are women envious of skinny men?

Options
i am a male, 5'9" 135 lbs and toned/cut
i find that women at the gym stare at me in an envious way, not in an attraction way
they look at me as if they want what i have
does this sound ridiculous or is there truth to women being envious of skinny mens' bodies?

Replies

• Zilla100
    Zilla100 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Why would women envy a man's body? It's not as if that's their fitness goal, to achieve a physique of the opposite gender. They may want to know what you did to GET cut, so that they could try it out. They may be watching the routines you do.
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Speaking only for myself, if I see a skinny guy in the free weights area I might look him just to make sure I lift heavier than he does. I have no idea what others think about it.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    yes, edit to add yes but not the way you were describing. it's just usually so much harder for us
    to gain muscle, lose fat, the whole thing. and you guys can often just eat whatever you want
    and look smoking hot bc you worked off the calories.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    i find that women at the gym stare at me in an envious way, not in an attraction way

Are you wearing high heels?
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I may be in the minority, but I actually am, lol. However, I aspire to look more androgynous in general, which isn't the case for a lot of women obviously. I really like the body shape of particularly thin guys and I've never thought of the "beefy" look to be much appealing. What's funny is that we are the same height and your weight is my goal weight!

So yes, I'm quite jealous of you. ^_^
  • vashnic
    vashnic Posts: 93
    Options
    Speaking only for myself, if I see a skinny guy in the free weights area I might look him just to make sure I lift heavier than he does. I have no idea what others think about it.

Guilty as charged. :embarassed: :embarassed:
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    does this sound ridiculous or is there truth to women being envious of skinny mens' bodies?

or maybe they just want your abs :smokin:
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

I am not envious of skinny men. I think you need to gain some weight actually like 30 lbs. I have heard that men should try to stay at the high range of healthy on the bmi. They usually have larger bone structures than women and they naturally have more muscle. Also, my experience is that women envy the bodies of men who are fit, healthy and muscular but not too skinny who have the equivalent body of the one they would like to work towards in the opposite form.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Why are you so skinny? I'm 5'9" and 160lbs.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it's the "damn, i wish i had that body" look, and not the "bro, do you even lift?" look?
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    maybe there is something in your teeth
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    No, not envious, scared I might break him? Yes! :P lol
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options

Guilty as charged. :embarassed: :embarassed:

Same here...oh geesh. :embarassed: I do that and :drinker: cheer when I do lift heavier.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    toned/cut and skinny is very different, my friend.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I think this is all in your head.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is interesting!

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it's the "damn, i wish i had that body" look, and not the "bro, do you even lift?" look?

^^ lol, this!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I honestly think many would be thinking you need to put on some weight. That's way too skinny for a guy and at your height.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is quite natrually muscular and cut (although he plays sport and lifts) and can eat whatever he wants and not put on weight. I'm not jealous of his physique so much as the fact that he gets to eat so much food and stay slim
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

^^ lol, this!

I think we need picts to accurately judge and tell him which look it is.