are women envious of skinny men?

Options

Replies

• KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    So the only two choices in your mind for women looking at you are "They want me" or "They envy me"?

Yeah, where's the "They're zoning out and just happen to be looking in my general direction" option?
  • Viva81Diva
    Viva81Diva Posts: 148
    Options
    Not envious here. I stare for 2 reasons:

1) Because I am watching to see performance on each exercise and to determine if it's properly executed or done incorrectly
    2) Because he's hot as hell.

No pun, but I like a stocky man. One that is cut but has bulging muscles and is thicker in the waist than I am. My 1st husband was a wrestler in high school, and was around 5'7/5'8 and 185 pounds. LOVED his arms!! He was pretty strong. I like the pro-wrestler type body on a man, but that's just my preference. Makes me feel safe, I guess. :)
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I'm grossed out by skinny men. If I can push a guy over, it's not attractive. Nothing worse than chicken legs and toothpick arms.. Egh
    Not cool.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    So the only two choices in your mind for women looking at you are "They want me" or "They envy me"?

Yeah, where's the "They're zoning out and just happen to be looking in my general direction" option?

This ^^^

Oh god..I wonder how many times I've zoned out in the gym and a guy assumed I
    a. wanted to jump him
    b. was seething in jealously for his chicken legs and lack of breasts.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm grossed out by skinny men. If I can push a guy over, it's not attractive. Nothing worse than chicken legs and toothpick arms.. Egh
    Not cool.

Agreed. That was seriously uncool and uncalled for. Body shaming is body shaming and is WRONG.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Come on now, no need to start skinny bashing. A skinny guy is no less of a man than a thicker man, just different body types.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options

But looking like a land whale is totally fine! Congrats

I prefer land sharks!
    tumblr_m1ex86umS01r03vt2_zps73cab792.gif
  • whierd
    Options
    Not cool.

Beat me to it.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Really skinny men that think they are hot creep me out....
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    i am a male, 5'9" 135 lbs and toned/cut
    i find that women at the gym stare at me in an envious way, not in an attraction way
    they look at me as if they want what i have
    does this sound ridiculous or is there truth to women being envious of skinny mens' bodies?

don't think so :huh:
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Come on now, no need to start skinny bashing. A skinny guy is no less of a man than a thicker man, just different body types.

Agreed. I find skinny men attractive as well as beefier guys but at the gym, I am competitive and the gym is when I turn on beast mode.
  • whierd
    Options
    Really skinny men that think they are hot creep me out....

Yeah, how dare they not think they are ugly and stay indoors and covered up all day.
  • whierd
    Options
    Being attracted to a certain body type is fine. Calling another body type "gross" is messed up. Hopefully you can see the difference.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    OH! I got this!

I-Got-Dis_large.png

Since I am equally attracted to guys who are "too thin" OR "too heavy" and also "too douchey" or "too arrogant" as well as "too uneducated" or even "too educated" I happen to know what the draw is to the thin/slender/svelte types:

When a man is slender two things tend to stick out more. 1) His junk, and 2) his wallet, thus making it easier for me to go after both. The end.

Tommy+Lee+tommylee.jpg * le sigh*
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    No, I think I agree with what you think is going on.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Being attracted to a certain body type is fine. Calling another body type "gross" is messed up. Hopefully you can see the difference.
    QFT
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Not cool.

Agreed. That was seriously uncool and uncalled for. Body shaming is body shaming and is WRONG.

But looking like a land whale is totally fine! Congrats
    [/quote]

So men being grossed out by overweight women is fine, but when a woman feels the same about a man who is skin and bones it's not?
    [/quote]

Neither is fine.
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that I'm 'envious' per say... I'm just afraid that if I were to trip and fall into them that I would crush every bone in their frail little body... :( my sincerest appologies if that ever actually happens to anyone...
  • johnglenn1973
    johnglenn1973 Posts: 274
    Options
    Drama thread!! Great reading when I can't go to sleep :)
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Pahahah.
    I assure you, women do not want what a skinny guy has.

Sometimes MFP is too much.

Wow, you're super gorgeous. (I'm not trying to be creepy, lmao) You actually look like the twin of this girl I went to high school with. She's a model *and* she's in medical school now. (jealous rage) lol