Hidin', somewhere in the night

[Instrumental Interlude]

Don't stop believin'
    Hold on to the feelin'
    Streetlights, people
    Don't stop believin'
    Hold on
    Streetlights, people
  • I hate the use of the word Journey too .. not because it's inaccurate, but because it sounds like a bunch of new-age bull****.

But it is a journey, by definition:

1jour·ney noun \ˈjər-nē\
    plural journeys

Definition of JOURNEY

: an act or instance of traveling from one place to another : trip
    chiefly dialect : a day's travel
    : something suggesting travel or passage from one place to another <the journey from youth to maturity> <a journey through time>

It fits definition #3 .. it's a passage from unfit to fit. There IS an endpoint - a fit you. Now staying at that endpoint is another matter entirely ...

I prefer definition #1 mainly 'cause I like to trip...no, wait...I prefer definition #3 'cause I plan on teletransporting in the near future!:huh:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    I agree that it is a lifestyle change. Let me offer you this though:

If somebody wants to call losing 100 pounds a journey, they aren't exactly incorrect by calling it a journey. As you mentioned, the definition of journey has an end point. Would it not be correct if they did lose the 100 pounds and reached the end of their journey? For example, a man weighs 315 pounds and wants to weight 215, by definition it is a journey. However, to maintain 215 pounds it would be a lifestyle change.

Either way, sending you a PM/hate mail because of your opinion is just about the dumbest thing I've heard all day.

yes i agree. you are both right.

but who cares what other people think??? i dont lol
    and for the people sending you hate mail just block them and go on with ur day. lol

Shhh. :lookleft: :lookright: To be honest, I kind of like the hate mail. It makes Matt jealous, and I find it hilarious that people would get their panties in a bunch enough to send me some. I just don't get why they would vs. just ignoring and moving on.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    I hate the use of the word Journey too .. not because it's inaccurate, but because it sounds like a bunch of new-age bull****.

But it is a journey, by definition:

1jour·ney noun \ˈjər-nē\
    plural journeys

Definition of JOURNEY

: an act or instance of traveling from one place to another : trip
    chiefly dialect : a day's travel
    : something suggesting travel or passage from one place to another <the journey from youth to maturity> <a journey through time>

It fits definition #3 .. it's a passage from unfit to fit. There IS an endpoint - a fit you. Now staying at that endpoint is another matter entirely ...

I prefer definition #1 mainly 'cause I like to trip...no, wait...I prefer definition #3 'cause I plan on teletransporting in the near future!:huh:

Good luck on your journey!

76_planeIntoCrater0.jpg
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    [/quote]

do you want some aloe vera,
    [/quote]

1. I do if you apply it!

2. I think OP made his meaning plane.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    If it's bullying and hate mail you're really after, I could pretend you're my exhusband and let loose. :flowerforyou:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    I LOVE the term Journey and I like the band. A Journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, two roads diverged in the woods and I, I took the one less traveled, dont stop believin'

There's so many awesome and motivating cliches how can you not love the term journey?

I also love the term battle and war.

The journey never ends until you die there will always be a new destination and the unexpected.

JOURNEY!

Plus there is this Journey tribute band and OMG the bassist is sex in pants! :love:
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    So, for all those who claim to be on a journey, you are claiming at some point you will stop. As history has shown time and again, if you stop, you will find yourself sliding back and will undo all of your hard work.

At some point I will die, and thus the journey will end. Then my work will be undone since I can't imagine successfully avoiding rot and maggot activity in order to preserve all my hard work. That's okay...I'm gonna continue this journey anyway...until I run out of road.

:drinker:
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    In future I'll tell people that I'm on a Scorpions instead of a Journey.

Take me to the magic of the moment
    On a glory night
    Where the children of tomorrow dream away
    in the wind of change

Walking down the street
    Distant memories
    Are buried in the past forever
    I follow the Moskva
    Down to Gorky Park
    Listening to the wind of change
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    7! 7 hate letters! AH AH AH AH HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

You've been cracking me up all day. Keep going!

Oh.. and....

NO!

:angry:
  • LuHox
    LuHox Posts: 136
    I don't really understand all the fuss over what words people like to use. Like people who jump all over anyone who uses the word "diet" no matter the context. Diet by definition is what a person eats. You can say "I'm changing my diet" as part of your "lifestyle change". Uttering the word won't make you permafat. Calling it a journey won't make someone quit at the end. Maybe if they called it a "vacation" that would undeniably imply it will one day be over.... but we all know it's not one of those. I tried, but I'm not a very good bully.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    In future I'll tell people that I'm on a Scorpions instead of a Journey.

Take me to the magic of the moment
    On a glory night
    Where the children of tomorrow dream away
    in the wind of change

Walking down the street
    Distant memories
    Are buried in the past forever
    I follow the Moskva
    Down to Gorky Park
    Listening to the wind of change

If thats the case then I want to be one of the Highway Men...

I was a highwayman, along the coach roads I did ride
    Sword and pistol by my side
    Many a young maid lost her baubles to my trade
    Many a soldier shed his lifeblood on my blade
    The *kitten* hung me in the spring of twenty five
    But I am still alive

I was a sailor, I was born upon the tide
    With the sea I did abide
    I sailed a schooner 'round the Horn to Mexico
    I went aloft and furled the mainsail in a blow
    And when the yards broke off, they said that I got killed
    But I am livin' still
  • fluffychicken7
    fluffychicken7 Posts: 77 Member
    bynsky, don't be hating on the Asian brother. He's not that bad. lol
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    I'll just join in here since the 'journey' talk makes me want to stop believin'...

... butweight loss isn't a 'journey'. Just because some dolt on the Biggest Loser tells you that he/she is on a journey, that doesn't make it so - rather, it's a lifestyle change. A journey has a definite end - a lifestyle change goes with you for life. There is a definite and sensible difference.
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    you're all obviously barking mad....I love it - have had a most excellent 10 mins laughing ...OP if you like it....you stink (feel better?)
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Can you please come over to the Couch to 5k board so you can get past week 4:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/47-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k-

It's so much better than worrying about stuff like this and trolling the forums....

But, I have been running 4 miles every Saturday. That would be taking a step backwards.

(OK.. it's treadmill running, and I can't pace myself to run in the real world nearly that far yet, but let me have my battle victory even if I haven't won the running war yet).

That is too awesome. There is no winning the running war, as you well know. I must have read an older post of yours the other day....
  • montana_girl
    montana_girl Posts: 1,403 Member
    I was on a weight loss journey.

I went from unfit to fit.

Now I'm on maintanence.

Hate me if you must.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    If it's bullying and hate mail you're really after, I could pretend you're my exhusband and let loose. :flowerforyou:

I could take that. People come in my office, and rant to get it out of their system all day long. I'm like a therapy dog that way.