Where to buy pants? HELP?!

Options
1235»

Replies

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    just based on the previous few posts....can't wait to see your progress pics.

Macklemore-1.jpg
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    I can usually find super cheap ($20-$30) decent jeans at Fred Meyer.

If you are willing to spend more on some jeans ($100-$200) that you'll love and will last, try Buckle - they have a lot of different styles and fits and are good quality - basically their entire store is jeans so there's all different kinds that are cute.

Somewhere in between those two price ranges is Maurices, they don't have as large of a selection as Buckle, but they are quality.
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I used to work at Buckle and only liked certain jeans they carried. I actually have a butt and thighs. I am obsessed with Daytrip Aries. Their newer line Grace in LA is definitely flattering on curvy figures. And they're comfortable. Charlotte Russe is pretty good, too. American Eagle, Forever 21 (never bought jeans but shorts there and TONS of tops), Express are all some of my favs :)
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    just based on the previous few posts....can't wait to see your progress pics.

Macklemore-1.jpg
    Ask your grandpa, can I have his hand me downs?

Thanks, you just made my night!

Edit: Currently wearing a Gap shirt and J.Crew pants...from that thrift shop down the road.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid the mommy jean look... even though I am a mom :)

I buy Silver Jeans on sale and have them tailored to fit.

I also shop at "designer" boutiques and thrift stops.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    My best-fitting pants are from Banana Republic and J. Crew. Once you find a style that fits, you can often find clearance items on line for a fraction of the original price.
  • chubbybunnee
    chubbybunnee Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I didn't read any of the other posts...as soon as I saw your topic I had to get on here to answer! MAURICES! If there is a Maurices in your area, check it out! They have TONS of jeans in plus size and smaller sizes. The best part is that they have different fits for curvy girls, and different brands. They even have Silver brand! You can get 20% off usually with a promotion they have. I LOVE THEM! The best part....Don't take advantage of this....but they have an amazing return policy! I was losing pant sizes so fast that I was only in 14's for a month before I dropped to 12's and they returned all my pants even without the tags! They get your info when you buy them and can look up your purchases later for convenient returns! That way, you aren't wasting money on clothes you only got to wear once or twice! I started shopping there when I was a 16 and can keep shopping there because they have all sizes in all kinds of cuts! When I was a 10, there was always tons in stock in my size! They also come in extra short to extra tall! 00 to 28. Their store rocks!!! AND, there associates are super friendly, remember your name, and make you feel like you matter! There clearance section is awesome and I got some killer dresses for $10! The name sounds like an old man store, but they have awesome clothes! They have a "clubbing" section, a casual section, a dressy business section, and a dress casual section. They also sell shoes and belts and accessories! If you have one near you, check it out!!!! Also, check out their deals online! You can sign up for coupons up to 40% off!:heart::heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've been rocking sweat pants because I've lost a good amount of weight since having my baby but can't seem to find a pair of jeans that fit me great.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of Not Your Daughter's Jeans? I don't know where to get them, though.

NYD jeans is about all Nordstrom carries anymore. I tried on a pair of these. The rise was so high I would have had to have my arms attached somewhere around my neck.
  • RunFarLiveHappy
    RunFarLiveHappy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the additional replies!! Hoping this thread helps others as well. I've put a hold on shopping for a bit longer. I've found a handful of size sixes that fit, but were on the snug side. Since I'm still losing I'm just going to wait a bit more. I can belt it up until then lol. I have about 6% body fat to lose to get to 20% and I know I'll be dropping some additional inches. ????????????
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Good idea! I've gone from a 12 to a 6 since starting MFP. I still have three size 8's that haven't been worn and I keep forgetting to return to AE.