever (unless you consider headaches a benefit). But to be honest, I’d rather just agree to disagree because unlike you, I’m not here to debate any and everything I can. Nor am I here to defensively make false accusations (i.e. anyone who has gone on a rant about artificial limbs, meds & organic foods which have nothing to do with this thread) or make immature – and again false – insults (e.g. implying someone is a conspiracy theorist) about people because my argument does not speak loud enough for itself. I simply feel passionate about this topic so I posted what I could to try and help someone out. Hopefully others will be wiser & let the studies speak for themselves rather than just listening to what the FDA & mayo clinic tell them to think.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    another point... is sugar good for you?

HELL NO ITS NOT.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    Never said all things natural are good. Never said all things artificial are bad. This is people putting words in mouths for the sake of being able to dispute something. Any statements people have made that are not regarding the topic of SWEETENERS have been taken out of context and really have nothing to do with this thread.

The only thing I’ve tried to say is that your best bet for a SWEETENER is one that comes from nature and not one that is created in a lab. When I say natural sweeteners, I am referring to the list I posted earlier in this thread, not poisonous things such as mushrooms & poison ivy. It’s probably common sense to figure that out on your own but you never know when someone from the debate team is going to show up & misconstrue your words, so I figured I should clarify.

Per the studies I’ve posted as well as the *multiple* people who have posted on this very thread stating the negative effects they’ve experienced with artificial sweeteners, I’m not even sure why anyone would want to take that chance. Especially when there are already plenty of other things out there working against our odds… and this is something that could be easily avoided. Even if it’s avoiding something as simple as a headache! But to each their own, right?

I could go on to say an addiction to diet soda should speak for itself, but I won’t. And I could say that choosing something such as honey or coconut palm sugar - which have healthy nutritional values as well as many added health benefits - are probably the better decision for your body over something that is artificially created in a lab with no nutritional benefits, what-so-ever (unless you consider headaches a benefit). But to be honest, I’d rather just agree to disagree because unlike you, I’m not here to debate any and everything I can. Nor am I here to defensively make false accusations (i.e. anyone who has gone on a rant about artificial limbs, meds & organic foods which have nothing to do with this thread) or make immature – and again false – insults (e.g. implying someone is a conspiracy theorist) about people because my argument does not speak loud enough for itself. I simply feel passionate about this topic so I posted what I could to try and help someone out. Hopefully others will be wiser & let the studies speak for themselves rather than just listening to what the FDA & mayo clinic tell them to think.
    Yeah, you didn't try to do that:
    Money speaks my friend. Do YOUR research.
    You posted no studies. You posted links to state that the studies are controlled by big companies and the FDA (which somehow don't care enough about our lives so they want us poisoned slowly). Aspartame is one of the most thoroughly studied artificial sweetener by SEVERAL who aren't affiliated with big companies or FDA.
    The worst snob is the one who doesn't think they are. Insinuating that because some of us actually believe the science shown without actual conflicting studies to challenge them, doesn't mean we're "less wise". We just haven't be shown enough evidence to show it's as bad as being touted.
    But keep believing we're less intelligent than you are. Somehow some of us have got it figured out.................while consuming artificial sweeteners doing it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition