are women envious of skinny men?

Options

Replies

• Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Drama thread!! Great reading when I can't go to sleep :)

Totally agree.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest... I skipped page 2.

But yes, sometimes I do find myself envying the skinny guys.

THERE. I said it. SOMEONE said it. Sue me, screw me, shoulda just blew me.
  • 80sFanatic88
    80sFanatic88 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    No, I'm too busy checking them out. :laugh:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    So men being grossed out by overweight women is fine, but when a woman feels the same about a man who is skin and bones it's not?

Neither is "fine". That was his point.
  • ArchangelMJ
    ArchangelMJ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I think it's probably 'cause I'm tired, but it seems like a lot of you guys are being ****s.

I agree. A lot of male skinny hate here, hm...then again, from what I've gleaned, MFP seems to be a den of rudeness, negativity and judgmental attitudes.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest... I skipped page 2.

But yes, sometimes I do find myself envying the skinny guys.

THERE. I said it. SOMEONE said it. Sue me, screw me, shoulda just blew me.

Where do I sign up?
  • Sav_Sky
    Sav_Sky Posts: 82
    Options
    Pretty much! But then they start thinking about doing the breaking.... :-p bow chicka wah wah!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm grossed out by skinny men. If I can push a guy over, it's not attractive. Nothing worse than chicken legs and toothpick arms.. Egh
    Not cool.

Agreed. That was seriously uncool and uncalled for. Body shaming is body shaming and is WRONG.

So being grossed out by overweight women is fine, but when a woman feels the same about a man who is skin and bones it's not?

Being attracted to a certain body type is fine. Calling another body type "gross" is messed up. Hopefully you can see the difference.

What's the difference between calling someone a land whale, and saying that super skinny is gross?
    He is a dink for calling you names. Now, next time you want to say "ewww" about someone's body, think about how that made you feel.

I actually didn't say ewww to his body, he doesn't even have a photo. And I don't even know if he is actually what I would find unattractive. The question was "are women envious of skinny men", so I said what I think of skinny men.

Do you really not see what was wrong with what you said? How would you feel if someone started calling out your body parts like you did? Toothpick arms? Chicken legs? Tell me you don't think these terms are actually positively said. And sorry, you didn't say EW. You said EGH. Which..is close enough in my opinion. Maybe check your tone before you post something.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I think it's probably 'cause I'm tired, but it seems like a lot of you guys are being ****s.

I agree. A lot of male skinny hate here, hm...then again, from what I've gleaned, MFP seems to be a den of rudeness, negativity and judgmental attitudes.

youmustbenewhere.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    Options

youmustbenewhere.jpg

You should stick around for when women and lifting becomes the main topic again. You think this is bad.....
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

True, but his initial post sounded strangely arrogant, like if we aren't attracted to him we must envy his body, which is just weird, and his assurance that he's "cut" not "skinny" without a picture, is also weird.
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Well, this was an entertaining thread.. The internet sure does make on tough, haha! :eyeroll:

No OP skinny men do not make me jealous, women that don't have a gut from having children though...just a little..
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    I'm grossed out by skinny men. If I can push a guy over, it's not attractive. Nothing worse than chicken legs and toothpick arms.. Egh
    Not cool.

Agreed. That was seriously uncool and uncalled for. Body shaming is body shaming and is WRONG.

But looking like a land whale is totally fine! Congrats

So men being grossed out by overweight women is fine, but when a woman feels the same about a man who is skin and bones it's not?
    Neither is fine.

But this one IS "FINE"....just sayin'

tommy-lee-03.jpgtommylee07.jpg
    [/quote]

You made my night. *drools* :love: :love: :blushing: :love: :love:
  • backpacker44
    backpacker44 Posts: 160 Member
    Options

True, but his initial post sounded strangely arrogant, like if we aren't attracted to him we must envy his body, which is just weird, and his assurance that he's "cut" not "skinny" without a picture, is also weird.

Exactly. Sounded like a Troll to me when I read it.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Not cool.

So being grossed out by overweight women is fine, but when a woman feels the same about a man who is skin and bones it's not?

Being attracted to a certain body type is fine. Calling another body type "gross" is messed up. Hopefully you can see the difference.

What's the difference between calling someone a land whale, and saying that super skinny is gross?
    He is a dink for calling you names. Now, next time you want to say "ewww" about someone's body, think about how that made you feel.

I actually didn't say ewww to his body, he doesn't even have a photo. And I don't even know if he is actually what I would find unattractive. The question was "are women envious of skinny men", so I said what I think of skinny men.

Do you really not see what was wrong with what you said? How would you feel if someone started calling out your body parts like you did? Toothpick arms? Chicken legs? Tell me you don't think these terms are actually positively said. And sorry, you didn't say EW. You said EGH. Which..is close enough in my opinion. Maybe check your tone before you post something.

aaaaaaaaaaaand NOW, I'm getting hungry, for some kind of chicken appetizer?

buff_apps6f763c54-d4bd-46c5-8634-0bf53981a142.jpg

somebody puhlease save me with more "clean" tommy lee gif's [read:hard to find on the internetz] OR anyone slender male and hawt, (kid rock, axl rose, mick jagger, etc ) to put a pic in the thousand words of the shutting up the slender man haters.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Not cool.

aaaaaaaaaaaand NOW, I'm getting hungry, for some kind of chicken appetizer?

buff_apps6f763c54-d4bd-46c5-8634-0bf53981a142.jpg

somebody puhlease save me with more "clean" tommy lee gif's [read:hard to find on the internetz] OR anyone slender to put a pic in the thousand words of the shutting up the slender man haters.

lmao! I'd nom the hell out of that.
  • Viva81Diva
    Viva81Diva Posts: 148
    Options
    Well, this was an entertaining thread.. The internet sure does make on tough, haha! :eyeroll:

No OP skinny men do not make me jealous, women that don't have a gut from having children though...just a little..

I've been refreshing every 5 to 10 secs. lol I know what you mean about the gut thing. I've only had 1 child and my belly is at it's worst! I'll get there though. :)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

youmustbenewhere.jpg

You should stick around for when women and lifting becomes the main topic again. You think this is bad.....

Women shouldn't lift. Makes them bulky.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

youmustbenewhere.jpg

Ddddduuuuuuuddddeeeee......don't get it started...nuuuuuuuu
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options

youmustbenewhere.jpg

Bahahahah! Omg, you had to start it. I should be going to bed but I think I may grab some coffee instead.