• xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Bad parents are... ...bad parents.

Yes.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    leaving this thread, i should have known better...when you give rednecks the internet...

this thread just got more smarter
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Tragic, but not anything to do with this site.

Agreed, I'm here to get fit, not discuss tragic deaths, poor parenting, or gun control.

Then move along the bus lol!

If there are topics that are not suitable for you then don`t bother with them, simple?

You've been here long enough to know this rule, just saying. Won't be surprised when this gets locked or/and nuked.

16. No Political Topics in the Main Forums

Political content is not allowed on the Main Forums. This includes images. Please form or join a Group if you would like to engage in political debate on MyFitnessPal.
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    leaving this thread, i should have known better...when you give rednecks the internet...

These rednecks you speak of carry concealed and would save your a** if some idiot tried to harm you.

Or shoot you if you misquote Jeff Foxworthy.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options
    cricket-22-rifle.jpg

if that is your child, and you were located in my province, i would report you. hope no one in your family gets killed by a gun!

not my child, yanked from google... I don't live in a province. What would you report? LOL thats funny

i would report your child being in possession and using a firearm, to children's aid, you know...child protective services.

That's not illegal. Its not even unsafe. This little girl probably knows more about firearms then you do.

they do, which is terrible, if i lived in the united states she would probably shoot me by accident.

and i live in canada, and cas would DEFINITELY open a case and investigate your parenting skills.

Only if she was in Kentucky. And they give all the kids guns there.

I think that picture is terribly wrong, unless the little girl is at a fun fair and shooting peanuts to win a soft toy?

In an ideal scenario her parents would be standing right beside her?
    They are cant you see them? Oh wait your assuming they are all off drinking red white and blue in the back of their pick up trucks? How do you know they arent standing right there...Even if the photographer is the parent. Seriously? If you are that "helicopter" esque. That's really bad
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

Agreed, I'm here to get fit, not discuss tragic deaths, poor parenting, or gun control.

If there are topics that are not suitable for you then don`t bother with them, simple?

You've been here long enough to know this rule, just saying. Won't be surprised when this gets locked or/and nuked.

Political content is not allowed on the Main Forums. This includes images. Please form or join a Group if you would like to engage in political debate on MyFitnessPal.

this isnt a political topic... no one even mentioned legislation or politicians
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    To MASSIVE DELTA.....

Can I ask you a simple `yes` or `no` question

If the gun was not available would this `accident` have happened?

So...your solutions is to rid all the world of guns to bandaid poor parenting skills?

You did not answer yes or no?

Cause your logic is invalid. thats not a feasible solution.

The logic is very simple it is a yes or no answer

I will put it very simply,for logic's, if the 5 year old did not have access to a gun would the `accident` of killing the 2 year old sibling have occurred?

Possibly did they have access to a drawer full of kitchen knives? A ball bat? a step ladder?

Thank you!!!

All children have not been trained in the art of knives etc...they are children and if for some strange reason the parent is not there to protect their 5 year old or 2 year old then they will `have the sense to go in the cutlery draw?`

It is the parents responsibility to take care of their child IMO
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options

These rednecks you speak of carry concealed and would save your a** if some idiot tried to harm you.

Or shoot you if you misquote Jeff Foxworthy.

One could never misquote Foxworthy. You know youre a redneck when you watch Nascar with a beer (insert redneck stereotype).
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I was handed my first gun at age 2.

I was brought up knowing how to properly use, clean, shoot etc...

But the first thing I was taught was to always check to see if the gun was loaded.

You bet your a** I carry concealed, and I plan to instill the same principles in my children.

If not for them, for the safety of the people around them.

EDIT: Just wanted to edit to say that it is only bad parenting if children aren't supervised or taught correctly. So in this case, yes, extremely bad parenting. Knowledge is key to prevention. If that child had been given the correct tools and information with that gun as a gift, that accident could have been entirely prevented.

I agree with you.
    You can engineer all kinds of safety devices for firearms, but you cant engineer the stupid out of people.

And you, too.

I am an American and I have a right to buy, carry and operate a firearm. That is my right. But I also have a responsibility as an American and that is to be an educated individual that has the proper knowledge in order to use this right in a responsible manner that is the safest for the people around me.
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

*Either 'smarter' or 'more smart'. Not 'more smarter'.

uhh yes I know it was deliberate.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

this isnt a political topic... no one even mentioned legislation or politicians

Gun control is a political topic. I've seen threads nuked for it. But..we'll wait and see.
  • wareagle8706
    Options

then get out of the thread.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

Who's to know when you're being facetious considering you've already said so many crazy things.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options

Take a chill time out!
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    cricket-22-rifle.jpg

if that is your child, and you were located in my province, i would report you. hope no one in your family gets killed by a gun!

not my child, yanked from google... I don't live in a province. What would you report? LOL thats funny

i would report your child being in possession and using a firearm, to children's aid, you know...child protective services.

That's not illegal. Its not even unsafe. This little girl probably knows more about firearms then you do.

they do, which is terrible, if i lived in the united states she would probably shoot me by accident.

and i live in canada, and cas would DEFINITELY open a case and investigate your parenting skills.

Only if she was in Kentucky. And they give all the kids guns there.

Hey..let's not bash Kentucky, not all kids have guns and responsible parents teach them properly (her parents could be in the pic...just not seen).
  • MassiveDelta
    Options

Who's to know when you're being facetious considering you've already said so many crazy things.

Well thats opinion.... are you contributing or just part of the problem?
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    This is a very tragic case of parental neglect.
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

Well thats opinion.... are you contributing or just part of the problem?

What a ridiculous question considering I've posted numerous times in this thread already. It appears to me the only thing you're 'contributing' is a gaggle of gun-toting kids. Well done. Really, pat yourself on the back. *sarcasm in case you missed it*
  • wareagle8706
    Options
    [/quote]

Scenario, I live in the UK, my child goes to a birthday party, plays hide and seek, he goes way back in a closet and hope he wins a nice prize? He would not expect to find a shotgun?

Neither of my children would be going to play hide and seek with anyone that I thought had a gun in their possession? I would always go with the kids to any party also? I am responsible for protecting my kids, they would not be responsible at a such a young age to protect themselves?
    [/quote]

Why is the a ? at the end of every sentence even though they aren't questions......

You would play hide and seek with your child at a birthday party for children??? That poor kid. And you can't know for sure that everywhere your child goes will not have a gun just becuase you live in the UK.
This discussion has been closed.