I SHOULD JUST GIVE UP!!!

Options

Replies

• TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    If you drop your phone on the floor do you stomp on it until it breaks? No, you pick it up and keep moving.

Quitting after 1 bite of pancakes? PLEASE! Make this something you can do forever. If that means having a bite or 2 or 200... incorporate it into your day and move on. 1 bite of pancakes with syrup couldn't have been more than 100 calories.

Step back and look at the big picture.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Oh m god, you're a man.

Ok, yes, give up.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Please tell me you are joking. One slip and you want to throw in the towel? I guess I should have too but then I wouldn't have successfully lost 68lbs. Get back on the wagon! It's not a crisis! Are you really intending to never again eat a pancake in your life? I surely hope not. You didn't devour the lot or the entire bottle of liquid sugar. Eat a healthy lunch and dinner and you will be perfectly fine. MODERATION. Don't punish yourself for being human! Punish yourself for considering yourself a failure when CLEARLY you have the willpower... you have made it 3 months! BE PROUD!!! And next time you are faced with a temptation, don't beat yourself up if you give in, just be aware of HOW MUCH you are indulging.... It's a lifestyle change, not a diet.
  • FitterStrongerHappier
    FitterStrongerHappier Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    you know, I've been at this for a little over a year. Lost 57 lbs, gained about 15 back over the Holidays, and am on my way back down again. I have about 70 or so to go....

after doing this for a year - more than that - I've learned that the thing that works the best for me, is to not give up any food. Find ways to have what you want, learn to eat it in moderation, and focus most of your meals on foods that are within your plan and goals. I had 1.5 pieces of banana bread with chocolate chips yesterday. It was AWESOME. Did I feel bad? NOPE. I just had the most AMAZING breakfast sandwich(for lunch) - kills any fast food crap you could buy - it was about 400 calories, and I'm STUFFED. and feel GREAT.

I enjoy my food - and I do far better keeping carbs IN my diet - limiting the high glycemic ones mainly because they make my cravings go OFF THE WALL - just try to focus on the ones that don't spike my blood sugar, and in turn throw my cravings off the hook. I won't do banana bread every day - or if I do, it won't be 400 calories worth - just because I'd rather have real food mostly. Staring at something, pining for it, sets you up for failure. All the will power in the world - don't care how strong you are - won't last forever. You can't do this as a temporary change - it has to be for life, So find a way to make peace with food. Don't fight your 'diet', but embrace it. if you are struggling that hard with it, or it makes you this miserable, you aren't doing the right diet for YOU. I believe everyone has to find what works for them - but i hate to say it, it doesn't sound like low carb is your forever solution. yes. FOREVER. whatever you choose to do - make it forever.

Good luck!!
  • LiziAB
    LiziAB Posts: 55
    Options
    I am a complete and total failure. I have given into temptation. I ate a bite off of my daughter’s pancakes. She was done and i just could not resist. I just don't have what it takes to do this. How can i possibly expect to lose weight when i don't have the strength to say no to a carb covered in sugar and fat? I will never be able to do anything right. Carbs for crying out loud, flipping carbs, i know better. I have been carb free for 3 months and now this. I am a complete and total failure. I shall go now and suffer the wrath of destruction that must become of someone like me.

I am sending Jillian michaels over to your house so she can yell at you because you are WEAK!!!!!!!
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    If I couldn't have pancakes, I'd give up too.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I am a complete and total failure. I have given into temptation. I ate a bite off of my daughter’s pancakes. She was done and i just could not resist. I just don't have what it takes to do this. How can i possibly expect to lose weight when i don't have the strength to say no to a carb covered in sugar and fat? I will never be able to do anything right. Carbs for crying out loud, flipping carbs, i know better. I have been carb free for 3 months and now this. I am a complete and total failure. I shall go now and suffer the wrath of destruction that must become of someone like me.

