• drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Pervert :)
  • BigDave1050
    BigDave1050 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I think I'm an attention *kitten*!

I get allot of looks when I go out (I'm tall) might as well put on a show for them right?
    dh6_zps1a2c9e2d.gif
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    This is so me... sometimes it makes people feel awkward and I'm not even doing anything :ohwell:
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I will recommend the book "Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking" by Susan Cain. It isn't scientific but there are mentions of studies that have been done. It is mostly personal stories that relate to the studies. The beginning is also about how our society transformed from one that valued introverts to one that expects everyone to be extroverted. I know several people who have read and enjoyed it also.
    Yes, it's an excellent book IMHO.
  • nicalexx
    nicalexx Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i'm really uncomfortable around strangers in real life. i can put up a false front of friendliness and make small talk, but inside i find meeting new people to be very awkward and usually don't speak unless i must. when that happens, i mask that awkwardness with humor.

i don't like to be the center of attention and much prefer to be just another anonymous face in the crowd. i have no idea why some people so desperately want to become "famous". i would find that to be awful. i've always been this way. until i know somebody better, i'm always ill at ease around them.

i guess you could say i'm an introvert.

what about you?

This is exactly how I feel every single day!
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Introvert. Oddly enough, I'm pretty outgoing online so some might mistake me as an extrovert. In real life, I'm rather reserved and keep to myself. I enjoy my alone time.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    introvert. much prefer my own company, a book or movie. I find most ppl are not at all understanding, compassionate or polite about it however so I am a RUDE INTROVERT.
    If I don't want to talk on the phone, I say so
    If I don't feel like company, I say so
    If I'm at your house, party - whatever and I feel like going home, I do.
    Like it or lump it- YOU don't explain YOUR actions to me and I refuse to explain myself
    so introvert - but assertive about it
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    Making small talk is a lot more likely to lead to genuine friendships than spilling your guts is. There's nothing wrong with being an introvert, but give yourself credit for your social skills.
  • onedayatatime410
    onedayatatime410 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    JUST MY OPINION...
    I think it is funny how a lot of people call Introverts extroverted. In order to really judge a person's preferences, you have to know them and what they think internally. And typically introverts don't tend to give that type of info out unless we trust ya! You only see what we want you to see on the outside, not what we truly prefer most times. Just a thought lol...
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'm an introvert but working on it...
  • Mommareed4
    Mommareed4 Posts: 144
    Options
    Introvert :ohwell:
  • synthetiquecindy
    Options
    I'm a hardcore introvert. I really have to put on a show and "act" the part to appear extroverted. But ain't nobody got time for that, lol. Some really famous people who were constantly in the spotlight were introverted. Michael Jackson is the best example I know of, but there are many others like Michael Jordan and Albert Einstein, as well as numerous actors.

Ain't nobody got time for that, indeed. Lol.

Introvert!
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Why? There's nothing wrong with being an Introvert. And it's not something you can change even if you want to. Your temperament is something you're 'hard-wired' with. On the other hand...if you're shy, yes, you could work on that. :-)

MYTH --> Introverts can "fix themselves" and become Extroverts.
    Introverts cannot “fix themselves” and deserve respect for their natural temperament and contributions to the human race.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I am a lot of fun at parties, a good convo starter and overall extrovert. Ill talk to anyone and generally people around me end up becoming more talkative as I encourage it.
    I have a lot to say to everyone!
  • ShyGirl89
    ShyGirl89 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Introvert to the MAX.
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Why? There's nothing wrong with being an Introvert. And it's not something you can change even if you want to. Your temperament is something you're 'hard-wired' with. On the other hand...if you're shy, yes, you could work on that. :-)

MYTH --> Introverts can "fix themselves" and become Extroverts.
    Introverts cannot “fix themselves” and deserve respect for their natural temperament and contributions to the human race.

Being shy was really more what I was referring to
  • ilmb87
    ilmb87 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Introvert.
  • 5erious
    5erious Posts: 469
    Options
    pervert