What are you having for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• short_nerdy_lady
    Options
    Slice of Country Harvest 12 grain bread toasted with peanut butter and a drizzle of honey :)
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    One egg+a splash of liquid egg whites mixed with asparagus and cheese
    1/2 of a cinnamon mini bagel with coconut butter
    small can of low sodium v8
  • Annmarie0426
    Options
    Jay Robb vanilla protein shake with frozen or fresh fruit...berries, bananas, or peaches. Sometimes with greens too. Also, coffee with a bit of creamer.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    ;o/ Didn't have anything in the house so I stopped at Sheetz (gas station) and got a Strawberry & Yogurt Parfait (NEVER AGAIN - 440 Cals!) Next time I'll do it myself lol
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! This thread is making me want breakfast food again...
    GOSH that looks amazing!! :) how many cals?

I couldn't give you an exact number but I'm guessing around 500-600 calories?

Nothing like refueling after a big morning workout :drinker:
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I had a smoothie: kale, honeydew melon, banana, a few frozen grapes, flax seed, chia seed, cinnamon, turmeric, a smidgeon of fresh ginger and a little ice. It was like sunshine in a glass!
  • luan999
    luan999 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    i had steel cut oats, chia seeds and sultanas soaked in water overnight cooked this morning with a splash of almond milk, apple sauce, sugar free vanilla syrup and cinnamon...yum!...and a cup of twinnings green tea with pineapple and grapefruit.:wink:
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I had a mushroom and cheese egg white omelette, 2 pieces of toast, 1 cup of grapes, and a strawberry/banana smoothie.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Syntrax Matrix perfect chocolate protein powder
    1/2 c. 2% milk
    1/2 c. unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    70g frozen strawberries
    1T chia seeds
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i have never been one for breakfast. i find it difficult to eat until about 2-3 hours after i wake up, it makes me nauseous. i get up at 7:30 and have some water and some coffee while i am getting ready for work and then generally at 10:00 i have some nuts and dried fruit. currently trader joe's just a hand full almods, cashews, and dried cranberries.

i like the idea of a well rounded breakfast. yours is gorgeous!! but i have no interest in getting up at 5:30 so i can eat at 7:30 before i leave for work at 8:10. :-)
  • apothecarist
    apothecarist Posts: 193
    Options
    My favorite meal of the day by far. I'm a little set in my routine so always looking for new ideas.

Here's my breakfast today..

Screenshot2013-05-01at85451AM_zps75869043.png

Don't make fun, I think food tastes better when it's pretty..Boyfriend said he compromised his masculinity by eating it..:laugh:

Forgot to add: It's 2 eggs with feta cheese, honey baked ham, 3/4 cup goat milk yogurt with almonds and chia, fruit salad

So what'd you have today/are planning to have?

Wow, your breakfast looks gorgeous! mine isn't as photogenic but lately I've been loving Fiber One cereal w/almond milk, golden raisins and bananas.
  • teehee1211
    teehee1211 Posts: 39
    Options
    bump for ideas.

I had a packet of oatmeal with 1/2 cup coffee and splenda mixed in lol.
  • teehee1211
    teehee1211 Posts: 39
    Options
    A large glass of fresh juiced Green Juice with fresh juiced apples, a liter of water, green tea. THIS, you can not beat. Enough Micro Nutrients for two full days, with 90-100% absorption, very little digestion needed to slow Me down, Energy up the wazoo, and a super charged metabolism boost! YES, the breakfast of TRUE Champions!!!

Apple juice makes my blood sugar go crazy...I like green juice with only greens.
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    Coffee. And some kind of protein. Mostly coffee. I'm not a morning person.
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I make a breakfast quiche on Sunday afternoon and eat out of it all week. This weeks was 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, turkey bacon, broccoli, shredded mexican cheese. I didn't go shopping so it was a little skimpy. Usually, it'll be 5 egg whites, 1-2 whole eggs, turkey bacon, broccoli, cheese, mushrooms, tomatoes, etc. Sometimes it'll have a bread-base of some type, but by the end of the week it gets a little mushy. I think I'll keep leaving it out.

Plus, once I get to work I'll have a protein shake.
  • blucas123
    blucas123 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    egg beaters (southwestern style) with 1/2 an avocado and fresh strawberries
  • justjayce
    justjayce Posts: 11
    Options
    Spinach and Mushroom Omelet

3 egg whites + 1 whole egg
    1 1/2 cups sliced white mushrooms
    1 handful baby spinach
    1/2 finely chopped yellow onion
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    This morning I had homemade chunky lentil and veggie soup for breakfast. The aesthetics left much to be desired, though I dare not elaborate for fear of people losing their appetites.
  • phurst00
    phurst00 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My breakfasts' are usually pretty small since I'm generally running late for work, but this morning I went all out!

Scrambled egg whites + 1 yolk, fat free shredded cheese, mushrooms, oatmeal and 2 slices of turkey bacon. Yum!
  • pkinblue
    pkinblue Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    one lowfat latte (8oz of milk)
    1 slice Dave's killer bread toasted
    1 TBSP almond butter
    Hot chai tea with a splash of milk and 2 drops Stevia
    32 oz water

Note--I start this around 6am and finish by 9 once I am at work--I do the water/latte first then eat once I get to work.