• misssalley
    misssalley Posts: 12
    Options
    Im in :)

exercise.png
  • sajeffe
    sajeffe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    All right! You guys are inspiring. It's chilly out there today, but I'll try to go a couple miles anyway.
  • Spatialized
    Spatialized Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Shooting for 350 miles this month. Hoping to get the MTB out and spruced up to hit the trails, plus some training for a local ride/race in June on top the normal daily commutes. Should hit it just fine. Stretch goal will be to beat April's total of 402...

As of this morning am at 43.3 miles.
  • sajeffe
    Options
    All right! You guys are inspiring. It's chilly out there today, but I'll try to go a couple miles anyway.

I added a layer and managed to go 4 miles.

5/1 - 4 miles
    5/2 - 4 miles - nearly bitten by little dog
    5/3 - 4 miles - on & off rain, wearing new helmet
    5/4 - 4 miles
    5/5 - 2 miles - too cold to go more
    5/6 - 4 miles

Goal for month - 80 miles.
    MTD - 22
  • jehavin
    jehavin Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Going out (and maxing out my soon-to-be-born baby's heart benefits) with a bang: 8 slow and hard miles this morning. Pretty stoked because I finished crocheting a "baby bike helmet" last night---he's going to look so cute in it and it will be a great keepsake to remember how influential cycling was on this pregnancy. Have a great time cycling in May and see you all in about a month! =)

May Goal: ???
    May total: 20 miles
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    count me in!
    indoor only...i've no desire to be hit by a car.

goal - 150 miles (edited to up the goal!)

5/1 - 10 miles
    5/6 - 11 miles
  • agreenmess
    agreenmess Posts: 94
    Options
    Hey,

Just done a quick ride out on my mountain bike to up my overall miles to 38.8km still feeling quite dodgy after my tummy bug weekend.

4/5 - 25.4 km http://app.strava.com/activities/52329617
    7/5 - 13.4 km http://app.strava.com/activities/52949633
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    10 more today, 54 for May, trying for 100. :) Loving this nice weather.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Going out (and maxing out my soon-to-be-born baby's heart benefits) with a bang: 8 slow and hard miles this morning. Pretty stoked because I finished crocheting a "baby bike helmet" last night---he's going to look so cute in it and it will be a great keepsake to remember how influential cycling was on this pregnancy. Have a great time cycling in May and see you all in about a month! =)

I know that I've asked before, but when is that little guy due? Take care of both of you! Send picks of him in his helmet!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I did a 9.3 mile ride this afternoon. I had my 10 year old along so it was agonizingly slow. But it was good for him to come with me so I'm hoping that I will benefit a little.
  • sajeffe
    Options

Awesome! All the best to you and your baby.
  • sajeffe
    Options
    5/1 - 4 miles
    5/4 - 4 miles
    5/6 - 4 miles
    5/7 - 4 miles
    5/8 -
    5/9 -
    5/10 -
    5/11 -

MTD - 26
  • jehavin
    jehavin Posts: 316 Member
    Options

I know that I've asked before, but when is that little guy due? Take care of both of you! Send picks of him in his helmet!

I am scheduled for my surgical delivery in about 32 hours! I figure having done my last ride 48 hours prior to birth isn't too crazy, right? lol Thanks for the well wishes!
  • brocksmom
    brocksmom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I added 5 miles today. My total for the month so far is 27 miles.

Karen
  • Aello11
    Aello11 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    5/3 8.6 miles
    5/5 7.6 miles
    5/6 7.2 miles
    5/8 6.3 miles

May total 29.7
    shooting for a 200 mile month
  • sajeffe
    Options
    5/1 - 4 miles
    5/4 - 4 miles
    5/6 - 4 miles
    5/7 - 4 miles
    5/8 - 4 miles afternoon & 2 miles evening
    5/9 -
    5/10 -
    5/11 -

MTD - 32
  • xsabrinalynn
    xsabrinalynn Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Joining late but I'm in!! I rode outside today for the first time in 4+ years! Felt GREAT and I think I have fallen in love with bike riding.

5/8: 6.6 miles.

Goal: 100 miles?
    Chicago weather is also temper-mental, today the high is 80 but Sunday the high is 52 so hopefully the weather cooperates :)
  • Austinetc
    Austinetc Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    5/6 and 5/7: Rain in San Diego!! Very unusual.

5/8: 20 miles.

Total for May: 110 miles. 390 to go.

This is a racer's quote. I realize it doesn't apply within the context of simple health and fitness, but it sticks in my head: "It never gets easier, you just go faster." ~ Greg LeMond
  • autumnlily31185
    autumnlily31185 Posts: 279 Member
    Options

You are in inspiration girl!! Hope for a happy and healthy little baby for you. =)

I am scheduled for my surgical delivery in about 32 hours! I figure having done my last ride 48 hours prior to birth isn't too crazy, right? lol Thanks for the well wishes!
  • autumnlily31185
    autumnlily31185 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Well after the April challenge ended I hit a bit of a slump with my workouts and have only managed to get in one ride for May so far. I think I may have burned myself out for my first challenge =(

But I am trying to get back into it, so I will make a small goal for May 100 miles (all stationary)

5/1- 4.6 miles (20 mins)

exercise.png