Options

Replies

• pattibooth3992
    Options
    You're kiddlng right????
  • crabbok
    crabbok Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am a complete and total failure. I have given into temptation. I ate a bite off of my daughter’s pancakes. She was done and i just could not resist. I just don't have what it takes to do this. How can i possibly expect to lose weight when i don't have the strength to say no to a carb covered in sugar and fat? I will never be able to do anything right. Carbs for crying out loud, flipping carbs, i know better. I have been carb free for 3 months and now this. I am a complete and total failure. I shall go now and suffer the wrath of destruction that must become of someone like me.

I'm sorry man, being a failure sucks. There is no hope man, even if you get back on the wagon you will probably fall off again. Especially since a single bite of pancake gets you so emotionally wrecked... imagine what would have happened if you had 2 bites? I can't even fathom the terror.
  • clubben2k
    clubben2k Posts: 29
    Options
    When you eat crap you crave crap, eat less crap crave less crap. It's not the end of the world that you ate something "not good" for you. You have lost 33lbs already so you know what to do, get back on the wagon and stop crying the sky is falling.
  • MACThree
    MACThree Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Your meter says that you've lost 33 pounds so far. That's amazing! Giving in to temptation doesn't make you a failure, but giving in to failure does.
  • gmaofnine
    gmaofnine Posts: 3
    Options
    It happens to all of us!!! Don't beat yourself up! It's only one meal!!! Look at the positive.....33 pounds!!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    one bite? WTF ...I smell a troll...
  • SandiW02
    SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    DON'T GIVE UP!! Big deal so you ate a bite of pancakes I mean it's not like you ate the never ending pancake pile at IHOP. You record it and move on and make a better choice next time. You are already on a great weight loss journey and making change is hard. I find if you allow yourself a treat now and again you can go overboard (I do anyway). Moderation is key.

You got this - at least you admitted it - that's the hard part!
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. My son had a tastykake last night after dinner and instead of him eating the two in the package, he ate one. He put the other one back in the pantry. Well.....I ate it. I shouldn't have, it was wrong and I hate that I did, but it was yummy and at that moment I was weak. I pretty much NEVER have sweets, so it was a one time set back. No worries:happy:

My son would do that, I'd eat it to yum yum lol Gotta give yourself a treat sometimes.
  • chinchykevin
    chinchykevin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I tell myself everyday, God give me this body, I need to try and take care of it. We all fail at things sometime, it is the the love of family and friend, and most of all in yourself that keeps us strong. And always remember it not always on the outside, but frist be happy on the inside. Love You Fitness Pal:happy:
  • Coldpony18
    Coldpony18 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Didn't you know you get three mistakes a day? Any more than that and we might have to talk about it!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    OP I am truly disgusted with you. The fact that you're not taking your diet seriously is despicable. And did you say your DAUGHTER'S PANCAKES!! The fact that you're even feeding that poison to your children shows me just what kind of person you are. She should be eating a healthy and nutritious meal like broccoli and chicken. Frankly I think she should go to another family as I'm truly questioning your ability to parent.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I am a complete and total failure. I have given into temptation. I ate a bite off of my daughter’s pancakes. She was done and i just could not resist. I just don't have what it takes to do this. How can i possibly expect to lose weight when i don't have the strength to say no to a carb covered in sugar and fat? I will never be able to do anything right. Carbs for crying out loud, flipping carbs, i know better. I have been carb free for 3 months and now this. I am a complete and total failure. I shall go now and suffer the wrath of destruction that must become of someone like me.

Yes you are a complete failure. You are no better than my gluttonous little dachshund who tore into my daughter's mac and cheese that she left on the couch. We kicked the dog out of the house and into the back yard to give her time to think about what she had done. I suggest you seriously think about all the damage done - it would be best to ponder this next to your family pooch's doghouse. If you don't have a dog house, see if you can camp out at the neighbor's dog house. They surely wouldn't mind.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :happy: (If I had a nickel for every time I failed....) PS - congrats on the 33 lbs loss. That's terrific!
  • NicoleDoumbe
    Options
    Dont give up.......just keep at it. I did the same thing with my daughters food, so I just start emphasizing. I would make wheat pancake and eat with low cal syrup. Dont give up there is always and way to get your favorite foods in.:smile::smile: :smile:
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    1. You haven't been carb free.

2. If you feel like you should give up for taking a bite of pancakes, you have bigger problems than weight or diet.

3. Get up, put on your big girl panties, and move on.
  • pearlygirl79
    Options
    Please dont give up! We all laps every so often it is part of being human. You seem to have done great so far. You lose has been inspiring to say the least. I am just starting and havent lost anything yet but finding where I need to cut back and where I can excel. Just dont give up you will dislike yourself even more!
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    yesterday I ate 2 pieces of Mark's sheet pizza.. one of them with no cheese or anything because all I wanted was the crust. Carbs are a sneaky sneaky *kitten*. But whatever. Today I'll eat like I know I should. That's all it takes. Doing the right thing the rest of the time. and seriously, how many calories and carbs could ONE bite of pancakes possibly have?? because unless it miraculously has 115,500 calories (the number of extra calories it would take to gain back 33 pounds), all is not lost. Calm it down man. You'll be fine.
  • Olguitabonita
    Olguitabonita Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Two words...HECK NO! It is supposed to be mountains and valleys, not a straight upward line of progress...you will look back at this and say... I DID IT!!!!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    You ate a bite of pancake? Perfectly legitimate reason to give up.
  • TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    1. You haven't been carb free.

2. If you feel like you should give up for taking a bite of pancakes, you have bigger problems than weight or diet.

3. Get up, put on your big girl panties, and move on.

1. I agree. Even Jesus is pro-carbs

2. I agree. Her problem is that she didn't have fish with her bread.

3. Why are you always telling people to put on clothes? Naked is much better.
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself...after all pancakes are so good especially with maple syrup:)
    I think enjoying foods that are not always good for you every once in a while is fine and you spent time with your daughter which is always a great thing. Hang in there!