nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    5/3 3.1 miles

total so far 12.1
  • Austinetc
    Austinetc Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Planned rest day today. My total remains at 41 miles. But time for a quote:

"Next to a leisurely walk I enjoy a spin on my tandem bicycle. It is splendid to feel the wind blowing in my face and the springy motion of my iron steed. The rapid rush through the air gives me a delicious sense of strength and buoyancy, and the exercise makes my pulse dance and my heart sing." ~ Helen Keller, deaf and blind political activist
  • sajeffe
    sajeffe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Planned rest day today. My total remains at 41 miles. But time for a quote:

"Next to a leisurely walk I enjoy a spin on my tandem bicycle. It is splendid to feel the wind blowing in my face and the springy motion of my iron steed. The rapid rush through the air gives me a delicious sense of strength and buoyancy, and the exercise makes my pulse dance and my heart sing." ~ Helen Keller, deaf and blind political activist

Nice one!
  • erin4609
    erin4609 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    25 miles today.

Lets try for 300 miles. :)
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    12 miles Thursday, 16 yesterday.

trying for 100 this month.
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    5/4 5.0 miles
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My goal for May is 225 miles. Only 16.5 so far, but that was just less than a half hour on the trainer 3 mornings this week. About to ride on the trainer again this morning. I swear those miles should count for 2x. It is not like a spin bike. Planning an 82 mile ride on Long Leaf Trace on the 25th and ultimately training for Bike MS in he begining of October...75 miles one way and then 75 miles back the next day!
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    Options
    Make that 25 so far...
  • cblue07310
    cblue07310 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

My goal for the month is 150 miles.

I have a total of 36 miles so far for May.
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    Options
    count me in!
    indoor only...i've no desire to be hit by a car.

goal - 150 miles (edited to up the goal!)

5/1 - 10 miles

NO ONE has a desire to be hit by a car! I'm in a cycling club with 132 other members that ride a total of thousands of miles a year on the road, and the only one who has ever been hit by a car is one that commutes to work every day in a dangerous area.
    I applaud you for setting a goal that high on an indoor bike, but you're really missing out on the thrill and satisfaction that real cycling is. Give a try to a fully supported ride. Start with a 10 or 25 mile route. You'll earn your new favorite t-shirt, meet some awesome people, and you'll never be the same:)
  • jehavin
    jehavin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    count me in!
    indoor only...i've no desire to be hit by a car.

goal - 150 miles (edited to up the goal!)

5/1 - 10 miles

NO ONE has a desire to be hit by a car! I'm in a cycling club with 132 other members that ride a total of thousands of miles a year on the road, and the only one who has ever been hit by a car is one that commutes to work every day in a dangerous area.
    I applaud you for setting a goal that high on an indoor bike, but you're really missing out on the thrill and satisfaction that real cycling is. Give a try to a fully supported ride. Start with a 10 or 25 mile route. You'll earn your new favorite t-shirt, meet some awesome people, and you'll never be the same:)

"Real cycling" seems a little harsh to say. Some of us are limited to indoor cycling for safety, balance and other reasons and pass it off as sarcasm. The rest of your post is helpful and encouraging, but honestly, I didn't read past the second sentence initially.

For a change, I actually planned to do a 6 miler this morning (4 days til baby) but skipped it so that I could do some true nesting like cleaning blinds/fans/baseboards, lol. Might still make it to the gym today, but will *probably* push that last "pre-partum ride" to Sunday or Monday =) Just didn't want you guys to think I was a super pregnant robot lady who ignores all caution/fatigue!
  • time4changexx
    time4changexx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am in!!
    2nd: 11 miles
    4th: 13 miles

As far as the indoor vs outdoor cycling 'debate' i prefer out I personally dont count indoor miles but thats just me. On my indoor bike I can go 30mph on my outdoor tho I have only hit 13 mph (I just took up outdoor cycle). Anyone else notice this?
  • agreenmess
    agreenmess Posts: 94
    Options
    Went for a lovely cycle today, was such a killer though!!!

4/5 - 25.4 km http://app.strava.com/activities/52329617

Nessy x
  • jehavin
    Options
    I am in!!

As far as the indoor vs outdoor cycling 'debate' i prefer out I personally dont count indoor miles but thats just me. On my indoor bike I can go 30mph on my outdoor tho I have only hit 13 mph (I just took up outdoor cycle). Anyone else notice this?

I didn't mean to start a debate. In fact, I thought/think the point of this thread is to include all cyclists, since we're all working the same muscles, use the same determination and getting the same benefits! =)

I actually have the opposite issue. On my stationary at the gym, I average 12-14mph while on the road, it is closer to 14-16 since it's flatter and I am able to coast at times.
  • brocksmom
    brocksmom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    12 miles for me today. That brings my total for the month 22 miles (goal 60 for the month)

Karen
  • time4changexx
    time4changexx Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am in!!

I didn't mean to start a debate. In fact, I thought/think the point of this thread is to include all cyclists, since we're all working the same muscles, use the same determination and getting the same benefits! =)

I actually have the opposite issue. On my stationary at the gym, I average 12-14mph while on the road, it is closer to 14-16 since it's flatter and I am able to coast at times.

I didnt say anyone should be discluded? I simply said I personally dont count indoor miles for me because [for me] it is way easier and isnt a reflection of how far I actually go (& yes I use resistance), then asked if anyone else noticed that? You mention a difference in your mileage however its close, I am talking almost double the distance. So anyone else?
  • jehavin
    Options
    Didn't mean to imply that you were excluding anyone; I'm sorry if it came off that way toward your post =/ I just still feel pretty strongly toward the use of the term "real cycling" that I referenced earlier---I feel that is divisive, which is against the purpose of this thread.

I hope someone else is able to better answer your question about mileage.
  • swonn
    swonn Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Goal is 125 miles

5/02--13.5
    5/04--13.5

Total--26
  • LadyBeryl
    LadyBeryl Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join!

I'm aiming for 248 miles this month. I do indoor cycling. I used to do 15-20 miles a day before I increased the resistance so now 8 miles is my daily goal.
  • jehavin
    Options
    Great to have more people in---so encouraging to see all the miles that get logged everyday!