How do you get rid of the C-section "flap"?

Options
1235»

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    A friend told me today for military wives - Tricare will cover a tummy tuck since the flap can cause infections.

"If you lose a lot of weight, and the flap gets worse I've read that you can get the Army to pay for a tummy tuck because infections can grow in there so your doctor will put a tummy tuck through tricare for "preventative treatment"."

I didn't know that! Def an option to look into once I'm done having kids but at the moment I'm going to see what Insanity does for me. So glad it wasn't all in my head about the belly flop & c-sections. I had my second this year. The first time was an emergency csection

not in all cases will the military cover it, you have to have a sympathetic doctor to forward the request and a sympathetic surgeon to approve it. in most cases unless you have proof that is it causing rashes and infections they won't approve it. I know I've tried....i have noticed they are more lenient on spouses-- you would think they would want the active duty with less liability but not so much.

You would think to get a $7,000 surgery covered you could come with with a rash. I sure as hell could!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I don't see why women have children and then complain about the tolls on the body when you already are aware of the consequences of pregnancy and birth.

Since the "consequences" can range from no effects at all, to stretch marks, to emergency surgeries, to complications, to becoming paralyzed, to death, I would say NO, women DO NOT know the consequences of their pregnancy going into it.
  • shinisize
    shinisize Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't see why women have children and then complain about the tolls on the body when you already are aware of the consequences of pregnancy and birth.

Actually, women are great at lying to eachother and saying that everything is going to be magical and peachy keen--especially when it comes to pregnancy. My significant other was absolutely appalled by the BS that doctors, authors of well-respected books, and other women would try to sell me while I was pregnant. The problem really lies in the fact that society puts a premium on looking like you haven't had children, instead of embracing the idea that bringing new life into our world changes each woman's body a little differently. It's hard to accept your scars when people show genuine revulsion to seeing them, regardless of how good of shape you are in or how you got them, and so women won't stop looking for ways to undo the changes to their body until the world around them changes how it reacts to those changes.