HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• Chele_Belle_
    Chele_Belle_ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    memathmfp wrote: »
    Just finished week 5 of SL and I'm down 5.2lbs, down 15 inches, and down 5% BF! Wowza! Just blown away by these results!

Way to rock it!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,752 Member
    Options
    memathmfp wrote: »
    Just finished week 5 of SL and I'm down 5.2lbs, down 15 inches, and down 5% BF! Wowza! Just blown away by these results!

Wowza is right. Fantastic results. fwcenpdn65ek.gif
  • Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Can someone who has success with stronglifts add me and give me basically every detail I need to know? I REALLY want to do it but I need advice.
  • unnichaacko
    unnichaacko Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Kelll12123 wrote: »
    Can someone who has success with stronglifts add me and give me basically every detail I need to know? I REALLY want to do it but I need advice.

@quiksylver296
  • Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options

There's a free pdf from the author and a dedicated group to join that can explain it all to you that simplifies it still further. Try reading those because someone's already done a lot of work to give you those details. Then you can ask more informed questions.

Here's the group to join.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

Here's their simplified summary of the program (very helpful) on a thread where you can ask clarifying questions.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/560459/stronglifts-5x5-summary#latest

All the info is on the site, along with form videos for the lifts. Everyone's experience with the program will be unique to them. You can't judge how you will do based on what they are doing or did. Goals might be different. One person might be bulking, another cutting and yet another recomping.
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options

There's a free pdf from the author and a dedicated group to join that can explain it all to you that simplifies it still further. Try reading those because someone's already done a lot of work to give you those details. Then you can ask more informed questions.

Here's the group to join.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

Here's their simplified summary of the program (very helpful) on a thread where you can ask clarifying questions.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/560459/stronglifts-5x5-summary#latest

+1 to this. Excellent group and excellent reading materials to go through before you get started.
  • marybowldseddington
    marybowldseddington Posts: 71 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Sorry for underwear pic but it's only from the back and it shows my hamstrings and back muscles!!!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    As of last night.
    3sz9bwpx5jfq.jpg

That's my girl!!! Boulder shoulders! <3<3<3
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I feel a little ridiculous writing this, but I hope some on here will understand.

I have struggled with my weight for over 10 yrs and finally, with the help of a dr, found and addressed a health issue that caused the weight gain and prevented loss. I'm a little over 5', and gained over 100 lbs. It's been absolutely horrible.

Now, I'm about 10-15 lbs away from my goal, and the scale moves very slowly. Like -.2 or, maybe, -.4 lbs a week.

I'm tempted to begin resistance training. (Currently, I swim.) But, if I saw the scale go UP from weight lifting ... honestly, I just can't do that. Does this make sense? Is it something to be concerned with? Does it even happen with weight lifting? Does anyone have experience with this issue and can give me a pointer or two as I contemplate beginning a weight lifting program?

I know the scale doesn't tell the whole story, but for me, given my experience and circumstances, the number means a lot. Maybe it shouldn't, but right now it does.

Thanks for reading and, hopefully, understanding ...

• shakspeare99
    shakspeare99 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Seems that what you did worked for you. All the best to you in your journey
  • memathmfp
    memathmfp Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump.
  • StrongGirlFitGirl
    StrongGirlFitGirl Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I start lifting again on Monday! I lifted last year and got stronger, but my diet wasn't good. Now, my diet is good, so I'm ready to get the two - eating and exercise - working together!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!