How do you get rid of the C-section "flap"?

Options

Replies

• lborsato1
    lborsato1 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 c-sections too..... but managed to get my flat tummy back.
    I think alot of the flap "issues" are a result of how the doc put you back together afterwards...
    My scan is not very noticeable, and have never really had a bump, or flap so I consider myself one of the lucky ones !
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Surgery baby, that's it.
    When they cut you open, they go through muscle and all of it, and there is no way to get it back the way it was. So, short of opening you up again, all you can do is shrink the size of it so you don't have to tuck it in your pants! I've had 5 babies and 4 of them were sections, so I've had the same concerns as you!

I don't think surgery is the only answer. My sister has had multiple c-sections as she has had all very large babies and she has gotten a flat stomach again........

It takes time and eating natural foods and exercise to burn the fat off your body.

I see you haven't had any c sections.....

And that matters because? :flowerforyou: I had a natural birth with no type of meds or anything at all.

I was commenting on the fact that my sister has had mutilple c-sections and she has a flat stomach and is working on a 6 pack ab.........

I still think that people jump the gun too fast and have surgeries when it is needed or necessary. It is the "easy way out".
    Agreed!

Eat well, work out and it will come off!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Tummy Tuck. Fast and easy.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    And a 1200 calorie diet to maintain said tummy tuck.

Quick results are the only real results!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Surgery. Bonus points if you make it into a kangaroo pouch. :bigsmile:
  • bybyadipocytes
    bybyadipocytes Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c sections and one of those operations was to pull out….. twins! I have a scar that indents a bit, but I think if you get your body fat % low you can flatten that area ( you might be much happier without surgery, there are more scars if you go that route). You can still tone muscles and have a nice tummy after a c section, even multiple ones. Although everyone's body and genes are different, don't get discouraged! Surgery is always there if you need it…but I saved my $ for boobs ;)
    Take care!
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a C-section, but when they took my appendix out, they left a C-section scar. Seriously. And yes, because it was so long ago, the tissue is kind of permanently like that unless I am willing to go in and have it trimmmed away.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    2 C-sections. Gained a good bit of weight. No flap. Lemme see if I can find a photo.

All I did was work hard at the gym and be mindful of calories.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    A friend told me today for military wives - Tricare will cover a tummy tuck since the flap can cause infections.

"If you lose a lot of weight, and the flap gets worse I've read that you can get the Army to pay for a tummy tuck because infections can grow in there so your doctor will put a tummy tuck through tricare for "preventative treatment"."

I didn't know that! Def an option to look into once I'm done having kids but at the moment I'm going to see what Insanity does for me. So glad it wasn't all in my head about the belly flop & c-sections. I had my second this year. The first time was an emergency csection

This is great news! I love Tricare -- it can be a bureaucratic pain sometimes but I've only ever had positive experiences in my 12+ years of being married to an Army guy.

2 c-sections + 20 years of obesity - 120 lbs = tummy tuck fer sher

ETA: I just finished reading the whole thread. For those of you who got back your flat belly with just losing weight and working hard at the gym, that's great, and I'm envious. I'm losing weight and working hard at the gym too, but even at 72 lbs down I can tell I'm going to need it when I reach my weight goal. There's no one-size-fits-all solution.

:smile:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,607 Member
    Options
    Surgery. Bonus points if you make it into a kangaroo pouch. :bigsmile:
    I'd never lose my keys again!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    The OP is from 2010... :huh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    And a 1200 calorie diet to maintain said tummy tuck.

Quick results are the only real results!

No.

Not this.

There are many kinds of results.

For me personally when I had my first c section i was able to look decent with just diet and exercise the pooch was gone but still had stretch marks. Wish i could get rid of that but I was OKAY.

Then with the second one I could tell I needed extra help and since I had the means, I just went ahead. It's not a crime.

As for 1200 that's only valid for some people and it's situational. I'm not sure you know me well enough to be doing sarcasm on me but if you want to discuss your feelings in a PM and I can clear things up as to what I mean, that's fine.

It's just there comes a point where the skin is so bad that yeah, there's no crime in speeding things up a little if you have a lifestyle that waiting doesn't work for you.
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I don't see why women have children and then complain about the tolls on the body when you already are aware of the consequences of pregnancy and birth.
  • chezzabelle82
    chezzabelle82 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I don't see why women have children and then complain about the tolls on the body when you already are aware of the consequences of pregnancy and birth.

True BUT you could say the same about people that eat crap and junk and don't exercise and then complain they got fat, everybody knows the consequences of a bad diet and no exercise but it still doesn't stop people doing it.
    Also there is a lot of pressure on women to get their body back quickly after having kids thanks to the media (celebs that are a size zero again hours after giving birth forced in our faces) so if we like it or not we feel like we have to have a perfect body ????
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options

I know, right? We could just be miserable and not seek out solutions. Say, could you post a list of pre-approved questions we're allowed to ask? Gee, thank you so much in advance! :flowerforyou:
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

Since you are a man, don't you think this a area that is very sensitive to us and a little more empathy would be nice..
  • lmann72
    lmann72 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Two c-sections, a partial nephrectomy , an appendectomy, and a hernia repair - I don't think I'll ever be completely flat! :sad:
  • fayetinii
    fayetinii Posts: 17 Member
    Options

I know, right? We could just be miserable and not seek out solutions. Say, could you post a list of pre-approved questions we're allowed to ask? Gee, thank you so much in advance! :flowerforyou:

Haha!! Brilliant ;)

I never had a c section but I was left with very saggy skin on my belly, I had a tummy tuck in Poland to get rid as there was no way the skin on my belly was gonna shrink! 7lb of skin was removed.... thats like another baby! Lol
  • gert1985
    gert1985 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i also had a C-section. I am far from having mine "gotten rid of" but...
    when I cut wheat and processed foods, my stomach gets a lot flatter
    way faster than anything else I do.
    My problem is I fall off the wagon so have never found out if I could
    truly get rid of it completely.