I hope you aren't serious, but I will answer as if you are. First of all, how on earth have you considered yourself to be "carb-free"? Even the most ardent advocates of very low carb diets admit that they eat SOME carbs. Second, if you are going to be healthy, you need the carbohydrates in vegetables and fruits (and the phyto-nutrients they contain). One bit of pancake is hardly going to wreck your whole plan. Why don't you allow yourself a bit more liberality on your carbohydrate allowance? Say maybe, 70 to 110 grams of carb or so. I'm not saying that you should load up on pancakes and Pop-Tarts, but you are likely missing out on a lot of nutrition, by so severely limiting yourself--and it sets you up for failure and regain. The idea is to eat healthy carbs--like vegetables, fruits, some whole grain (and even the occasional treat like a pancake once in a while, provided you don't have blood sugar issues, which most seriously obese people have) .
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You're obviously not a failure if you have lost 33 lbs! Don't deprive yourself and the cravings won't be so uncontrollable. If you want a pancake, eat one, count the calories, and move on. Forgive yourself when you feel you have gone off track and get right back on. And by the way... everyone needs carbs!!

Love this!
  • Mamagoss
    Mamagoss Posts: 9
    Options
    Don't give up... just figure out how many calories that was and walk it off.. then it wasn't even there.. You can do it.. you can't stay away from it forever.. give yourself a small cheat day.. I only allow sweets on the weekend.. we look forward to it but that gives us the will power to hold out during the week.. we don't over indulge but allow something that we don't usually have during the week.. just remember that tomorrow is another day.. you will do it.. you have already lost 33lbs.. that is great... keep up the good work..
  • PrimalPixie
    PrimalPixie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, that's just ridiculous. You really call that failure? Come on! I've had many days where I've eaten anything that isn't nailed down, especially chocolate!
    Tehe. Too funny!

* To the OP, don't sweat it. One bite is not a big deal. Persistence, not perfection. We all have rough days, just keep on going...
  • stephaniemejia1671
    stephaniemejia1671 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I made pancakes this morning, ate them and they were wonderful. I might have some later. If that's how you feel then you failed and you won't succeed. Start thinking about what you can do to feel and do better to be able to move on and not give up.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    If you can't master a healthy relationship with food and indulgence, you WILL fail eventually.
    Don't be so restrictive.
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    Oh my god, you're a man.

I get this reaction from girls every time I take them home and undress. I don't get it.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it. I would have had a bite or two of those as well !

I must have had over 20 days where I've eaten close to or over 3000 calories - full boxes of cookies, brownies, ice cream, pizza, fried shrimp.

But I'm still losing weight.

Moderation and consistency are so important. You WILL win if you have patience and do the right thing 90% of the time!

P.S. Try whole wheat pancakes with fruit and light sugar free syrup if you need processed food for fewer calories.
    If it were me, I'd try some whole wheat flour / mashed banana pancakes from scratch (recipe floats around here often) with raw strawberries and blueberries mashed and boiled down to a syrupy consistency. Freeze it for an easy meal in the morning.
  • suziwillpower1
    Options
    But, DUDE! You lost 30 POUNDS!!! Pancakes? Really? Try working at a restaurant that has the best Sunday Brunch in town, where I give into temptation, and eat tater tots, and bacon all day. I wish I could eat pancakes. I'm allergic to gluten. Be grateful that you can eat that wonderful stuff. I love the taste of pancakes, but even only after a few minutes, my stomach explodes, and I look like the dude from Monty Python who is just about to eat a wafer thin mint... Even if I eat a bite of a pancake that is wafer thin, I explode! Hahaha

You are fine. Lighten up Francis!
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

Seriously? THIS is your "failure"? Rethink and re-prioritize.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options

Methinks some folks need to Google "sarcasm."
  • pkteen
    pkteen Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Lmao

My sarcasm meter hit the roof on that one.

I just ate a bite of deep fried samosa. But JUST a small bite...
    You'll be fine... Just don't eat a whole plate of normal sugary pancakes.
    TC
  • msabio
    msabio Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't give up :)
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

Methinks some folks need to Google "sarcasm."

YA THINK?